Notices

Thread: RC4WD Milestar patagonia M/T

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2019, 08:03 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default RC4WD Milestar patagonia M/T

https://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Milest...es_p_7227.html

Anyone tried these out yet ?
I think they look good, just cant afford to get a set to try out.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2019, 09:07 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: RC4WD Milestar patagonia M/T

Wow, I'm somewhat surprised to see a licensed RC tire inspired by the MileStar brand. If it were not for the LiteBrite YouTube channel (1:1 Jeep JL videos), I would never have even heard of those tires.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:09 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

hehe i found that video too, and yeah seem to be working okay in 1:1 size.

O and she can co-drive with me anytime
Old 01-21-2019, 11:10 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
hehe i found that video too, and yeah seem to be working okay in 1:1 size.

O and she can co-drive with me anytime

While it's slightly off topic, I really enjoy that channel. I watch every video they put out. I don't really care about Jeeps all that much, but Kevin and Brittany have a lot of personality, and they are not afraid to take their JL to it's limit, which makes for lots of good content.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:49 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Feel free to go OT in my threads, i actually consider myself the reining world champion in going off topic.
For sure what the Americans have of terrain to go offroad in pretty much beat what we have in Denmark like 99.99% as Denmark are flat as a pancake and made up of sand and dirt, so if anything Danish offroaders can be experts in getting in and out of a mud hole ( little Danish mud holes )

I know as i have co-driven my friends land rover for over a decade, when the land rover club of Denmark played around in military practice grounds.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:42 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

It's been about a year since RC4WD released little tiny 1.0" Milestars:

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:07 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Didn't they just release another tire too? This just showed up on RPP's new section so I assume its new

Goodyear Wrangle All Terrain Adventure 1.5's https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/rc4z-t0171.htm
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:26 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

96 mm that's a man tire,,,,, you know the kind of man that don't measure his,,,,,, offroad driving skills by tire size.

Remind me of all the many drives on 1.9 Dick Cepech mud country tires, which as i recall are also 96 mm.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:09 AM   #9

Scale tires, such as this one, are becoming odd. The tread is getting too tightly spaced to be of any use in the dirty and sometimes muddy conditions here in the East. This scale tire doesn't even look a lot like the 1:1 tire because they added spacing between the lugs. Even so, it's still too tight for me to consider.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:54 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The tread is getting too tightly spaced to be of any use in the dirty and sometimes muddy conditions here in the East. too tight for me to consider.
Well they call them "All Terrains" so they should work good everywhere right? (Sarcasm )

Well its not the same tire but it also has really tight tread, the Pit Bull 1.9 A/T Hardcore Scale R/C Tires
https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/pbtpb9010nk.htm
I've actually heard people say they perform much better than expected in muddy conditions, looking at them you wouldn't expect it.

The RPP product page is the only place I've heard bad things about these tires (theres a 3 out of 5 star rating) but it looks like a review that might have been done before even trying them out. they also claimed the alien compound felt worse than the old RC4WD compound, which leads me to believe they may be a wee bit off base.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
they also claimed the alien compound felt worse than the old RC4WD compound, which leads me to believe they may be a wee bit off base.
That guy is hilarious! Probably an RC4WD "Team Driver".
Old 01-22-2019, 10:51 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I have to agree that the new RC4WD X2x3 is a really good compound. Recently picked up a set of 1.55 Alien compound RB's/ Growlers/ Beserkers, I also Picked up a set of Irok ND's.... In my opinion the ND's have the best grip. I actually ended up running some Pitbull Dirty Richard foams in them to give them some additional height. At this point, totally my go to tire. My problem is I like them all...

Historically Alien compound on my trucks/ terrain take a while to wake up... So who knows. Good news is, today you cant really pick a bad compound. G8, R35(with carcas work) Alien, X2x3, VEX, Predator, JC Green, all kill it in the scale crawler world.

I wouldn't hesitate to run these tires!
Lanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:02 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Scale tires, such as this one, are becoming odd. The tread is getting too tightly spaced to be of any use in the dirty and sometimes muddy conditions here in the East. This scale tire doesn't even look a lot like the 1:1 tire because they added spacing between the lugs. Even so, it's still too tight for me to consider.
I'm a little confused - are you talking about the 1.9" Patagonia tire mentioned in the OP?

There's nothing wrong with the tread-to-void ratio, there... and there's very deep cuts that will allow flexing of the tread blocks as well. There's loads of tires out there with similar ratios and less siping and/or deep cuts.

And this tread in the newest RC4WD compound should do quite well - they are extremely sticky.

Not every tire design is necessarily meant for every terrain out there. I'm planning on picking up a set of these in the not-to-distant future, although I really need to slow down on tires because I have too many sets already...

The new 1.55" Goodyears are definitely meant for somethin' else entirely - these have seriously shallow tread, but some people want these for pure scale appeal, I suppose(?)

Old 01-22-2019, 06:14 PM   #14

Those look interesting. For the price though I think I will try some pit bulls.....
80Yota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:03 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
I'm a little confused - are you talking about the 1.9" Patagonia tire mentioned in the OP?

There's nothing wrong with the tread-to-void ratio, there... and there's very deep cuts that will allow flexing of the tread blocks as well. There's loads of tires out there with similar ratios and less siping and/or deep cuts.

And this tread in the newest RC4WD compound should do quite well - they are extremely sticky.

Not every tire design is necessarily meant for every terrain out there. I'm planning on picking up a set of these in the not-to-distant future, although I really need to slow down on tires because I have too many sets already...

The new 1.55" Goodyears are definitely meant for somethin' else entirely - these have seriously shallow tread, but some people want these for pure scale appeal, I suppose(?)

Yes, the tire mentioned by the OP and the one for which you embedded the image. That's too tightly spaced for my liking. Most all terrain tread doesn't work well here in the east where we have mud, silt and water. They get packed and stay packed. Plus, this scale version has much more open spacing than the real thing so the look is "off".

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....KL._SX679_.jpg

The tread on the second tire you linked to reminds me of the smaller Hyrax tire for some reason.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:53 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

I will agree on many scale tires are a bit too compact in the thread design, but i think this one are one of the more open threads.
Back in the day i / we drove a lot with the Dick Cpeck mud / country tires, and we both felt they did okay with the Danish dirt.
But granted at the time none of really did a lot of experimenting with other tires, so maybe we both was deluding our self, not knowing better.
My friend have started to cut a lot of his tires, and so far he feel that have only made the tires he cut into better.
Myself i don't have a tire collection that allow for me to start slicing them up.

Currently i ride on the Mickey Tompson Baja MTZ tire ( C1 ) and my little truck seem to hold itself well against the other guys, factoring in i drive a "slammed" Dodge power wagon on those tires i think its okay.
I was planning on adding the SSD portals, but as they add +11 mm in each side then that's a no go for me.
So no portals for me unless they narrow them down, or i up to C2 or what ever class allowing for bigger tires, and go truggy or what i call specialized with wheels outside of the wheel wells.

But for now i like a street legal look and C1 ( though we don't have classes here )
That Jeep in the above video testing the 1:1 tires, that would never be street legal car here as you cant lift a car and there are only room for so much more tire diameter in wheel wells, and tires cant poke out of those here, not even if you flare the fenders though that is legal just not to cover much wider tires / stance..
So while i like street legal, that's not quite Danish streets.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:59 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Anybody ran these yet?

Actual mounted diameter with stock foams?
valheru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:02 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

I'm currently restraining my rubber fetish...

But they're next on my list along with a mixed set of Pro-lines (different front than rear).

Gotta sell off some stuff, though - make some room in my budget for them and the wheels they will mount up on!
Old 07-25-2019, 04:38 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Another AxialFest premiere from RC4WD will be the taller (4.7") release of the Milestar Patagonia M/T 1.9", should be a real high-traction tire in the newer X2Sł compound at 1.8" wide:

https://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Milest...es_p_7558.html

Old 08-19-2019, 04:35 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yes, the tire mentioned by the OP and the one for which you embedded the image. That's too tightly spaced for my liking. Most all terrain tread doesn't work well here in the east where we have mud, silt and water. They get packed and stay packed. Plus, this scale version has much more open spacing than the real thing so the look is "off".

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....KL._SX679_.jpg

The tread on the second tire you linked to reminds me of the smaller Hyrax tire for some reason.
LiteBrite did a follow up video where they mention the tread spacing on some sizes is much more open (the 35s for example) so maybe that is what the scale version are based on?

I've been considering buying a set of the 35s for my 1:1 XJ but having a hard time pulling the trigger.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote