Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Slim shift hubs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2020, 08:13 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Slim shift hubs?

Years ago I got my hands on some slim shift hubs, I believe made by lattice innovations. They've served well on my Bomber and I would like another set to narrow up the Injora wheels on my Capra.

Does anyone know where to find these or another comparable product?

Closest I can find are made by Brood, but use standard hardware, aren't as skinny, and dont come with extra spacers. At least there cheap. It would bug me to have standard hardware on my metric truck, tempting to try and tap them for 3x.5 thread.

Anyone have insight as to if I can get away with .185 or .225 hubs to have Injora aluminum beadlocks clear the Capra portals?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2020, 06:09 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Slim shift hubs?

I would love to know if they are still made. I run them on my capra to keep it very narrow.
Motorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 09:05 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I too want them for my capra. Its another one of those things you don't realize how good they are till there no longer available. I just cant believe no other manufacturers have filled this void of hexless narrow hub adapters with thin spacers included.
Old 01-15-2021, 06:52 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

To whom it may concern. Being unable to locate any shift hubs, I purchased a set of Locked up .185 hubs with 3mm threads. These fit perfectly with my Injora 1.9 wheels. Comparing a slim shift hub to a .185 locked up hub with the plain scx hex reveals they are almost the exact same width. The slims may be a few thousands skinnier, not enough to notice.

The width, outside of wheel to outside of wheel is a hair more than 10", outside of tires is just under 10 7/16". Theres plenty of room between the portals and the Injora 1.9 wheels.

I was unable to locate the skinniest Brood hubs in stock or I would have tried them too.

Slim shift hubs? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GiveAway!!! Custom Anodized Shift Hubs (Adjustable Offset Hubs) By Lattice Innovation BC-Brian General Crawlers 116 05-17-2014 08:24 AM
GiveAway!!! Custom Anodized Shift Hubs (Adjustable Offset Hubs) By Lattice Innovation BC-Brian General Crawlers 126 02-14-2014 01:03 AM
GiveAway!! Custom Anodized Shift Hubs (Adjustable offset Hubs) by Lattice Innovation BC-Brian General Crawlers 118 06-18-2013 05:39 PM