RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/)
-   -   Need wheels for proline boggers 1.9 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/612349-need-wheels-proline-boggers-1-9-a.html)

yotadude77 10-10-2019 05:12 PM

Need wheels for proline boggers 1.9

Bought a set of 1.9 SSD metal internal bead lock wheels for some other tires but was curious about putting them on some 1.9 proline boggers I have and I could not get them to seat! My only guess is the internal ring is not tall enough..they came premounted on plastic wheels but I broke the hex mounts. I want to get some new wheels for the tires but I want wheels that work! Metal wheels would be best...any advice?

durok 10-10-2019 06:49 PM

Re: Need wheels for proline boggers 1.9

What vehicle are they going on?

In some cases, the easiest solution is to stretch the tires on wheels that are the next size up - the Proline Boggers are a very tall tire and would look fine on 2.2" wheels, but you may find the wheels look out of scale compared to your vehicle...

I've noticed that Traxxas TRX-4 bodies tend to look perfectly OK with 2.2" wheels, but Vaterra Ascender bodies look better with 1.9" and even smaller wheels.

I've mounted 1.7" tires on 1.9" wheels, and 2 sets of 1.9" tires on 2.2" wheels with perfect results.

yotadude77 10-10-2019 07:47 PM

I have them on a traxxas trx4 sport...my son is running the truck...I bought the tires with the plastic wheels installed from proline but we cracked all the hex’s while rock crawling...I bought some of the new rc4wd siped boggers and some SSD eight hole metal beadlock wheels for it but I think we like the taller boggers....I have a honcho coming in the mail so the boggers will probably end up there haha...but I thought I would try to mount one of the proline boggers on my SSD wheels but I just can’t get the two half’s of the wheel to compress enough on the inner steel ring...I put the old plastic one from the proline wheels in and they would snug up but arnt tight enough and the tire slips in the wheel...should these tires mount on the SSD wheels??? I love the wheels! Could my tires just be stretched out? Haha I really don’t know!

yotadude77 10-10-2019 07:48 PM

The wheels are 1.9 and the proline boggers are 1.9, so everything should work!!! Maybe...

lonleycreeper 10-11-2019 09:27 PM

Proline tires are difficult at best to mount on internal beadlock rims. I tried every method I could think of to get the boggers mounted on my Rc4wd deep dish rims. No success. I ended up buying Locked Up Rc's beadlocks.

Rc4wd and Ssd sell internal rings specifically for proline tires.

SSD 10-12-2019 04:32 AM

I'm assuming you are disassembling the wheels and putting the ring in the tire then reassembling the wheels right ?

If you are having trouble putting the wheel back together then longer screws (m2.5 x 12) can help start the process. Then swap them out 1 by 1 when the wheels are assembled.

yotadude77 10-12-2019 06:03 AM

Yes, wheels are disassembled, metal ring inside tire...I’m might try snugging together with screws...I just really like the wheels and don’t want to strip a screw out haha!

Up'n'Over 10-18-2019 08:50 AM

I installed a set on some SSD steel wheels and didn't have much of a problem getting them to seat.

https://i.imgur.com/1vuEftR.jpg

yotadude77 10-18-2019 02:29 PM

Son of a gun! They look good! Thanks for showing me it’s possible haha

yotadude77 10-18-2019 08:39 PM

Well thanks for giving me the confidence...I’ll blame my shyness on lack of experience mounting tires...didn’t think I needed to apply as much pressure as I did to get the bead to set...but everything worked and I gained some more experience...

durok 10-18-2019 08:57 PM

Glad you got 'em mounted up!