More new tires, predator compound
:

https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...ruck-tires.asp
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2018, 02:21 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Proline BFGoodrich mud terrain

I almost bought a set of the G8s earlier this week I'm glad I waited. These should be great!
Col_Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:42 AM   #3

I love my G8 TSL

And my G8 Krawler TA

So I bought a set of Predator TSL and they just don’t work well in my local terrain. I tried single stage firm foams, stock foams and dual stage foams and they just don’t work. Someone suggested they may be better in cold weather so I’ll test them this Winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Discohair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Interesting. Where are you - what kind of terrain do you run?
number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
Interesting. Where are you - what kind of terrain do you run?

I’m in Eastern WA and we have lots of solid rock

Old 09-25-2018, 09:54 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discohair View Post
I love my G8 TSL

And my G8 Krawler TA

So I bought a set of Predator TSL and they just don’t work well in my local terrain. I tried single stage firm foams, stock foams and dual stage foams and they just don’t work. Someone suggested they may be better in cold weather so I’ll test them this Winter.

What arent you liking about the predator TSL's? Too soft or not hooking up compared to the G8 versions?

I found i needed to go to the next size up in foams to give the softer tyre more support.
1tuff40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:04 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Yeah, I got a set of the TSL's at PLBF when they came out, thinking they would be all the rage. They're okay, just not fantastic. I've been in situations with other similarly built crawlers and mine just slipped and slided. The don't seem to grip as well a either PB RockBbeast or Hyrax's.

I run CI two-stage in the fronts and single stage in the rears. There's plenty of squish to the tires. Sure like they way they look though.

EDIT: They also shred pretty good, a rough day on the rocks and there are slivers of rubber hanging off the tread blocks.

Last edited by Browneye; 09-25-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tuff40 View Post
What arent you liking about the predator TSL's? Too soft or not hooking up compared to the G8 versions?

I found i needed to go to the next size up in foams to give the softer tyre more support.

Both, they are too soft and not sticky. They remind me of the knockoff hyrax I bought a while back.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:23 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I've run my G8 TSL'S for nearly 2 years and they still aren't shredded like that. Must be some killer rocks you have out there.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:17 AM   #10

I haven't had a chance to run my Predator Hyrax, but I freaking love my G8 Hyrax. G8 Hyrax are as good as any other tire from any other manufacturer in any other compound.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:31 PM   #11

It’s cooling done around here, so I tried the predators on my backyard course and they seemed to grip better than before...

Old 09-26-2018, 09:52 PM   #12
RCC Addict

So far I've run the PL Krawlers, PB RockBeast, and the TSL predators- they're all very good, more similar than different.
I still think a Hyrax has a slight edge over all of them, but I don't think they are as scale looking as any of the other tires, so I have not bought a set and actually tried them.
For pure competition I think that is what I would run. Perhaps I would change my mind if I actually had a set. [shrug]

All the same chassis:
Krawlers…

RockBeast…

Predator TSL's...

My crawling buddy runs Hyrax a lot...

Last edited by Browneye; 09-26-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
So far I've run the PL Krawlers, PB RockBeast, and the TSL predators- they're all very good, more similar than different.
I still think a Hyrax has a slight edge over all of them, but I don't think they are as scale looking as any of the other tires, so I have not bought a set and actually tried them.
For pure competition I think that is what I would run. Perhaps I would change my mind if I actually had a set. [shrug]

All the same chassis:
I would agree that Hyrax are the least scale, but I just think of them as custom cut tires.

The 4.19" Hyrax look more scale than the rest.

Pitbulls look awesome, but their pricing is out of hand and I only order their tires with big coupons or when they have their 25% and 50% off sale. You know if they can have 50% off sales they are price gouging.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:59 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I would agree that Hyrax are the least scale, but I just think of them as custom cut tires.

The 4.19" Hyrax look more scale than the rest.

Pitbulls look awesome, but their pricing is out of hand and I only order their tires with big coupons or when they have their 25% and 50% off sale. You know if they can have 50% off sales they are price gouging.
Their prices are high but thats not price gouging. Its just how the free market works. If everyone quit paying Pitbull's high prices, they would have to drop their price to be more competitive than the rest of the tires out there. I also only buy their tires on their 50% off sales, but I'm liking the Predator compound better than Alien, so I have switched over to Proline for now.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:31 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I also didnt notice any miraculous increase in performance over the G8 compound. I kind of put that down to the G8's being worn in and the Predator tires being new. As far as I can tell with my butt dyno they both have close to equal performance though getting the foams dialed in might be simpler with the G8 compound.

All that said more options are more better
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:02 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I like the way these new BFG's look. I may have to try them out.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:48 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Ran my Predator Hyrax today for first good workout. It was hot (low 90’s?) and slick, slimy, creek bed rocks and they were less than impressive. Just slipped and spun everywhere. My boys were running G8 TSL’s and PB Rock Beast Aliens and getting much better traction. I switched out to Duratrax Showdowns mid day and they worked much better.

I’m gonna reserve the Predator Hyrax for cool dry conditions and see how they work. Going back to the G8 TSL & Hyrax for now, or PB RB.
number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:00 AM   #18
RCC Addict

I ended up just buying the G8 KM3s. The rig they are on is pretty heavy and brushless so I figured the G8 versions would hold up better.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
Yeah, I got a set of the TSL's at PLBF when they came out....... They're okay, just not fantastic. I've been in situations with other similarly built crawlers and mine just slipped and slided. The don't seem to grip as well a either PB RockBbeast or Hyrax's.

I run CI two-stage in the fronts and single stage in the rears. There's plenty of squish to the tires.

EDIT: They also shred pretty good, a rough day on the rocks and there are slivers of rubber hanging off the tread blocks.

I was interested, checked them out and passed on buying them that week, because imo and ime they are too soft and instead of gripping, the lugs will fold over. Still haven't bought any and glad I didn't. Standard G8 compound soaked in Simple Green with their single stage foams works great in almost all conditions and lasts much longer!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:22 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
I was interested, checked them out and passed on buying them that week, because imo and ime they are too soft and instead of gripping, the lugs will fold over. Still haven't bought any and glad I didn't. Standard G8 compound soaked in Simple Green with their single stage foams works great in almost all conditions and lasts much longer!

Hell, even the stocker vaterra tsl's work better.

I still like them, they're the right height, and work well enough, but if'n I was serious about comp crawling they would have to go. I have the other two tires to use, so all is not lost - the krawlers or the RB's. But I have a veterra spare to match them on my favorite rig. Jedi mind-trick. LOL

Proline BFGoodrich mud terrain - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Proline BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 1.9” G8 Rock Terrain Truck Tires Yeti.stealth Tires and Wheels 62 12-23-2018 02:26 PM
RESTOCK!! NEW Pro-Line Racing BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 1.9" G8 Rock Terrain RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-06-2018 02:34 PM
IN STOCK - NEW Pro Line BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 1.9" G8 Rock Terrain Tires RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-16-2018 12:54 PM
Pre-Order - NEW Pro Line BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 1.9" G8 Rock Terrain Tires RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 04-24-2018 11:52 AM
Proline Bfgoodrich all terrain or Krawler tyres?? trxrincon Tires and Wheels 20 07-22-2017 12:07 AM