Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Cheap eBay knock offs vs higher end tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2020, 11:42 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Cheap eBay knock offs vs higher end tires

I’ve got some Swamper copies. They are sh!t compared to Prolines. Both stock foams, on very similar stock scx10 honcho weight trucks. That includes sand, sandstone and general hard rock. Cant even compete. I’ll trail with them on a scale rig.

Then some Hyrax copies. Same setup as above. Useless compared to the Prolines. Too hard. I’ll trail with them, don’t crawl.

Then the Mud Country copies on my Heavy D90. Don’t have anything to compare them with. Run them sealed with the stock foams. Taken my rig wherever I’ve pointed it before the HCG problem stepped in.

KLR copies. Seems good. Only ran them once with stock foams on the D90. They’re vented. Gripped quite well, but that might have been because of the weight of the rig.

Louise CR Champs/ Deep Woods. Run them on a lightweight scx10 based rig. Stock foams and they go anywhere. Just need to sort out some stiffer foams when i can find some locally. Best budget tire you can buy, especially for lightweight setups.

I would say that if you want to be competitive on the rocks with your friends, don’t buy the knockoffs. If you want to casually trail and wont tackle it hard with a more scale rig, the copies will do fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Cheap eBay knock offs vs higher end tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone tried these China d/k44 knock offs?? Rlfa83 Newbie General 17 05-16-2015 11:40 AM