Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Vanquish is on Fire!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2018, 07:12 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Vanquish is on Fire!

I’m amazed at what vanquish has released in the last few days. These wheels are pretty nice looking too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ThatJeeper2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2018, 07:42 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Vanquish is on Fire!

I really like the shocks, the wheels aren't my bag... But are admittedly nice for plastic. I'm not a fan of Machete's in general. Spokes are too angular for me, I'm sure other wheel designs are coming. Hoping for more shock length options soon!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:00 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

You can bolt Incision hubs to these wheels which is a wonderful thing. I have wanted a set of lightweight plastic beadlocks with a hex that won't strip out. CI 6 Bolts are nice but gluing tires sucks (and 2.2 only).
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:30 AM   #4

Who wants plastic beadlock wheels?

The Incision shocks are nice, but they have VP prices. And I don't know how they justify the prices since they admit they aren't made in the US. You won't see that note in the production description. I'd opt for GMade shocks instead.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:51 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Not you?

They're good value, use Incision hubs for a lot of width options, look pretty good and include a accurate-looking center hub. I think it's a pretty good alternative.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
Not you?

They're good value, use Incision hubs for a lot of width options, look pretty good and include a accurate-looking center hub. I think it's a pretty good alternative.
Not me, obviously. And I'd say not most people. With as cheap as you can get quality, aluminum beadlock wheels these days I think the desire for plastic wheels is way down. I think.

There's still the rare post on here looking for plastic beadlocks, but usually it's aluminum.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:38 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Not me, obviously. And I'd say not most people. With as cheap as you can get quality, aluminum beadlock wheels these days I think the desire for plastic wheels is way down. I think.

There's still the rare post on here looking for plastic beadlocks, but usually it's aluminum.
There must be a market or Crawler Innovations, Pit Bull, and Vanquish (arguably three leaders in their field of expertise) wouldn't be offering them, no?
Old 03-13-2018, 10:09 AM   #8
RCC Addict

I think it's a great thing for them to offer, plastic wheels. As for the shocks, it just makes sense to go along with everything else they offer. Sure they are a bit more expensive than GMade RSDs, but VP product has always commanded a little higher price due to the exceptional quality and service.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I prefer an aluminum bead lock wheel. That said, if I were building a more comp oriented rig, i’d strongly consider a good plastic beadlock wheel for the weight savings. My guess would be that 4 of these plastics weigh in at 2 of what their aluminum counterparts do.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
There must be a market or Crawler Innovations, Pit Bull, and Vanquish (arguably three leaders in their field of expertise) wouldn't be offering them, no?
Unless something has changed, I don't think Crawler Innovations offers plastic beadlock wheels. They offer plastic glue ons. Plastic glue on wheels make perfect sense for the guys trying to save every ounce.

People can gladly pay $50 for four plastic, Incision beadlock wheels if they want to save a tiny bit of weight and not have to worry about gluing. The guys that want scale looks and durability would be much better off going on eBay and buying all aluminum wheels for the same price.

Heck, even the Axial 8-Hole beadlock wheels come with metal beadlock rings, like the Incision wheels, and they cost roughly $15 less per set of 4. You don't get the SLW hubs, but there are still a lot of people not stuck on SLW ecosphere.

And yet another option is GMade that offers good looking, all-plastic internal beadlock wheels.

So yeah, there's tons of plastic wheel options out there.

This is the way I see it.

Plastic glue ons to save weight.

eBay, all aluminum wheels if you want durability, good looks, and beadlocks. Or one of the high end, expensive wheels if you are willing to spend the dough for the quality and the looks.

Then there's these Incision wheels somewhere in between glue ons and plastic beadlocks. I still don't understand the need for them, but that's why I asked the question to open the discussion like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
I think it's a great thing for them to offer, plastic wheels. As for the shocks, it just makes sense to go along with everything else they offer. Sure they are a bit more expensive than GMade RSDs, but VP product has always commanded a little higher price due to the exceptional quality and service.
I don't think there are many people that will argue GMade shocks are some of the best bang for your buck that you'll find at any price point. They just work.

