Check these out from jconcepts
Landmines - 1.9" Performance Scaler Tire | JConcepts

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2019, 09:46 PM   #2
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: Landmines 1.9

I like what I see, are these new? They don't list the width for some reason.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:14 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Nice. I hope JConcepts starts coming out with more crawler tires.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:14 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Disturb my like for symmetry.

BUT ! i will take one more tyre choice every day, even if the brand are pretty hard to find in EU ville, and i am not paying for 8 tires to get 4 as i would if i ordered in the US.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:14 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Interesting?? Thoughts?

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2019, 05:22 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I don't think they're similar at all...

PB has lots of sipes - JC has none.

JC has some stepped blocks, some are interconnected, some have recesses - PB has none of those.

Neither have the tread designs I usually gravitate to - I tend to like licensed versions of designs I like in the first place as 1:1 tires.

But - if I had to pick, I prefer the JC tire because I like the combination of tricks being tried... and I like the sidewalls more.

I'd group the Hyrax in as competition for this tire as well, as it uses a combo of sipes and stepped blocks.

(and I'd still prefer this over the Hyrax, myself)

Actual performance? Who knows. That's got as much to do with rubber compound and terrain as anything else.

I'm not sure how I feel about copy-pasting snark from other social media platforms into this forum's tech posts. I know this isn't the first time, but I do cringe inwardly everytime I see it here. Maybe it could go in Chit-Chat... (?)
Attached Images

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:27 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
I don't think they're similar at all...

PB has lots of sipes - JC has none.

JC has some stepped blocks, some are interconnected, some have recesses - PB has none of those.

Neither have the tread designs I usually gravitate to - I tend to like licensed versions of designs I like in the first place as 1:1 tires.

But - if I had to pick, I prefer the JC tire because I like the combination of tricks being tried... and I like the sidewalls more.

I'd group the Hyrax in as competition for this tire as well, as it uses a combo of sipes and stepped blocks.

(and I'd still prefer this over the Hyrax, myself)

Actual performance? Who knows. That's got as much to do with rubber compound and terrain as anything else.

I'm not sure how I feel about copy-pasting snark from other social media platforms into this forum's tech posts. I know this isn't the first time, but I do cringe inwardly everytime I see it here. Maybe it could go in Chit-Chat... (?)

Yeah i thought about where to put it at,chit chat, don't know if i really wanted to start a new thread, when its here already, oh but i thought about it.
My bad if it was in the wrong place.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I see some minor resemblance but I dont see this as a copy at all.

I drew up a very crude picture of the pattern the tread blocks create, I think it shows how different they really are. The shaded area is the groups of lugs.
Pitbulls are sort of zig zaging while the Landmines are more of an alternating wedge shape.

I think posting the Social media pictures here was fine personally.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 11-06-2019 at 05:36 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Not trying to come down on ya, my man...

It's just all the talk of who's copying who can lead to less than productive threads.

I'd rather talk preferences, performance, and compatibility any day!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:02 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

They're both very similar in that they're round, black and made of rubber.

Personally, I like what I see in the J Concepts tire. I agree with durok in that it looks like they're really focused on trying a number of things with this Landmine. What it all adds up to in performance, who knows. If they come in at a competitive market price, I'd definitely be willing to give them a go. It's never a bad thing when we as tiny truck enthusiasts get more options in anything related to our sickness. It confounds me the pessimistic and often dismissive attitudes I see on Social Media regarding certain brands, manufacturers and offerings within our hobby.

Full disclosure, I LOVE my 1.9 Rock Beasts. I'd be interested in doing a back to back comparo of the two on the same rig, same course, same weather, same day, blah,blah,blah. J Concepts, if you'd like to send me a set for a full performance review here on RCC, DM me for my address. (P.S. - I love stickers!)
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:48 AM   #11
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
They're both very similar in that they're round, black and made of rubber.

Personally, I like what I see in the J Concepts tire. I agree with durok in that it looks like they're really focused on trying a number of things with this Landmine. What it all adds up to in performance, who knows. If they come in at a competitive market price, I'd definitely be willing to give them a go. It's never a bad thing when we as tiny truck enthusiasts get more options in anything related to our sickness. It confounds me the pessimistic and often dismissive attitudes I see on Social Media regarding certain brands, manufacturers and offerings within our hobby.

Full disclosure, I LOVE my 1.9 Rock Beasts. I'd be interested in doing a back to back comparo of the two on the same rig, same course, same weather, same day, blah,blah,blah. J Concepts, if you'd like to send me a set for a full performance review here on RCC, DM me for my address. (P.S. - I love stickers!)
Good luck with your campaign mewalsh. If it bears fruit, put in a good word for me. I like the look of these tires and free stuff is okay too...

I generally find open tread designs work well in the mixed conditions I play in around here. I am going to give these a go if I can get my hands on a set.

If someone comes up with a width on these please post it up. I can’t seem to dig it out.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:49 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I heard the Ruptures were great performers, so I got a 1.9 set. The only problem is they're pretty big and the tread doesn't look very scale-ish to look right on my trucks, so I haven't use it yet. It looks more like a tire that I'd use on the GMADE R1 or similar. (which is what I'm doing).

These Landmines are much better looking and look plausible on a scale truck and if they work as good as the Ruptures are said to work then that's great! I'm all for more tire options!
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 11:20 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Good luck with your campaign mewalsh. If it bears fruit, put in a good word for me. I like the look of these tires and free stuff is okay too...

I generally find open tread designs work well in the mixed conditions I play in around here. I am going to give these a go if I can get my hands on a set.

If someone comes up with a width on these please post it up. I can’t seem to dig it out.

Yeah, I'm not holding out hope smog!
Old 11-07-2019, 11:25 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

120mm | 4.72” overall size without insert

As smog pointed out, no width listed. But, $24 a set is pretty darn reasonable!
Old 11-07-2019, 11:32 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Once released, I just might give them a try. I initially installed Put Bull Growlers on my Capra, and was considering switching to Hyrax...but, I might give these a shot.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:05 PM   #16
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
120mm | 4.72” overall size without insert

As smog pointed out, no width listed. But, $24 a set is pretty darn reasonable!
Right!? I had them in my cart earlier to price out shipping. I may yet order these today but really want to know the width. I don't want any more wide-ass tires
Old 11-07-2019, 01:42 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Just got off the phone with them, and have the info. "Interesting" thing is, they didn't even have that info entered into their system yet. Someone had to, literally, go measure them. Anyway, at the tread, the tire width is 43mm, or 1.7". Not exactly "wide", but also not "skinny" (not 'Papa Bear', not 'Mama Bear'...more like 'Baby bear').

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:52 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for calling them @Panther6834

I'd call that wide, typical width seems to be around 1 1/2" where the Landmines are closer to 1 3/4". At least they aren't super wide though.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:05 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Just ordered them, so I will compare when they come in.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 02:16 PM   #20
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Just got off the phone with them, and have the info. "Interesting" thing is, they didn't even have that info entered into their system yet. Someone had to, literally, go measure them. Anyway, at the tread, the tire width is 43mm, or 1.7". Not exactly "wide", but also not "skinny" (not 'Papa Bear', not 'Mama Bear'...more like 'Baby bear').

Superb, thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Thanks for calling them @Panther6834

I'd call that wide, typical width seems to be around 1 1/2" where the Landmines are closer to 1 3/4". At least they aren't super wide though.
1.5 is the sweet spot for my taste. From the pic they don't look wider than 1.5, but as it goes, pictures are often deceiving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Just ordered them, so I will compare when they come in.
Cool, thank you.