Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: are cheap chinese tire getting better

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default are cheap chinese tire getting better

i have alternitive uses for these cheap chinese tires but im noticing the last few sets seem way more sticky are these tires getting better or is that just hopefull thinking the few sets i ran on a crawler seemed good at first allso but quickly lost there grip im thinking im gona run a set for a while and see what happens
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2019, 11:43 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: are cheap chinese tire getting better

If you're buying them for other uses too it's not like you have anything to lose trying them out. Maybe pick up a set or two and do some comparisons with the tires as they come and then with some CI foams against a set of name brand tires the same way.

I've almost bought a set of China wheels and tires just for the wheels. I would have tried them out but never ended up buying any.
struhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:43 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

so after a little bit of run time it looks like theres a thin layer of sticky rubber coating on the outside of the tire about .5mm that layer is pulling away from the base rubber
that would explain the super sticky feel out of the packadge and why they work realy good for a few runs then suck boots im gona see how far i fan ware them down just for the fun of it however the size fits th3 gen 8 perfictly

Last edited by ferp420; 05-28-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:07 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Do a search on Simple Green. I've seen it before and something about how it softens tires and makes them better. I've never done it so I can't say it works but I remember seeing it before.
struhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 10:15 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by struhall View Post
Do a search on Simple Green. I've seen it before and something about how it softens tires and makes them better. I've never done it so I can't say it works but I remember seeing it before.

i tryed that ive tryed almost every method of softening tires and i havent found anything that works however the simple green dose restore the clean and sticky surface the tire comes with basicly just washes off any oil and dirt on the tires ive run these before and although they dont have the grip of high quality tires there very predictable over different terain and they look good on my g8 so ill run them for a while and see how fast i can turn them in to slicks before i pull them and use them for there original purpose
Old 06-03-2019, 11:14 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Spray Nine multipurpose cleaner seems to work to make new tires stickier, almost like a pre-breakin procedure. Someone said it does a good job of removing any of the residual release agent used in the tire mold. I've tried it and it seems to work for a short time and then it needs to be sprayed on again. I was thinking it might be because the tires pick up dust and debris as they are used and the cleaner removes all this so you're back to the "sticky" rubber again. Haven't tested any other cleaners to see if anything else has the same effect but you would think anything that cleans back down to the base rubber would work.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:39 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

lol ya thats about it once you hit dirt your tires are back to being covered with dirt the best you can hope for is the rock cuts through the dirt

are cheap chinese tire getting better - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cheap Chinese ESCs Alteredgasser57 Electronics 24 03-25-2019 06:06 AM
Cheap Chinese beadlock problems lasllcap@gmail.com Tires and Wheels 9 07-15-2018 09:36 PM
cheap chinese 6x6 CM9000 Chit Chat 9 06-06-2016 06:28 PM
A cheap sticky tire? RevChuck Tires and Wheels 2 12-05-2004 02:19 PM