Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: CI WIDE Lil Nova foams now available!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2020, 11:35 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default CI WIDE Lil Nova foams now available!

In the past I have complained about narrow foams slipping inside wide wheels resulting in erratic tire performance and I just wanted to post an update to this issue. Crawler Innovations has recently released a series of Lil Nova WIDE 1.9 foams which fit the wider can style beadlock wheels without any slop. These WIDE foams are available now from their web site at https://crawlerinnovations.com/lil-nova/. The WIDE Lil Nova foams are listed below the standard Lil Nova foams.

The P/Ns are;
CWR-2017 4.25 Wide Comp Cut / Soft
CWR-2018 4.25 Wide Comp Cut / Medium
CWR-2019 4.25 Wide Comp Cut / Firm

CWR-2027 4.50 Wide Comp Cut / Soft
CWR-2028 4.50 Wide Comp Cut / Medium
CWR-2029 4.50 Wide Comp Cut / Firm

CWR-2037 4.75 Wide Comp Cut / Soft
CWR-2038 4.75 Wide Comp Cut / Medium
CWR-2039 4.75 Wide Comp Cut / Firm

They also have a Heavy Weight WIDE series CWR-23xx which is designed for heavy rc crawlers and speed applications. Supports weights 10 pounds and heavier.

These WIDE Lil Nova inners came about due to customer input and the availability of wider 1.9 bead locks and cans. The inner measures 1.750" width, is Competition Cut from Heavy Weight closed cell inner foam, with a Medium conventional or open cell density outer foam. The closed cell inner foam is super dense, water proof, is not temperature sensitive and is extremely durable. The conventional outer foam is not temperature sensitive, but it is not water proof.

I recently installed a set of the CWR-2328/Med foams in a set of VP 1.9 Method 105 wheels with Traxxas Canyon Trail tires and I could not be more pleased with the results. The tire tread conforms nicely to the rocks while CI WIDE foams completely eliminate all foam slipping on the wheel and provide an exceptionaly stable tire side wall which improves side hill performance. Great new product CI, Thank You!!!!

Last edited by Inspector86; 10-31-2020 at 06:07 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2020, 11:38 AM   #2
Gold Star Baby!

Default Re: CI WIDE Lil Nova foams now available!

Oh well that’s interesting right there. Going to have to grab a few sets. Thanks for sharing!
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 12:00 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Not sure if I'm the only one having "troubles" work the links...but, when I click on any of them, all it does is open my phone's dialer (ie. there doesn't appear to be any URLs associated with the model numbers, so phone thinks the numbers are mobile numbers, such as "short numbers" for texting).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 01:00 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Not sure if I'm the only one having "troubles" work the links...but, when I click on any of them, all it does is open my phone's dialer (ie. there doesn't appear to be any URLs associated with the model numbers, so phone thinks the numbers are mobile numbers, such as "short numbers" for texting).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

What links? you can work this one :

https://crawlerinnovations.com/lil-n...-medium-outer/

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 01:06 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
What links? you can work this one :

https://crawlerinnovations.com/lil-n...-medium-outer/
First, thank you for the 'working' link.

Second, not sure if it's because I'm accessing via a cell phone, or because I access using TapaTalk, but the model numbers (ex. 2017 4.25) appear as clickable links...except that, unlike actual links (such as the one you just provide, which opens the Chrome browser on my phone), the (so-called) "links" are "determined" by the phone to be phone numbers, thus opening the dialer.

Last edited by Panther6834; 10-30-2020 at 01:08 PM.
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 02:51 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
First, thank you for the 'working' link.

Second, not sure if it's because I'm accessing via a cell phone, or because I access using TapaTalk, but the model numbers (ex. 2017 4.25) appear as clickable links...except that, unlike actual links (such as the one you just provide, which opens the Chrome browser on my phone), the (so-called) "links" are "determined" by the phone to be phone numbers, thus opening the dialer.

Weird, I’m on Tapatalk on my phone , they just aren’t in blue which is a working link for me, mine is?

Hang up and Drive
Old 10-31-2020, 12:44 AM   #7
RCC Addict

The part numbers I listed above are not links. Again, go to https://crawlerinnovations.com/lil-nova/ and click on the size you want. The WIDE foams are listed below the standard foams.

Last edited by Inspector86; 10-31-2020 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:46 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Of course, companies roll out new products AFTER I buy a full set!

Glad to see them though
NKlamerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:02 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Awesome! Thanks for the info Inspector'. I just ordered a couple sets for my GearHead mags, now I won't need the extra "slice" of foam that I use now.

jim
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:26 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Currently, I've been using soft/medium comp cut foams on a 5.4 pound SCX10 II, but I feel they may be rolling over too much when side hilling.

So I was looking to purchase a set of the CI wide foams. However, I noticed that the approximate size dimensions is listed the same for standard width and wide width (4.875 x 1.75).

I also noticed that the description for the wider inner foams says they are 1.75" wide; the standard inners do not list a width. Is this where the wide foams are wider than standard foams? By how much?

I'm just trying to determine which foams would be best for my SSD wheels (listed as 25.5mm wide) and assorted tires such as Hyrax, Landmines, Scorpios, Trenchers, etc. It's hard to determine when the only dimensions listed are identical.

Does anyone know if CI has a recommended wheel width for what the standard and wider foams are meant for? That would help when making a foam selection too.
RCTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:19 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTom View Post
Does anyone know if CI has a recommended wheel width for what the standard and wider foams are meant for? That would help when making a foam selection too.
The original CI foams were designed around the older Vanquish wheels, I’d take a guess that these were likely designed around the width of the wider Vanquish wheels like the Method 105s.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:22 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Send Eddie a email. The source gives accurate answers

Hang up and Drive
Old 01-14-2021, 03:39 PM   #13
RCC Addict

I already have my wide CI Lil Nova foams installed and not likely to break them down now. But I have them mounted on the VP 1.9 Method 105 wheels which are 1.2" wide. The foams were a near perfect match to this wheel width. These foams completely eliminated any rolling under when side hilling.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
I already have my wide CI Lil Nova foams installed and not likely to break them down now. But I have them mounted on the VP 1.9 Method 105 wheels which are 1.2" wide. The foams were a near perfect match to this wheel width. These foams completely eliminated any rolling under when side hilling.
Question, does the center closed cell portion fit fully on the inner ring on the 105s? That's where I see the closed cell sliding around.
KenGerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 08:44 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Well, shoot. I didn't know there was such a thing and I just purchased 6 sets of standard width and my newest wheels are all the wide style. Grrrr....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
sawhead is offline   Reply With Quote

CI WIDE Lil Nova foams now available! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CI Lil Nova 4.75 foams Keith Lewis Tires and Wheels 2 01-10-2016 06:59 AM