VP used the "Made in the USA" as one reason to justify their pricing. But if these shocks aren't made in American then why are they much more expensive than GMade?

I just want to know the shock body OD of the Incision shocks. If they are narrower than 12mm and they work well I'm game to try them.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 03-13-2018 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:50 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Awesome to see an adjustable width 1.9 wheel.
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:53 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
You don't get the SLW hubs, but there are still a lot of people not stuck on SLW ecosphere.

And yet another option is GMade that offers good looking, all-plastic internal beadlock wheels.

Im stuck on hexes lol. with as many trucks as i have itd be too costly to convert now.

i just bought a bunch of maximizer 1.9bls cuz they're on sale, super cheap!
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:21 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Diversification? Adding new products? Giving the customer greater choice?

There's a lot of reasons, but ultimately, more options is great for everyone.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:04 PM   #14
RCC Addict

I just don't get the whole Incision specific hub? VP created the gold standard SLW hub, then muddies the water with the incision hub. Having a few sets of VP hubs, a few sets of Chinese hubs, a couple Axial hubs, and a set of SSD hubs is no big deal since they can all interchange so long as you use their specific screws (4-40, 3mm, and 2.5mm.) Add a set of Incision wheels to the mix and you'll have to start your hub collection over.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #15
RCC Addict

They look pretty good except the hardware sticks out too far IMO.

As for the shocks, I'll hold off and see how they do. I'm very happy with the Dravtechs that I have, but I wouldnt mind a more scale looking shock for some builds. The Gmades are good but springs are a goofy size and not many rates available.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:19 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

I think this is a great release, not to mention the interchangeability of parts, and ability to add scale hardware to a plastic wheel (acorn bolts).

Old 03-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Unless something has changed, I don't think Crawler Innovations offers plastic beadlock wheels. They offer plastic glue ons. Plastic glue on wheels make perfect sense for the guys trying to save every ounce.

People can gladly pay $50 for four plastic, Incision beadlock wheels if they want to save a tiny bit of weight and not have to worry about gluing. The guys that want scale looks and durability would be much better off going on eBay and buying all aluminum wheels for the same price.

Heck, even the Axial 8-Hole beadlock wheels come with metal beadlock rings, like the Incision wheels, and they cost roughly $15 less per set of 4. You don't get the SLW hubs, but there are still a lot of people not stuck on SLW ecosphere.

This is the way I see it.

Plastic glue ons to save weight.

eBay, all aluminum wheels if you want durability, good looks, and beadlocks. Or one of the high end, expensive wheels if you are willing to spend the dough for the quality and the looks.

Then there's these Incision wheels somewhere in between glue ons and plastic beadlocks. I still don't understand the need for them, but that's why I asked the question to open the discussion like this.

I don't think there are many people that will argue GMade shocks are some of the best bang for your buck that you'll find at any price point. They just work.

VP used the "Made in the USA" as one reason to justify their pricing. But if these shocks aren't made in American then why are they much more expensive than GMade?

I just want to know the shock body OD of the Incision shocks. If they are narrower than 12mm and they work well I'm game to try them.

All VP products are made in America, I think that CNCs running in Harley’s livestreams justify that pretty well, and these new products will be no exception.

Old 03-13-2018, 02:30 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatJeeper2017 View Post
All VP products are made in America, I think that CNCs running in Harley’s livestreams justify that pretty well, and these new products will be no exception.
There's always one.

Harley is the one that said they're Made in Taiwan on his Facebook page.

Would you like to change your post now?

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 03-13-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:06 PM   #19
Suck it up!

Quote:
Lots of people. I sold a crap ton of them.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

im down. better than prolines plastic beadlocks it looks like.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish is on Fire! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help!Fire! 72chevyrs10 Redcat Crawlers 5 04-01-2013 10:18 PM
Fire!!!!! The Violator Past RCCA qualifiers 11 03-31-2012 02:03 PM
My First Fire hibbs Electronics 2 01-17-2012 07:45 PM
F1 fire up Scattman Chit Chat 1 04-24-2006 09:53 PM