Notices

Thread: D-Lux makin tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2020, 06:43 PM   #21
Custom Carbon Fiber

Default Re: D-Lux makin tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
It'll be interesting to see if HPI cares. They seem to have a much bigger problem of just staying alive right now though.

What I meant is, doesn't he think an all new design could offer better performance than this old design that he borrowed from?

Are Rovers still dominating the competition?
The design has always worked, he just made them the way we have always modded them. Now drivers can glue and go instead of working on their tires like we use to.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2020, 07:08 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I have to say this is pretty sweet! I'm not a huge fan of the tread pattern or the website on the side wall but I'm definitely picking up a set soon. I always wondered when someone would step up and make a new comp tire. Specifically going with a size thats similar to how most modded their tires anyway.

Once he's got his foot in the door making tires maybe their will be some all new designs down the road, who knows.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:31 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Anyone have them yet?
hotrodsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:45 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Yep. They just might be ok.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 03:55 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Yep. They just might be ok.

What foams did you go with? and how does the compound feel?

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 01-31-2020 at 04:00 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:54 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
What foams did you go with? and how does the compound feel?
I modified crawler innovations foams IMO they were to wide.
front standard CC comp cut front inner soft outers foams.
Rear CC standard inner medium outers.

But last light reordered new crawler innovations foams same as above but narrow version.

I put a battery pack though the tires today but until I install new foams and test them I'm not sure they are the next best thing in comp crawling. But I'll say the tire compound feels REALLY good. I'm looking forward to getting my foam set up correctly and more packs on the tires.
Next weekend i have a local comp I'll be running my regular white dot Rovers next weekend. Maybe??

Last edited by tapped-out; 02-01-2020 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:11 PM   #27
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

To the people that are so called calling out Dlux Fab for a copied tire, how come non of you ever cried foul when JConcepts copied both the rover and sedona into one to create there tire. At least Dlux Fab has been progressing the RC Rock Crawling hobby since his entry as a vendor. JConcepts never did shit for our hobby and you hypocrites still ran those tires and never said a word. Why y'all being hard on Dlux Fab???
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:14 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
To the people that are so called calling out Dlux Fab for a copied tire, how come non of you ever cried foul when JConcepts copied both the rover and sedona into one to create there tire. At least Dlux Fab has been progressing the RC Rock Crawling hobby since his entry as a vendor. JConcepts never did shit for our hobby and you hypocrites still ran those tires and never said a word. Why y'all being hard on Dlux Fab???
Hey Nova Eddie.. what your opinion on foams with dluxfab tires?
I just order new from you last night..

Old 02-01-2020, 07:25 PM   #29
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Hey Nova Eddie.. what your opinion on foams with dluxfab tires?
I just order new from you last night..

We have two sets.

Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers met today and they were run.

Set 1:
1" 6 Bolt Wheels
CWR-3201 dual stage inner set
CWR-1087 5.0/5.25 Soft Outer/ no tuning ring

Set 2
1.50" 6 Bolt Wheels
CWR-3201 dual stage inner set
CWR-1087 5.0/5.25" Soft Outer/ no tuning ring
CWR-3015 4.50" Tuning Disc Set, one disc on the outside of each foam

#crawlerinnovations #activatedoutlaw #dluxfab #doubledeucefoams #rccrawler
Old 02-01-2020, 07:53 PM   #30

Default D-Lux makin tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Not sure if this was directed at me, but I was just questioning why they didn't develop a new tread pattern. At this point, I don't think anybody cares that they copied an ancient tread pattern. It's just not really an innovation. It's an evolution of something else.

JConcepts makes tires and bodies for scalers. What do you want them to do for scale rock crawling? They make products for it. That's enough for me. That's supporting this niche in my opinion.

I'm not sure if they sponsor scaler events, but I don't GAF if they do or don't. Competitions don't keep this hobby going. The average person that builds, runs and builds some more is what keeps it going.

Assuming you meant sponsoring RC events, I'll defend JConcepts from your attack because they do TONS for the RC hobby overall. Jason Ruona is as passionate about RC as anybody! JConcepts is all over the racing scene. They're also all over the RC monster truck scene. Maybe they prefer to sponsor those events over crawling and scaling? So what! In fact, I bet they do more for RC than you and your company so I wouldn't be calling them out until you do more for RC than they do.

There was no need for your rant. I questioned the choice of tread pattern not Jason or anybody else at JConcepts. And then you go attacking that company for no reason. I thought you vendors wanted RC manufacturers to support each other instead of bash each other.

