Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: New PL Tire crawler tire coming? Ibex?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2020, 11:53 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New PL Tire crawler tire coming? Ibex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
I have always thought that about the Hyrax, dirtbike tread in "scale".

I don't get how they can afford to take the time to create the mold and R&D for such a small segment of 2.2 comp crawling. I know it is a little more popular in other countries but maybe they have the cash to burn to make it pay. If it is a 2.2 comp pin tire, I have some scale build ideas for em.

X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Very odd release. You would think they would have released this tire when the 2.2" comp segment was still very active. It seems pretty dead or am I missing something?

Good for the few guys that want it. I'll cross my fingers, again, and hope the next tire from Proline is something I want - a 4.5" scale tire.

X2
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2020, 03:54 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

I for one am really happy for this tire to arrive.
At the same time it's just sad seeing that this forum totally lost the guys interest in Comp Crawlers.
They are still out there but not here.
Here is all about scale!
The Comp guys have about 4 tire options, while for scale cars there are so many, and yet people complain it's not a scale tire? Really?!
With so many options for scale cars you still need more?

*Rant over and done with

I will probably be getting a set of these and it's nice to see a big company supporting comp crawlers.
Slowly comp crawlers are making a come back ;)
xkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 05:05 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkill View Post
I for one am really happy for this tire to arrive.
At the same time it's just sad seeing that this forum totally lost the guys interest in Comp Crawlers.
They are still out there but not here.
Here is all about scale!
The Comp guys have about 4 tire options, while for scale cars there are so many, and yet people complain it's not a scale tire? Really?!
With so many options for scale cars you still need more?

*Rant over and done with

I will probably be getting a set of these and it's nice to see a big company supporting comp crawlers.
Slowly comp crawlers are making a come back ;)

Absolutely. This place is over run by gaylers so it is what it is I guess but whatever.

If dlux can get molds made as a 1 man shop why can't a multi million dollar group like pro-line? Very happy to see a choice in pins that we can all get behind the manufacturer of.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 09:43 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
If dlux can get molds made as a 1 man shop why can't a multi million dollar group like pro-line? Very happy to see a choice in pins that we can all get behind the manufacturer of.
As far as I know, they machine and inject the molds all in house.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:42 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
As far as I know, they machine and inject the molds all in house.
That wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if they do. When you have that kinda scratch you can afford to be in charge of your own quality control and supply chain logistics.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:33 AM   #26

Quote:
Absolutely. This place is over run by gaylers so it is what it is I guess but whatever.
And to celebrate I am working to get this site changed from black and green to a fabulous shade of fuchsia and a titillating yellow topped off with an upside down rainbow logo. It's going to be to die for!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 07:50 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
And to celebrate I am working to get this site changed from black and green to a fabulous shade of fuchsia and a titillating yellow topped off with an upside down rainbow logo. It's going to be to die for!
May as well, place is full of bootlicking cucks these days.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:43 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
May as well, place is full of bootlicking cucks these days.
Well there's that too...

Real comp crawling is still alive and well. Gaylers are getting comp guys from years past back into rc with their kids and once they get bored playing with dolls they get back into comps again. I've seen it a whole bunch in the last few years.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:11 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

The Hyrax was sorta scale, didn't really like the look them but their performance made up for it.

This looks like an even worse version of the hyrax, but if it's Sorcca legal and does better than class 1 Hyrax, may be stepping into Class one comps.
TITANIUM94010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:40 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
The Hyrax was sorta scale, didn't really like the look them but their performance made up for it.

This looks like an even worse version of the hyrax, but if it's Sorcca legal and does better than class 1 Hyrax, may be stepping into Class one comps.
This not a scale tire. It is a comp 2.2 tire with no scale looks or SORRCA consideration.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:56 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Well there's that too...

Real comp crawling is still alive and well. Gaylers are getting comp guys from years past back into rc with their kids and once they get bored playing with dolls they get back into comps again. I've seen it a whole bunch in the last few years.
I for one am looking forward to this tire release.

