Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: INJORA 1.9 beadlock wheels from Amazon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2019, 04:21 AM   #21
SSD
RCC Addict

Default Re: INJORA 1.9 beadlock wheels from Amazon

Cheap wheels will be sloppy with big (0.1mm) tolerance gaps in places. The hubs will unlikely to be able to sit in these wheels centered also.
That's why they are so cheap, they are basically junk.
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2019, 06:48 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

i have several sets of chineese wheels i got them before injora came around they were sold under differant names so that leads me to belive injora is just a distributer and not the manufacturer that and theres usualy another name on the product

they dont have any slop between the hex and the wheels but i run clamping hexs with out the clamp bolt the hexs are a press fit in to the wheels and need to be taped out to change them and they still sit good on the pins

i never noticed them being off center in any way but even if they are there still leaps and bounds better than stock plastic wheels especialy axial wheels on a gofast rig i could see that being a problem but on a crawler its kinda a mute point

Last edited by ferp420; 10-17-2019 at 06:51 AM.
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:15 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
Cheap wheels will be sloppy with big (0.1mm) tolerance gaps in places. The hubs will unlikely to be able to sit in these wheels centered also.
That's why they are so cheap, they are basically junk.
The centering on the hub is perfect. My slop is coming from my Axial aluminum hex measuring 11.6 mm. And they don't wobble like my steel SSD beadlocks so that's a plus.
Ro@dkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:59 PM   #24
RCC Addict

I haven't really noticed any tolerance issues with them, and you figure the problems should be minimal since Vanquish already did the legwork.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:00 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
I haven't really noticed any tolerance issues with them, and you figure the problems should be minimal since Vanquish already did the legwork.
And that’s where my issue comes in. I didn’t know about the Vanquish version when I bought mine. The look to be a direct rip off of their hard work.
Ro@dkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:28 PM   #26

Anyone know who makes hex bolts to replace ones that came on my 1.9 beadlocks that were chinese made off ebay?, the hex heads stripped on a few...the bolt is the similar size to my vanquish wheels ring bolts, but the thread pitch is different...so If anyone knows of some strong replacements, that would be very cool! Thanks Feller's! ;o) the vanq's are a 4/40x1/4...
PorcupineBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:02 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorcupineBob View Post
Anyone know who makes hex bolts to replace ones that came on my 1.9 beadlocks that were chinese made off ebay?, the hex heads stripped on a few...the bolt is the similar size to my vanquish wheels ring bolts, but the thread pitch is different...so If anyone knows of some strong replacements, that would be very cool! Thanks Feller's! ;o) the vanq's are a 4/40x1/4...
The Chinese wheels use all metric hardware. They use M2.5 (if I recall) hardware to attach the center hubs, M2 hardware to attach the beadlock rings, and in cases where the wheels themselves are 2-piece wheels, I think those usually use M3 hardware to attach the pieces.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:28 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

I'm using the Injora (Amazon) 1.9" Wheels and have no issues. Running Prol-line Hyrax tires.

The hubs look like standard SLW style, but I have no way to check them.

What I'm wondering is if the Vanquish (or similar) Brass weights will work?
itr1275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:34 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by itr1275 View Post
I'm using the Injora (Amazon) 1.9" Wheels and have no issues. Running Prol-line Hyrax tires.

The hubs look like standard SLW style, but I have no way to check them.

What I'm wondering is if the Vanquish (or similar) Brass weights will work?
There is my Injora wheels and Vanquish Brass Ring
https://ibb.co/RgXxnD2

Side by Side
https://ibb.co/Gt93qg8

Original Injora
https://ibb.co/BNG8fTK
morocho1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:18 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Any tires that are known to not fit well on these?

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:16 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87lc2 View Post
I've bought many Injora aluminum beadlocks from Amazon and never had an issue, I think they're really nice. Even the hardware is decent. They also have some nice tires available that are good value for your money.
I am thinking of buying a set and I see they include the tires at times, would you care for a link of the tires you tried? Thanks!
ovidiugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 06:21 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

I have tried the TRX-4 tires, they went on perfectly, zero issues. I currently have some RC4WD Iroks and they took some effort to get seated but doable. I would assume that Pro-lines would go on easily as well...

Lou
Old 03-12-2021, 06:35 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
I have tried the TRX-4 tires, they went on perfectly, zero issues. I currently have some RC4WD Iroks and they took some effort to get seated but doable. I would assume that Pro-lines would go on easily as well...

