Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Vendors Tires and wheels

Notices

View Poll Results: what other colors would you like?
RED 1 3.45%
GREEN 2 6.90%
SILVER 25 86.21%
RED MACHINED 5 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: NEW PRODUCT RELEASE - 1.9 Raceline Aluminum Beadlocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2019, 09:28 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: NEW PRODUCT RELEASE - 1.9 Raceline Aluminum Beadlocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
I took a closer look today, couldn’t get a good photo but while they clear the portal the clearance on the top of the ssd cover is much tighter, where the circular part starts to raise for the upper portal gear. The wheels still spin freely but it’s close.
Good pic - thanks! Just barely! But hey, that's still clearing the portal Is that a Bronco or Defender/Tactical/kit? Bronco's have a longer stub axle than the others that might not fit under the center cap without enough offset. Center cap is part of the wheel itself, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
You might have to look into a set of these wheels? But you won a set...Or did you mean the brass portal covers?
Didn't even know there was a giveaway involved, Saw the poll pop up, looked at the pretty pics, didn't read a thing, did the poll (silver please), posted some tire pics like everyone else, and went on my way. Just clued in a few days ago. However, I thought it was no star, no giveaways...so being a non-supporting member, I graciously declined. At least that how it used it be - reading through here though, I'm apparently way behind the times. Guess that's out the window. No matter though, it's all good. If it hasn't been said enough, INCREDIBLY generous offer from Pitbull....never seen anything like it, even over the old holiday contests. You guys rock! Congrats to all the winners!

BTW I run SSD's on both of my TRX's. Which you would know if you dusted off that transmitter once in a while.

Last edited by OSRC; 02-01-2019 at 09:33 PM.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2019, 10:41 PM   #102
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Good pic - thanks! Just barely! But hey, that's still clearing the portal Is that a Bronco or Defender/Tactical/kit? Bronco's have a longer stub axle than the others that might not fit under the center cap without enough offset. Center cap is part of the wheel itself, correct?
It was a bronco and you’re right about the stubs.

Earlier today I took out the dremel and shaved a little bit off each stub. It feels like a flat fit against the hub and I think they moved in a couple mm.

I also shaved down the top of the portal covers to give the wheels more breathing room.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 02-02-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #103
RCC Addict

Woohoo! Got my wheels today. They look soooo awesome! Thanks again Pitbull, much appreciated! Now to get a set of tires for them n get my project rollin

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:13 PM   #104
RCC Addict

What do yall think bout stretchin a 1.0 tire on 1.9 wheels? Lmbo Thatd just about give me that 'wide tire' look, IF theyd go on the wheels

Old 02-02-2019, 06:26 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

Mounted a set of proline 4.19 KM3's with ease.... Something wasn't quite right mounted my 1.55 beserkers

Lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:47 AM   #106
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky View Post
Mounted a set of proline 4.19 KM3's with ease.... Something wasn't quite right mounted my 1.55 beserkers

Lmao same tires i ordered for mine.

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk
jokersinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:21 AM   #107
RCC Addict

So, what's the trick to mounting these? The front lip is so small the bead pops out everywhere. I don't see how I'll get the tire mounted on them.
6 screws to take a wheel of your rig?? Hmmm...
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:37 AM   #108
Gold Star Baby!

I had my tires in the freezer before trying to mount, this helped a good bit for me.

Otherwise when I was setting the rear bead I made sure the front side was pressed down against a flat surface to try and avoid it popping out. It took a couple tries per wheel.

@lanky that brown Chevy is a bad mf
Old 02-03-2019, 09:50 AM   #109
RCC Addict

The berserkers are kinda growin on me guys. Im torn between gettin the berserkers or the growlers, in 1.55s of course lol

Old 02-03-2019, 11:08 AM   #110
RCC Addict

I got mine yesterday and installed them on my TRX-4. I really like the look of them. They look and feel quality. Some of the detail looks better in person than on the pictures. The center ring having the groove should help keep foams from sliding around. I have had that problem with a few other wheels.

Everything went together well for me. All screws went in easy and the hardware seems like it is good quality. The hardware on cheaper wheels (and some that are similarly priced) has been soft in my experience, especially the little scale bolts but these feel heavy duty.

I think they are well worth the $110 price. That is around the price of Incisions and these seem far better than Incisions IMO. The set of Incisions I owned had soft hardware and thin/weak finish, but most importantly, the hex fit was sloppy. That caused the wheel nut to keep backing off. Thats very annoying when it requires removing 6 screws to tighten the nut. The center cap being a part of the wheel instead of an extra piece to line up is also a nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browneye View Post
So, what's the trick to mounting these? The front lip is so small the bead pops out everywhere. I don't see how I'll get the tire mounted on them.
6 screws to take a wheel of your rig?? Hmmm...
The front lip is pretty small but I did not have a problem mounting my tires at all. I installed RBXLs with Proline 2 stage foams. There are a few other wheels with the same setup.

I will post pics later. I'm having to use a TRX-4 Sport body since I screwed up the XJ body.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:19 PM   #111
RCC Addict

Took a couple of hours to mount two tires...VP VTX's. I think they're too skinny, especially compared to the RB XL's I had on there, so will probly just order out a set of RB scale size.
The fit and finish is very good. All the little screws for the outside ring are very fiddly, and the stud supplied as a tool won't fit into the recess so it sticks. And I think they're too small - you can hardly see them. Otherwise they are nice wheels, if not a little too all black. LOL

I put CI foams in one and they were a little easier, but it was very difficult to get the lip of the tire bead to feed into the center lock ring - they would either pop out or hang up. Extremely fiddly.

