Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Anyone ever have problems?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2019, 04:57 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Anyone ever have problems?

Got new 1.9 flat irons, has anyone had any problems putting them on those eBay copy cat wheels?

Should i run those PL memory foams?

Thanks again gang.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2019, 05:14 PM   #2
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: Anyone ever have problems?

Lets see a pic of the wheels? Is it that you are losing the tire bead or just not able to get them screws to reach the threads? Some wheel designs are just tough to mount tires on in my experience.

I am not a foam expert, but your foam choice is gonna depend on vehicle weight and intended use.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:30 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Lets see a pic of the wheels? Is it that you are losing the tire bead or just not able to get them screws to reach the threads? Some wheel designs are just tough to mount tires on in my experience.

I am not a foam expert, but your foam choice is gonna depend on vehicle weight and intended use.
Foams i kinda figured that. I have only 1 pair of the lil novas, just don't have the money for another set. So i wanted to know if they are ok to run until i get the other foams, you know ?

Pics of the wheels

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2019, 05:32 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Ive just read on here(i think it was) that PL tires are a lil trouble, hope im wrong tho.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:55 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Yeah the bead on the Proline tires have a round inner edge (not square like it should be) that makes it tough to work with, but I've yet to find a wheel I wasn't able to eventually make work. It usually just takes perseverance, but not always.

So whats the specific problem you're having?
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:08 PM   #6
Slow is the new Fast

I have had some challenges mounting my Hyrax in the 4.75 OD, but I figure it was the width that was making it harder. Had no trouble with the class 1 version with the 4.19OD that are also much narrower.

I assume your beadlock rings are aesthetic and the centre bolts are what’s pulling the wheel together?

In that case, I find what works well is threading in two longer bolts opposite each other in the mounting holes once you have the bead in place. Work them in slowly until the bead is compressed just enough to start working the proper bolts in. Slowly sink the bolts in a bit at a time working your way around the wheel.

Hope this helps
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:15 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I have not used those exact wheels (or tires) but have used several sets of similar ebay wheels with a variety of Proline, Pitbull, and RC4WD tires and have not had a problem mounting any tires to them. With that said, I have not used the included Pro-Line memory foams on them.

The foams included are not the best, but they will definitely work.
Col_Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:14 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

a few drops of super glue on the inner ring helps the glue dosent hold very long on the aluminum rings but more than long enuff to mount the tires
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 07:46 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Yeah the bead on the Proline tires have a round inner edge (not square like it should be) that makes it tough to work with, but I've yet to find a wheel I wasn't able to eventually make work. It usually just takes perseverance, but not always.

So whats the specific problem you're having?

Just a lil intimidated with the tires , just want them to sit correctly, you know?
Old 04-08-2019, 07:51 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
I have had some challenges mounting my Hyrax in the 4.75 OD, but I figure it was the width that was making it harder. Had no trouble with the class 1 version with the 4.19OD that are also much narrower.

I assume your beadlock rings are aesthetic and the centre bolts are what’s pulling the wheel together?

In that case, I find what works well is threading in two longer bolts opposite each other in the mounting holes once you have the bead in place. Work them in slowly until the bead is compressed just enough to start working the proper bolts in. Slowly sink the bolts in a bit at a time working your way around the wheel.

Hope this helps
Everything lil bit helps.

They use this kind of hubs(think thats what they are called) only 5 screws hold the wheels together and they are in the back of the rim.

Old 04-08-2019, 07:53 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
I have not used those exact wheels (or tires) but have used several sets of similar ebay wheels with a variety of Proline, Pitbull, and RC4WD tires and have not had a problem mounting any tires to them. With that said, I have not used the included Pro-Line memory foams on them.

The foams included are not the best, but they will definitely work.

Thanks, that's good to know that they are not that problematic.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:55 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
a few drops of super glue on the inner ring helps the glue dosent hold very long on the aluminum rings but more than long enuff to mount the tires

Super glue you don't say, if all fails(hopefully not) then ill have to try this. Thanks for that pointer.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:32 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I couldn't get my flat irons to fit some eBay beads I liked the look of so cut my losses and sold them on for a loss of about £5 and bought some SSD which are immense and a breeze to build up.
I probably don't have enough patience as I've read other people managing to force prolines on though. Good luck with it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:11 PM   #14
RCC Addict

I was going to put Flatirons on these wheels , but i couldn't for the simple fact that those hubs don't come off,

so bought these, with the hubs that i can remove , the FI look nice on these wheels

Tires went on easy with no problems at all .

Agian, Many thanks guys !

Old 04-19-2019, 11:18 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

So you sold the first set of wheels or the ones with the Duratrax tires mounted on them? Bought the black ebay wheels and got it all mounted? What foams did you use for now and what are you going to buy later?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:51 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
So you sold the first set of wheels or the ones with the Duratrax tires mounted on them? Bought the black ebay wheels and got it all mounted? What foams did you use for now and what are you going to buy later?

LOL....... The showdowns were mounted on the blue ring wheels(still have them) , bought the black wheels with the blue rings, but the hubs won't bolt up to them, bought the all black wheels the hubs bolt up to those, so the showdowns on the blue ring/black wheel and the FIs on the all black.

CI lil dueces 4.75

Anyone ever have problems? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just went out to the track for the FIRST TIME. Problems Problems Problems flyingrc Non Crawler RC's 4 07-23-2012 10:19 PM
rx TX problems.... snow4664 Axial SCX-10 0 03-06-2012 03:18 PM
Problems problems problems hope it's worth it in the end TJcreeperJEEP Venom Creeper 9 12-22-2009 04:54 PM
Problems....... 4DIGG Newbie General 5 11-07-2009 07:21 AM
Having problems derwood21 Electronics 6 03-31-2008 01:55 PM