Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Installing wheel wideners?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2016, 08:34 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Installing wheel wideners?

I've got a set of boom racing's krait beadlocks that came with 8mm wheel wideners that I can't figure out how to install.

I can see that you remove your stock hexes and bolt the wideners into the rim but then my axle stubs are too short to get the nut on.

Am I missing something obvious here? Is there some sort of extended axles available? I feel like there's an obvious answer that I'm missing...

I don't actually need to use the wideners right now but I'm curious about how I would if I decide I want to.

Scx10 with stock axles.
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2016, 09:16 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Installing wheel wideners?

Are there any barrel nuts, flat washers and lock washers that came with the wheels and wideners? If there are, then yes the answer should be obvious, but if they're not included then you would be a little lost.

Those barrel nuts and washers are replacing your wheel lock nuts, they attach to the axle through the wheel and widener. You may or may not need the thicker spacers, that will depend on axle length.

Soldat Vaillant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:23 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Bingo. That's the info I need.

They didn't come with the barrel nuts. I'll have to contact boom and see what they say about that. I hope they have them available or else these wheels are a pretty bunk prize (got them at a recon event)..

Thanks for the speedy reply!!
Old 05-21-2016, 09:11 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Kinda like the wheel widners for a clod from ThunderTech

Caution!! R/C is highly addictive!!
SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:44 PM   #5

In response to this, after taking off the stock hex on my SCX10 iii, the spacer hole does not line up with the hole on the axle shaft. It sits appx 1mm too high (The hole on the spacer itself). I haven't a clue as to how to remedy the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have all of the correct parts sent with the Krait Sandstorm wheels.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
Lopaka208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:30 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopaka208 View Post
In response to this, after taking off the stock hex on my SCX10 iii, the spacer hole does not line up with the hole on the axle shaft. It sits appx 1mm too high (The hole on the spacer itself). I haven't a clue as to how to remedy the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have all of the correct parts sent with the Krait Sandstorm wheels.

Try putting the barrel nuts on the axle (so they go into the hex) before you tighten the set screws on the hexes.

Last edited by QuesoDelDiablo; 10-01-2020 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-30-2020, 09:35 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopaka208 View Post

Do you mean the extension hits the lockout before the pin holes align?

I have the other hot racing extensions on my bomber, ar60 axles, and I have to use the standard push through pin instead of the screw in style, otherwise the extension binds/rubs on the lockout
NKlamerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKlamerus View Post
Do you mean the extension hits the lockout before the pin holes align?

I have the other hot racing extensions on my bomber, ar60 axles, and I have to use the standard push through pin instead of the screw in style, otherwise the extension binds/rubs on the lockout
Update: Had to take some needle nose and remove the recesses external spacer from all the portals and it worked perfectly.

Old 11-10-2020, 10:10 PM   #9

Anyone know the correct part # for the stock Nitto Grappler tires that were included in the kit? The part number i thin it is is #AXI43010, but this is not the R35 compound. It also only gives the description wide 4.74, but no other dimensions. The other is of the R35 compound that is 4.74 x 1.9. It calls for a 1.7 kit stock tire. Anyone compared either of the 2 to the stock kit tire size? Thanks in advance. I have a spare wheel ordered. But I'm hung up on which of the 2 tires I need to match the stock tires. Thanks a million in advance.
-Rob

Installing wheel wideners? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheel wideners rocksteadily Tamiya TLT Crawlers 1 11-24-2011 09:55 PM
installing integy EXT +15mm alxeand wheel hub desertdude Axial SCX-10 0 08-16-2011 09:56 AM
Wheel wideners / wheel adapters? AXLE 69 Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 1 03-16-2009 09:22 AM