Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: PL Hyrax and PL 2.2 Two Stage Foams

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2020, 09:51 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default PL Hyrax and PL 2.2 Two Stage Foams

I need to double check, but I cannot fit their 2.2 Two-Stage foam into my new set of Hyrax 2.2 tires.

I see clearly that the PL website states the only tires the 2.2 two-stage foams fit are their Super Swamler XL and their other XL tire, which is discontinued. The Hyrax is not listed as a fit.

Am I missing something? I have read here that people have been able to fit their two-stage foams on the Hyrax? I have both in my hands and these don't fit; it's not even close.

Aside from the bead of the tire being less than ideal, I'm surprised they don't offer a two-stage foam which does not fit what appears to be an awesome tire.

CI is still waiting on their 2.2 foams to come in. I purchased 4 sets of Rock Beast foams to hold me over.
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2020, 11:46 AM   #2

Default Re: PL Hyrax and PL 2.2 Two Stage Foams

2.2 Hyrax are close enough in size to the XL's that the foams should definitely fit. Got any photos showing the tires and foams next to each other?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:30 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

s
Old 04-28-2020, 12:47 PM   #4

They will definitely fit. What I do is squeeze the foams until they are flat and then fold them in half. Then shove that folded mess into the tire and then open it open. You will have to stretch the hole in the tire to get the foams inside. Do it as fast possible so the tires aren't permanently deformed.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:40 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
They will definitely fit. What I do is squeeze the foams until they are flat and then fold them in half. Then shove that folded mess into the tire and then open it open. You will have to stretch the hole in the tire to get the foams inside. Do it as fast possible so the tires aren't permanently deformed.
Well that explains why my proline foams are different then everyone else's as you stated in that other post Jato, mine would snap in half if I tried that, the blue layer is hard as a rock.
Xx Losungen xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 09:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Losungen xX View Post
Well that explains why my proline foams are different then everyone else's as you stated in that other post Jato, mine would snap in half if I tried that, the blue layer is hard as a rock.

They will not snap. It feels like they will, but they won't. You have to compress them to install them inside the tires. Otherwise it's impossible.
Old 04-29-2020, 01:53 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
They will not snap. It feels like they will, but they won't. You have to compress them to install them inside the tires. Otherwise it's impossible.
Thanks Jato, might give em a shot again, only used them for one run, seemed like concrete to me. Good excuse to use a brand new set of rims, tires and foams I ran for an HR once anyways.
Xx Losungen xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 07:21 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

J,

Thanks! I will give them a try tonight. Sitting here with a half dozen set of vanquish wheels and a pile of tires. Kills me that CI is out of 2.2 foam.

s
Old 04-29-2020, 10:20 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I am running this combo on my Rock Rey. They should def fit, just takes some effort.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote

PL Hyrax and PL 2.2 Two Stage Foams - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best size dual Stage foam for 1.9 Hyrax RickyColvard Tires and Wheels 5 02-07-2022 03:11 PM
PL Hyrax stock foams or CI foams? Rekreant Tires and Wheels 22 05-31-2018 11:04 AM