Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Need help choosing foams

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2020, 12:40 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Need help choosing foams

Let me start by apologizing if this is in the wrong section. I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Axial Capra sub-forum? Anyway, after doing some research I've decided to go with Pro-Line Racing's 1.9 Hyrax (Predator) tires. The thing is, I dunno what foams I should pair them with? I have several different options available. I could go with their dual stage foams all around or I could run a pair of their dual stage up front and a pair of their single stage closed cell foams in the rear. Alternatively, I could go with Crawler Innovations and run a pair of their softer dual stage foams up front and firmer ones in the rear. What would give me the best all around grip?
NeoPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2020, 09:00 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Need help choosing foams

I would consider the G8 compound over the Predator compound (The Predator compound is too soft IMO).

For foams this calculator is pretty handy:
https://crawlerinnovations.com/foam-calculator/

I use the G8 compound and I was really happy with the Pro-Line Dual stage foams in the front and CI 4.75 Standard Inner Medium foams in the rear.
VMGontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 09:07 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Need help choosing foams

The Capra is a pretty light rig, so you won't really need dual-stage foams, but they're really popular and probably won't be too bad if you get them. In my experience, the stock proline foams with the hyrax work great for most applications. CI foams are great, the Lil Nova 1.9 single and dual stage foams are both very good.

I have proline dual stage foams with Hyrax G8 on my TRX6 and TRX4, but those are both very heavy rigs.
TITANIUM94010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Need help choosing foams - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need help or input on choosing some foams ScoJac Vaterra Ascender 7 11-08-2017 07:57 PM
need help choosing tomer Newbie General 3 11-26-2008 10:31 PM