Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Proline BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 1.9” G8 Rock Terrain Truck Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2018, 08:23 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Proline BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 1.9” G8 Rock Terrain Truck Tires

I'm surprised so many are complaining about these tires. Yes it kinda sucks they are only offered in one size BUT these are modeled from a actual 1:1 truck tire and yes different companies copy name brand tires and sell them. So what if it looks similar to tires on the market ITS SCALE AFTER A TRUE 1:1 TRUCK TIRE isnt "scale" what we do here?
SuperDutyScaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2018, 02:37 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Proline BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 1.9” G8 Rock Terrain Truck Tires

I'm really excited about these. 'Unfortunately' I already have Prolines kr2 and kx, so I don't know if I can justify another set. They look a lot like the the kxs.

I also have the TSL Super Swampers.. I'm a bit obsessed with Proline' s licensed tires.. fantastic price and quality.

Last edited by tjohanne; 04-29-2018 at 02:46 AM.
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:48 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTT View Post
Well, I bought me a set. Proline finds another way to separate me from my cash.
You will not be disappointed, for sure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2018, 02:52 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I have to ask why. This tire is so close to other Proline offerings. They could have done a different design that was more different than their current offerings.

I'd like a 1.55 Hyrax.
Agree. I would like something in between. Something that could go with my scx10 without looking too big or too small

Old 04-30-2018, 12:29 AM   #25

I'm torn between the flat iron and the krawler. Which is better for all around performance Ann's do you think the new tires will stack up?
Ferra3904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:01 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Would have liked to see it offered in another size myself such as 4.35, but I’m NOT complaining. Look great.
MattySlimz1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:34 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I would also like to see a class 1 legal size, not everyone wants giant tires, lol
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:28 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattySlimz1987 View Post
Would have liked to see it offered in another size myself such as 4.35, but I’m NOT complaining. Look great.
Yes, yes, yes! We need more mid-sized tires like this.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:26 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra3904 View Post
I'm torn between the flat iron and the krawler. Which is better for all around performance Ann's do you think the new tires will stack up?
In that situation I would go with this new release. Seems to be a combination of the two you want

Old 05-01-2018, 09:26 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I had a set of the Flat Iron XLs and really liked them. Unfortunately, some of the comps I planned on attending were using SORCCA rules, and the Flat Iron XLs are spec'd at 4.76", which is illegal of Class 2. The BFG's are spec'd at 4.75", which is still legal. Compounds are the same, and tread patterns aren't that far off from each other, so performance wise, I don't think you can go wrong with either. But I do recommend getting the PL's 2-stage foams though.

I wanted to downsize a bit anyway, so I'm running RC4WD's IROKs at 4.64" to stay under the Class limits.
Ironhide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 02:40 PM   #31
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohanne View Post
In that situation I would go with this new release. Seems to be a combination of the two you want

I was in the same boat. I was actually about to order a set of Krawler T/A's when I saw these for preorder, I may just wait.
Danger Close is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:14 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Close View Post
I was in the same boat. I was actually about to order a set of Krawler T/A's when I saw these for preorder, I may just wait.
That being said, I am very happy with my Krawler T/As, so I think you will be happy with whichever you choose

Old 05-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #33

Ok cool thanks guys! I got the IROK 1.9s but I like a larger tire personally. I'm running 2.2 mud slingers on rc4wd fuel hostage and they work great on my trx4 Bronco. I want more of a scale look with this rig. It pulls off amazing lines with the mud slingers so I can't wait to get some good rock tires. Got it Friday and I already broke it lol stripped the rear portal gear because of fishing line hidden in a big pile of leaves. It was a bummer but it showed me how strong it's built that I actually stripped a metal gear before anything else broke.
Ferra3904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:49 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Ok cool thanks guys! I got the IROK 1.9s but I like a larger tire personally. I'm running 2.2 mud slingers on rc4wd fuel hostage and they work great ...
I would only use Proline or Pitbull for crawling. RC4WD is only for looks, as far as I know..

Old 05-03-2018, 11:23 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I would only use Proline or Pitbull for crawling. RC4WD is only for looks, as far as I know..

A lot depends on the terrain and weather - In my humble opinion RC4WD does also make some excellent tires.

Their new Goodyear MT/R Advanced X2 SSS Compound tires are available in 6 different sizes and are extremely sticky and soft, with an excellent tread pattern.

The Advanced X2 SSS Compound is relatively new and noticeably better than their other rubber compounds, and they have also upgraded the foams that they come with.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 11:14 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Negative ghostrider.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 01:37 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Here is prolines promo vid for these new tyres, also some more footage of the yet to be released rear cage too. Edit- my bad! It’s just a honcho cage

Like some others here, I’m having trouble deciding between these and the Krawlers!

Last edited by Yeti.stealth; 05-04-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Yeti.stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:29 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

You can't go wrong with the BFG Krawlers.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:14 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
Negative ghostrider.
I have six tires from rc4wd. None of them are even close to being circular. I'll be happy to send you pictures.. Two of them are replacements for oval tires, sent directly from rc4wd. Guess if the replacements were oval as well.. I wouldn't use them for actual driving...

Last edited by tjohanne; 05-05-2018 at 07:21 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:14 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I have six tires from rc4wd. None of them are even close to being circular. I'll be happy to send you pictures.. Two of them are replacements for oval tires, sent directly from rc4wd. Guess if the replacements were oval as well.. I wouldn't use them for actual driving...

I think I remember the posts about that, but the point is that not all their models suffer from the same issue.

If I had that issue occur, I'd be leary of the company as well, but they have perfectly good tires as well.

durok is offline   Reply With Quote

Proline BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 1.9” G8 Rock Terrain Truck Tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Now In Stock - NEW Pro-Line Racing BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 SC M2 Tires! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 03-26-2018 12:09 PM
Proline Bfgoodrich all terrain or Krawler tyres?? trxrincon Tires and Wheels 20 07-22-2017 12:07 AM