Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Proline tsl sx super swampers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2019, 12:47 PM   #1

Default Proline tsl sx super swampers

Hi

I'm looking for new tyres for my scx10 II with 1.9 wheels and can't decide if I should go with the standard size or the xl or maybe a totally different tire.

I drive my scx10 II alot on trails but also on stone surface along the coastlines in south Sweden where I feel that my current oem tyres have to hard compound and doesn't provide enough grip compared to my friends cars.

Last edited by kozmos; 05-15-2019 at 12:50 PM.
kozmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Proline tsl sx super swampers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmos View Post
Hi

I'm looking for new tyres for my scx10 II with 1.9 wheels and can't decide if I should go with the standard size or the xl or maybe a totally different tire.

I drive my scx10 II alot on trails but also on stone along the coastlines in south Sweden where I feel that my current oem tyres have to hard compound and doesn't provide enough grip compared to my friends cars.

I got a set of 4new traxxas canyon trail tires for 17usd con eBay. Really good for the money and much better than the stock ones. They even compete with my friend’s prolines and we drive very tough trails down here in south america.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Mr. Crawley EC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:10 PM   #3

Definitely gonna check those out and what they cost here in Sweden.
It has become expensive for us Sweds to buy outside Europe because they got alot more strict with customs and postal fees from first "Swedish krona" last year
Old 05-15-2019, 11:43 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Size all depends on body imo....

I run the smaller ones on my Honcho...

perfect size...

My Bronco on the other hand, got 2.2's

I find Proline Tsl's are some of the most diverse tires you can own. they may not be the best at any one thing, but they do very well in all conditions.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:44 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Get the 1.9 xls. They won't rub anything and will fit good on your SCX10 ii. The Traxxas Canyons are an XL tire too just FYI
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme4x2 View Post
Get the 1.9 xls. They won't rub anything and will fit good on your SCX10 ii. The Traxxas Canyons are an XL tire too just FYI
Well I'm mostly afraid that they will look too big but I have never seen them in real life so I don't really know.

The only thing I do know is that I really don't dig monstertrucks and ridiculous jacked up mudders :P
Old 05-21-2019, 07:22 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

What body are you running?

The body often makes the desision for me.....

The Honcho came with 4.7" tall tires stock, I thought they were way too big so I threw my 4.3" Tsl's under it and love it.

I have a J concepts body (F150) that uncut looked great with 4.3" tires, but now that the fenders are cut, the smalll tires look silly. So 4.75" tires for the win.

Last edited by lonleycreeper; 05-21-2019 at 07:25 AM.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:13 AM   #8

Thanks for all replies, I decided that I need two sets of wheels but I will start with PL superswamper xl which I have already bought.

Currently Im running stock xj body but i want a few more so why not get two sets of wheels
Old 05-23-2019, 03:10 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Crawley EC View Post
I got a set of 4new traxxas canyon trail tires for 17usd con eBay. Really good for the money and much better than the stock ones. They even compete with my friend’s prolines and we drive very tough trails down here in south america.
They are ok, but side by side the Pro-Lines get better traction ime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonleycreeper View Post
Size all depends on body imo....I run the smaller ones on my Honcho...

I find Proline Tsl's are some of the most diverse tires you can own. they may not be the best at any one thing, but they do very well in all conditions.
Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmos View Post
Thanks for all replies, I decided that I need two sets of wheels but I will start with PL superswamper xl which I have already bought.

Currently Im running stock xj body but i want a few more so why not get two sets of wheels
Agree, two (or more) sets of wheels/tires is nice!

Edit: As Hobbyjumper said, I completely agree, "Traxxas Canyon Trails....Superb tires but visually just too big and fat."

I went with ProLine BFG Krawlers 4.75" tall on my TRX-4 Defender, normally I prefer a bit smaller tire.

Last edited by Natedog; 05-23-2019 at 03:12 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 03:16 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I know you already bought your tires, but here is 1.9 non-XL vs 1.9 XL on the same XJ rig. Non-XL are visibly smaller. You'll have to choose your lines a lot better, but I like them. XLs worked great too, but I moved them to a bigger truck.

1.9 Pitbull Rock Beast non-XL w/stock Pitbull foams

1.9 XL Pro-line Super Swampers w/pro-line 2 stage foams
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:12 AM   #11
RCC Addict

The new 'predator' compound is really super soft. My TSL's in that version just shredded. Got the KM3's, much better and likely the best performing tire I've tried yet out of dozens.

That said my favorite is still the non-XL PitBull RockBeast. They're 4.45" tall and perfect for normal 1.9 rigs/bodies. Grip like a mutha too. I have the XL's too, but they are REALLY big tires, at least as balloonie as the TRX canyons. Yes, have all those tires.

OP already bought tires?

These rigs all have the RB non-xl, I think they call them 'sx' or 'scaler' size. And a little bigger than classs-1's at 4.19 which I find scale looking but you lose too much ground clearance IMO:

Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote