RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/)
-   -   Pit bull at it again, Kronik ! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/609399-pit-bull-again-kronik.html)

Frank211 06-11-2019 11:21 AM

Pit bull at it again, Kronik !

Shocks from pit bull rchttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...920183cea8.jpg

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

neilus 06-11-2019 12:00 PM

Re: Pit bull at it again, Kronik !

$180 for 4 shocks !!!

indybama 06-11-2019 05:20 PM

Crazy aint it?

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Killa-Cotton 06-11-2019 06:17 PM

I love PB products but this one I just can't support. $180 for a set of $90 shocks is ridiculous. You can buy a set of Kyosho Velvet shocks for $180 and I know the PB's aren't better than those.

GTSLOW 06-12-2019 08:49 AM

* Black Anodized Aluminum Shock Cap with Hard Anodized Aluminum Pivot Ball (Eyelet)
* Hard Anodized Aluminum Threaded Shock Body
* Black Anodized Aluminum Threaded Pre-Load Adjuster
* Black Anodized Aluminum Lower Seal Retainer
* Dual Rate & Single Rate Springs Included
* SUPER SEAL TECHNOLOGY - Four Internal Shock Shaft Seals. Sick of your Shocks leaking? Yeah...us too...so we took care of that issue. You're welcome!
* ON THE FLY TECHNOLOGY - Adjustable Spring Collars. No more having to unscrew the Lower Seal Retainer to change your Dual Springs to Single!!!
* 3.5mm Shock Shaft
* Black Anodized Aluminum Lower Rod End with Hard Anodized Aluminum Pivot Ball (Eyelet)
* May want to use Thread Lock on the Rod Ends to lock the threads

I really do like PB stuff. I've ran many different tires of theirs over the years. But this stuff is just silly. They throw the game changer hashtag out there yet these look like just about every other shock on the market. The price, well there's nothing else to say about that.

THEPITBULL 06-12-2019 10:42 AM

Ok gentlemen...they are out there now. Price is high...check. Has anyone yet used them to test them versus just looking at pictures and making an assessment?

As for #gamechanger...if you're basing it on looks...not much difference from one shock to another. If you're basing it on utility and function...who would like to be the first 5 people to test them and post reviews?

Frank211 06-12-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEPITBULL (Post 5942566)
Ok gentlemen...they are out there now. Price is high...check. Has anyone yet used them to test them versus just looking at pictures and making an assessment?

As for #gamechanger...if you're basing it on looks...not much difference from one shock to another. If you're basing it on utility and function...who would like to be the first 5 people to test them and post reviews?

Sign me up ! 8)

svt923 06-12-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

I will deliver only the finest, factual based reviews ever constructed without any exaggeration in any form whatsoever. :mrgreen:

soze 06-12-2019 11:33 AM

I probably will never own these (I just can't justify that much on shocks), but I would be interested in seeing how they perform when guys test them out.

Killa-Cotton 06-12-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

If you were serious about sending out a few set of shocks to review that would be cool. I'll test a set.

Col_Sanders 06-12-2019 11:36 AM

They look nice, but that price is going to be hard for most of us to justify. Then again, most scale shocks suck so if these actually hold oil, the shafts don't bend, and there are some available spring rates, they might sell.

I'm always down to test anything. The DravTechs on my Power Wagon Truggy look out of place.

HumboldtEF 06-12-2019 12:03 PM

A few points that stood out to me was the 3 years in R&D and the mention of Four Internal Shock Shaft Seals. 4 seals seems like overkill but maybe they work well IDK.

I'm at least curious to hear how these work though the price is a bit off putting.

Will there be different springs available so we can fine tune these?

LSXGMC 06-12-2019 12:20 PM

Quote:

I'd love to do a review on these. I've run a number of different shocks and would be happy to share my thoughts on these.

Thanks for the opportunity!

JohnRobHolmes 06-12-2019 03:06 PM

I would be willing to review and throw it up on the youtube as well.

xtreme4x2 06-12-2019 03:21 PM

I'm not a good candidate for testing and reviewing these.

CM9000 06-12-2019 08:00 PM

I just got some traxxas big bores settled on my super losi.. with that being said, they can disappear for a bit if you want to send a set of 4 my way. 2 of them would need to be 110-120mm. My rears are kinda long.

DRTMI 06-12-2019 11:18 PM

Hell I'd review a set if your donating them to the reviewer.

brian.brigg 06-12-2019 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes (Post 5942631)
I would be willing to review and throw it up on the youtube as well.

Plus one vote for John Rob Holmes.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

JatoTheRipper 06-13-2019 06:12 AM

Quote:

How are they different?

I'd love to review them and post my findings! "thumbsup"

rkj__ 06-13-2019 06:18 AM

It's always good to have options I guess.