Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Pitbull Rock Beast question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2020, 12:50 PM   #1

Question 1.9 Pitbull Rock Beast question

Just ordered some beadlocks and the scale rock beast (4.45 OD) for my TRX4 sport.

It says they come with dual stage foams but I cant find any reviews or comments on the foams. Most of the stuff i see about the tires mention they dont have foams or are from a few years back and they are a different size.

How are the foams they come with? I dont rock crawl yet as I dont really have an area for it...i just do more trail stuff, driving over wood and other obstacles, and driving in bumpy lawns on the way to the trail. I was looking into getting some CI nova dual stages with medium in rear and soft in front but started to wonder if those would be good for my type of area.

What would yall recommend for the foams....or are the stock ones with the rock beasts just fine?
here is the link: https://pitbullrc.com/products/pb9003nk

side note, I dont jump stuff as its my first RC in years and dont want to bash a trail truck, tho it probably is really capable of it.
Fakemessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2020, 01:02 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: 1.9 Pitbull Rock Beast question

Get the CI single stage foams specifically for the rock beasts. They’re the best. The leave just a bit of air gapthe tire grip but then hold strong for awesome side hilling.

Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:21 PM   #3

deuces wild?
Fakemessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 02:22 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Yes, deuces wild, Rock Beast version. They rock!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
tjohanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 12:31 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakemessiah View Post
Just ordered some beadlocks and the scale rock beast (4.45 OD) for my TRX4 sport.

It says they come with dual stage foams but I cant find any reviews or comments on the foams. Most of the stuff i see about the tires mention they dont have foams or are from a few years back and they are a different size.

How are the foams they come with? I dont rock crawl yet as I dont really have an area for it...i just do more trail stuff, driving over wood and other obstacles, and driving in bumpy lawns on the way to the trail. I was looking into getting some CI nova dual stages with medium in rear and soft in front but started to wonder if those would be good for my type of area.

What would yall recommend for the foams....or are the stock ones with the rock beasts just fine?
here is the link: https://pitbullrc.com/products/pb9003nk

side note, I dont jump stuff as its my first RC in years and dont want to bash a trail truck, tho it probably is really capable of it.

I have the 1.9 rock beast and the foams it comes with work fine if you just plan on trailing it.

Although for rock crawling... i felt the foams didn't have any sidewall support and when sidehilling. it fold and eventually.. topple over.

I'm running CI 2 stage foams 4.5 soft front and medium rear and really like it. Still soft enough to climb but side support.

But for trails... i think stock foams it comes with work fine!
food2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.9, pitbull, rock beast, scale, trail

1.9 Pitbull Rock Beast question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pitbull Rock Beast VS. Growlers Vs. Mad Beast (1.9) Flim Flam Tires and Wheels 31 08-02-2016 03:02 AM
Pitbull Rock Beast Dtempleton Axial Wraith 5 09-22-2012 11:09 PM