Last edited by JatoTheRipper; 02-01-2020 at 08:02 PM.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:05 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Jeezuz jato just shut it already.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 06:35 AM   #32
Hal
Quarry Creeper

I for one think it's about time someone came up with a tire that works right outa the box. Get the foams dialed in and run 'em. I have so many hours cutting, shaving and siping I don't want to think about it. If these are like white dots I'll be getting 3 sets when they are available.
As far as J Concepts goes.... they are what they are. Their tires may be good but not for me. Too tall and too wide although they do have good compound. At some point I may do a cut job on them but it will have to wait if these tires are what I'm hoping they are.
The tread pattern works for me. I understand how to tune it, so why have to figure it out all over again.
I really hope HPI doesn't see them as a problem because they really don't have a good supply system in place. I can never find their tires anywhere. When I do it's cut, shave, sipe all over again. I feel these are different enough there should be no problem. If they are that upset they are the ones that should be innovative to stay out front. Do they really look to see what we are doing with their tires? I think the old addage still runs true to this, What Wins on Sunday Sells on Monday. If you want to sell more tires MAKE THEM AVAILABLE and make them what we want!
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 01:44 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Talk to us about the compound? what would you compare it too?
Old 02-02-2020, 02:53 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

It will be great to buy a tire that's ready to run without modification. It might even mean VooDoo offers a narrow pin from the factory, who knows but I'm happy to see a ready to run option. Way to go Erik. ...
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:44 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Got to look and feel these over the weekend at a test and tune. I was interested before seeing them and being able to really check them out has NAILED it down for me. i WILL be running theses tires as soon as the hobby budget allows!!!!
I am no expert, the carcass is soft and supple and the compound in IMO is right where it should be. Softer then HBI white, thinking more on par with the latest from RC4WD or proline.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:01 AM   #36

Did anybody get an experience with the tires so far?
How are they behaving compared to your other tires?

They are available in Europa since last week and I am still waiting for my glue-on wheels (copied Dravtech tri-blade cyclone style) to arrive.

The only thing I could do so far was to cut away the beadlock wall that I do not use with the glue.
And yes, the compound is very soft.
But it is also sensitive to tearing if there is a notch present to start from (in this case from the cutting).

So I will definitely stand back from making ventilation holes in the tire and will make them in the foams instead, so ventilation goes to the inside of the wheel.
frank michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 02:11 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

So any negative feedback on these new tires or are the all sunshine and Rainbows?
Old 03-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #38
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
So any negative feedback on these new tires or are the all sunshine and Rainbows?

I'll step forward... these tires were run yesterday by multiple drivers at our First Saturday of the month, Activated Outlaw Get Together:

Score Sheet that will be used:

I have to report honestly and there was disappointment. There were several times when the tires were placed on the correct line, and they flat out did not grab and go. Custom tires, white dot rovers, and gold voodoo pins had no issues.

Dlux has always been honest that he prefers firmer rubber, his favorite tire was the Blue Dot Rover, which is a tire compound that never worked well in East Texas. That showed up yesterday with this tire just flat spinning trying to find its own way instead of driving the line.

The natural rock in East Texas is Iron Ore/sand stone, so this rock is already a challenge, because the rock will have traction for the first few competitors and then seems to get slick. The temperature varied yesterday between 60-70*F. I wonder if this tire will work better in the Texas heat, since the rocks will be warmer and so would the tire.

Gavin was very disappointed. Gavin had grooved two of his Dlux tires prior to the comp in the hope of softening them up, which it did. That pair of tires performed better than the stock pair, but were still behind in performance compared to the other tires already mentioned. Gavin's plan is too continue to groove the tire, shave the sidewalls, and treat them with tire prep to attempt to soften them.

Your results may very, depending on the terrain, temperature, driver input, and quality of rig built.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:40 AM   #39

Thank you for sharing your insights!
frank michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:48 AM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I'm admittedly not a comp guy so maybe I'm missing something. He couldn't come up with a new tread pattern? Even if it works well, I'm just surprised he didn't try to improve on a now ancient tread pattern.

Ancient maybe , but they still work great. still have a set on one of my crawlers and the hook up on the rocks works better than some of the new designs.
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote

D-Lux makin tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New newbie here, just makin himself known K-Note72 Newbie General 5 07-11-2012 09:29 PM
Makin changes to new creeper jebackyardpaint Venom Creeper 6 02-18-2011 09:24 PM
Just makin sure... muddeprived Newbie General 3 04-07-2007 01:47 PM