Lou

I can testify that fitting 1.9 Proline Boggers on an Injora bead lock will make you learn new cuss words and question your faith in humanity....for like the first 2, then you realize how to use your 3rd hand.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 07:48 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildirt View Post
I can testify that fitting 1.9 Proline Boggers on an Injora bead lock will make you learn new cuss words and question your faith in humanity....for like the first 2, then you realize how to use your 3rd hand.

Bahahaha! Noted.

Where do you wheel in Jville? My mom lives on the NW side not too far from the airport. I get down there a couple times a year, mostly to chase redfish...

Lou
Old 03-12-2021, 08:00 AM   #35
Slow is the new Fast

The difficulty in mounting the tires has more to do with the wheel design than the manufacturer. Both Injora and RC4WD have a beadlock wheel design that is a headache to mount some tire beads onto. The design of the wheel lip in both challenging cases is similar. That said, these companies also have some wheels that take a tire bead much easier.

I now know which wheels to avoid. Both are steelies that do not have a beadlock ring

Last edited by smog; 03-12-2021 at 08:02 AM.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 08:33 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
Bahahaha! Noted.

Where do you wheel in Jville? My mom lives on the NW side not too far from the airport. I get down there a couple times a year, mostly to chase redfish...

Lou

We are more trailers than crawlers, if I do hit rocks it is either at the jetties or down in the Mayport area near the ferry slips.

We like hiking/mild crawling so do a lot of Guana State Park, a local area called Dutton Island, and Hannah Park but you have to time that one right because sometimes it's overloaded with mountain bikers. In fact we do so much trailing versus crawling I debated losing the OD gearing in my Trailwalker but too lazy to take it apart lol.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 09:17 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

Sweet action, next time I'm down I'll reach out. Worst case, we hit the Mayport fish market for lunch

Lou
Old 03-29-2021, 02:36 PM   #38

I just got a set of Injora wheels for my trx 4 I am building.
I would LUV to buy USA made parts but I think like in my Fly Fishing Passion Hobby, Most everything now is sub manufactured out to the cheapest bidding MFG. I have not Seen to much in the RC hobby stating manufactured in the USA! But I can say I know of some hefty priced fly reels that are made in china that carry big time brand names on them now! even Fly Rods!

So how much of what everyone buys here for there rigs with brand names are made in china or where ever? If it does not say made in the USA? where are they made?

I think IMOP that a china MFG. makes ( Brand name here) Wheels or parts or whet ever is being MFG to the Specs ordered but then turn around and design and build there own. Why not! A change here and there slap a brand name of there own?

Food chains do this all the time! There is a vegetable cannery in Salem Or. that makes Santiam vegetables but then also out of the same plant makes safeway brand albertsons and others they just use a different can and slap on the safeway or who ever name on the can

Made in Taiwan? that is china

I am not trying to start an argument or a fight or name calling
just trying to say not much of what we buy is not made in the USA no more
Bill F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 02:55 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill F View Post
I just got a set of Injora wheels for my trx 4 I am building.
I would LUV to buy USA made parts but I think like in my Fly Fishing Passion Hobby, Most everything now is sub manufactured out to the cheapest bidding MFG. I have not Seen to much in the RC hobby stating manufactured in the USA! But I can say I know of some hefty priced fly reels that are made in china that carry big time brand names on them now! even Fly Rods!

So how much of what everyone buys here for there rigs with brand names are made in china or where ever? If it does not say made in the USA? where are they made?

I think IMOP that a china MFG. makes ( Brand name here) Wheels or parts or whet ever is being MFG to the Specs ordered but then turn around and design and build there own. Why not! A change here and there slap a brand name of there own?

Food chains do this all the time! There is a vegetable cannery in Salem Or. that makes Santiam vegetables but then also out of the same plant makes safeway brand albertsons and others they just use a different can and slap on the safeway or who ever name on the can

Made in Taiwan? that is china

I am not trying to start an argument or a fight or name calling
just trying to say not much of what we buy is not made in the USA no more

Fellow fly fisherman here

I picked up a set of these Chanquish wheels, Pitt Bull Growler A/T mounted up like a boss.

Lou
Old 03-29-2021, 03:55 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

i have had success with a couple of sets of these wheels. i am sure the fit and finish on the vanquish is fantastic but i cant justify to spend close 200 on a set of wheels and tires for my toy trucks.
Speedy-Triple is offline   Reply With Quote

INJORA 1.9 beadlock wheels from Amazon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Injora hard body on TRX-4 kit olafk Traxxas TRX-4 4 01-02-2019 09:56 PM
Has anyone tried injora WHEELS? Neil2704 Tires and Wheels 9 01-06-2018 06:15 PM
Has anyone tried injora WHEELS? Neil2704 Newbie General 7 01-03-2018 04:56 AM