WHITE-TRASH is right! I've been doing this since the TLT/TXT build Era. When things started going more scaler I built a few myself but I lost interest fairly quick. I love competing but after attending a few scale comps it no longer felt about driving skill. It felt more about how much your rig looked like the real 1:1 rig it mimicked. There's times I watched guys suck at driving and other guys really do well on a run during a scale comp. But the guys that sucked would beat the better drivers with their "scale points". After that I lost interest entirely and pretty much sold everything scale. I've got kids myself so the scale rigs are just right for them as to why I do keep a scale rig for that reason. Back to comp rigs I've gone and not looking back!

Bring on the comp tires as it's not dead! It's where driving skill is still first and no tires are outlawed just because of there lack of "scale" appearance.
jpterbl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 06:14 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpterbl1 View Post
I for one am looking forward to this tire release.

WHITE-TRASH is right! I've been doing this since the TLT/TXT build Era. When things started going more scaler I built a few myself but I lost interest fairly quick. I love competing but after attending a few scale comps it no longer felt about driving skill. It felt more about how much your rig looked like the real 1:1 rig it mimicked. There's times I watched guys suck at driving and other guys really do well on a run during a scale comp. But the guys that sucked would beat the better drivers with their "scale points". After that I lost interest entirely and pretty much sold everything scale. I've got kids myself so the scale rigs are just right for them as to why I do keep a scale rig for that reason. Back to comp rigs I've gone and not looking back!

Bring on the comp tires as it's not dead! It's where driving skill is still first and no tires are outlawed just because of there lack of "scale" appearance.

I totally agree

Comp rigs rules,-scale points sucks.

;
JENS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:07 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

I'm excited to see this new tire. Hopefully it ends up being 5.4-5.7in tall by 1.25-1.6in wide. It be nice to have a comp tire made by a mainstream brand. Maybe they will make some light weight wheels to go with it. It would be killer to have a new lug tire in the predator compound, but that probably won't happen. I miss some of the old lug tires (sedonas, leopards, rovers, and chisels).
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:19 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezertdirt View Post
It would be killer to have a new lug tire in the predator compound, but that probably won't happen.

That's one thing we do know, it is Predator compount according to the product page.
https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...ruck-tires.asp

or maybe you meant a completely different tire?
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 09:58 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
or maybe you meant a completely different tire?

Yea he's thinking of a tire with lugs and not pins.

These should complement dlux lugs nicely.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:58 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Now available...

https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/...ruck-tires.asp
Old 06-16-2020, 12:15 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Specs say they're 5.5" tall x 1.75" wide

They also say that they're "Designed with Iput from Comp Crawling Champ Jake Wright"
Old 06-17-2020, 12:34 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
Well dang. They certainly did show in stock yesterday, so I added them to cart, added a couple bodies too, then thought about which color proline paints I was going to order for said bodies... I added my paint to cart this morning and all the Ibex tires are gone! I snooze I lose! I'm gonna go be sad in a corner now.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:55 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
Well dang. They certainly did show in stock yesterday, so I added them to cart, added a couple bodies too, then thought about which color proline paints I was going to order for said bodies... I added my paint to cart this morning and all the Ibex tires are gone! I snooze I lose! I'm gonna go be sad in a corner now.

I almost picked them up too but dragged my feet. Though I wonder if they were actually available because they didn't even have a picture up yet and now the listing says coming soon and not back in stock soon.

Did anyone grab a set?
Old 06-17-2020, 01:09 PM   #40
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I almost picked them up too but dragged my feet. Though I wonder if they were actually available because they didn't even have a picture up yet and now the listing says coming soon and not back in stock soon.

Did anyone grab a set?
Same thing happened with the Van bodies when the first batches showed up. They’d go back to coming soon once they sold out.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote

New PL Tire crawler tire coming? Ibex? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
COMING SOON the NEW Team Ottsix Racing 1.9 KLR/M Tire! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-12-2019 11:09 AM
Tire coming off of Walker Evans 2.2 drtvinp Axial Yeti 3 01-27-2019 06:59 PM
Jconcepts rupture 2.2 tire review in tire section of crawler stankulas Massachusetts 0 08-17-2016 02:35 PM