One extra hub screw. One extra ring screw. Five extra tiny ring bolts.

EDIT: I wish I would have started with a set of PitBull or Prolines, cuz I swapped out another set of Krawler TA's I had and they fit perfectly and were a breeze to install. So now I like the wheels a lot better, and not having to install all those little tiny ring bolts after fighting with the tire for an hour. They look really great.
I just have to find a way to make up the couple of ounces extra I had with some brass wheel weights on my ascender. These wheels are a couple of ounces lighter weight - knuckles or something...already have brass axle inserts - CodyBoy axles. I'll post a pic tomorrow with the new ZR2 body.

Last edited by Browneye; 02-04-2019 at 04:06 AM.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:42 PM   #112
Rock Stacker

Got mine Saturday, overall great looking. As for assembly, the tiny outer beadlocks screws are PTA, but they are on them all, and only deal with them once. Just time consuming. Problem for me was the tool/long hex screw, would not fit down in the countersink to ge them tight. I filed the threads down, this helped, always lock tight these screws. I didn’t have any problems with the beads staying where they are supposed to during mounting. For me, I prefer to be able to put wheels on and off with the one hex nut, for ease of tire changes. I’m sure it won’t matter much, and I’ll get used to it. Just prefer not having to remove so many small screws. Mainly because my hands just don’t work like they used to and are partially numb most the time. I’ll get some pics up as soon. Thank you again Pit Bull for being so generous.
Pjking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:31 AM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
BTW I run SSD's on both of my TRX's. Which you would know if you dusted off that transmitter once in a while.
I'm so anxious to get out there! Tell Mother Nature to get her shit together and give us some of that global warming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
The berserkers are kinda growin on me guys. Im torn between gettin the berserkers or the growlers, in 1.55s of course lol
The Berserkers are the better all terrain tire. If you only drive on dry, clean rocks than the Growlers are good. But if you experience dirt, mud or wet I'd go with the Berserkers.

Here are mine. I didn't mount them to anything. The quality is much better in person than what I expected from the photos.

Thanks again, Pit Bull!

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:46 AM   #114
RCC Addict

@jato

Thanks for the advice jato, appreciate it. I wanna build somethin for pullin a trailer, but then again b able to put it on the trail. Think ill go with the berserkers. I like the clutch wheels too. If i had to buy a set, itd b a hard choice between the clutch n combat

Old 02-04-2019, 10:18 AM   #115
RCC Addict

The 'new' Proline Chevy Colorado ZR2 body on Ascender chassis...PitBull Clutch Wheels, Proline BFG Krawler TA's.
Likely a good candidate for the PB Berserkers. The RB XL's are just way too big IMO.

Last edited by Browneye; 02-04-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:05 AM   #116
RCC Addict

Body isn't in its final position and I'm waiting on a bumper, but here they are on my sleeper rig...

IMG_20190203_111910
Old 02-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #117
Gold Star Baby!

That a sport body? Looks great! Nice color choice.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:18 AM   #118
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
That a sport body? Looks great! Nice color choice.
Yeah, bought it from SRD a few months ago. I wasn't going to use it on this after I saw how much the rear overhangs, but I screwed up the XJ body and dont feel like spending the money on another one.

Was going to take her out yesterday but I didnt have the right rear body post.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:34 PM   #119
Rock Stacker

Update, got my wheels mounted on scx10.2 for now. I did find problem in my case. The countersink where the hex nut sits is just a touch not big enough. The wheel doesn’t quite sit flush, rocking a bit. Pics show the nut washer combo I needed to do to fix it.
Attached Images

Pjking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:44 AM   #120
I wanna be Dave

A bunch of us already have our wheels but a little info for those who don't.

My set of wheels arrived a couple days ago and it feels like I have been installing tiny screws ever since. Easily the best way to help install the tiny scale screws in the outer ring is to grind down the end of the setscrew used for installation. This makes getting in the recesses for the screws much easier.

Chuck it in a drill and put a file to it (or a belt sander for those that want to be done in under 10 seconds like me).

Liberally apply threadlock to those tiny screws because you never want to take them out again.

The hubs included with the wheels are unique to Pitbull, neither SLW, Incision, or RC4WD hubs come close to matching the bolt circle. While the hubs use M2 screws and Locked Up scale lugs will fit, they don't really add anything to the wheel since the recess is so deep.

You don't really notice the scale lug vs the ordinary screw and the screws will be much easier to remove regularly. If you must have full scale hardware on your wheels, be prepared to grind down the outer diameter of your 3mm socket driver because there isn't much room. My 3mm Locked Up driver is already thin walled and slightly ground down and it didn't fit.

The truck these are going on currently has a set of Vanquish KMC wheels so some comparison shots were taken while the tires were getting cleaned up.

The wheels are pretty much identical in most dimensions.

The Pitbull wheels are ever so slightly wider.

The 2 wheels are much different on the back side.

We have all seen Vanquish wheels before and know they offer a ton of rear clearance. Pitbull's wheels have pretty good clearance since they use M2.5 ring hardware instead of the larger M3. 8 screws for the rear ring seems a bit excessive but not terrible.

Inner rings are pretty much identical in dimension as well with the PB being ever so slightly wider.

PB's inner ring has a machined groove around the outside that should keep the foam in place better and also makes the ring noticeably lighter.

Now to get the tires mounted and the truck that will be called home cleaned up.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote

NEW PRODUCT RELEASE - 1.9 Raceline Aluminum Beadlocks - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Did Traxxas just release a product to compete with themselves? Yup. TwistedXT Chit Chat 4 10-02-2014 02:46 PM