Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: RC4WD bully 2.2 comp tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2021, 07:27 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default RC4WD bully 2.2 comp tires

I bought 2 sets of these from horizon. one of the 4 the foam was very hard and it cracked from just working it with my fingers then once i put the wheel in it broke the inner foam completely apart. Horizon is trying to say "sorry heres 10 bucks".... so i need new foams.

what does everyone recommend? These tires are going on a ECX temper 2, scx10.2 axles, 4WS, revolver motor and small 3s lipo.

Im sure crawler innovations has tons, but what does everyone like. This is a for fun - rock only rig
Hondarider94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2022, 07:03 PM   #2
Hal
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: RC4WD bully 2.2 comp tires

Well you pretty much summed up how I feel RC3WD treats most customers I like Crawlers Inovations dual stage med rear soft in front comp cut. They work good in Ibex and a few other tires I have tried them in. I wouldn't hold any hope for these though. I tried a lot of tricks but they were always very inconsistent hooking up. Good luck
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 07:35 AM   #3
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Big Mike's Toys & Hobbies had a set of these in stock and our shop helper Cody picked them up for himself. He asked me to set them up for his 2.2 shafty comp crawler which ended up being 5 pounds RTR. I was surprised how much softer and more compliant the latest version of the rubber is for these Bully pins tires. Here's what I used for Cody's build;

CWR-5027 = 6 Bolt Wheel, 2.2 x 1.50" width, in silver (all four)
CWR-1044 = 5.25" Double Deuce Comp Cut w/ Soft Outer (front pair)
CWR-1045 = 5.25" Double Deuce Comp Cut w/ Medium Outer (rear pair)
CWR-3015 = 4.50" Deuces Wild Tuning Disc set; one disc on the outside of all four foams, trimmed down .250" in outer diameter
Three, 2mm vent holes per tire, punched in along center cast line.

The Bully Pins performed very well for what they are. The tire size is nice, not too wide or too tall. The rubber feel was definitely comp worthy for the terrain we have in East Texas. The purpose for the wide rim is that it creates a large contact patch for the tire. This helps side hill support and creates a tire that the initial touch is very soft, supple, and conforms to the terrain instantly.

When possible, I still prefer to run the Proline Ibex tire with Triple Stage Double Deuce foams, CWR-1391 front and CWR-1394 rear, but that's mainly what I have the most drive time on is why.

#crawlerinnovations #doubledeucefoams #activatedoutlaw
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 07:48 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Big Mike's Toys & Hobbies had a set of these in stock and our shop helper Cody picked them up for himself. He asked me to set them up for his 2.2 shafty comp crawler which ended up being 5 pounds RTR. I was surprised how much softer and more compliant the latest version of the rubber is for these Bully pins tires. Here's what I used for Cody's build;

CWR-5027 = 6 Bolt Wheel, 2.2 x 1.50" width, in silver (all four)
CWR-1044 = 5.25" Double Deuce Comp Cut w/ Soft Outer (front pair)
CWR-1045 = 5.25" Double Deuce Comp Cut w/ Medium Outer (rear pair)
CWR-3015 = 4.50" Deuces Wild Tuning Disc set; one disc on the outside of all four foams, trimmed down .250" in outer diameter
Three, 2mm vent holes per tire, punched in along center cast line.

The Bully Pins performed very well for what they are. The tire size is nice, not too wide or too tall. The rubber feel was definitely comp worthy for the terrain we have in East Texas. The purpose for the wide rim is that it creates a large contact patch for the tire. This helps side hill support and creates a tire that the initial touch is very soft, supple, and conforms to the terrain instantly.

When possible, I still prefer to run the Proline Ibex tire with Triple Stage Double Deuce foams, CWR-1391 front and CWR-1394 rear, but that's mainly what I have the most drive time on is why.

#crawlerinnovations #doubledeucefoams #activatedoutlaw
what happened to the double deuce regular cut as i don't need the comp cut, regular cut is all i need, been buying them from you for years and then bam, there gone, now it's like $60 just for foams, use to pay like $30 for regular cut. bring them back please.
motoj550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 08:34 AM   #5
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoj550 View Post
what happened to the double deuce regular cut as i don't need the comp cut, regular cut is all i need, been buying them from you for years and then bam, there gone, now it's like $60 just for foams, use to pay like $30 for regular cut. bring them back please.
Those are good questions. Here are the answers;

- All of our foam material densities doubled in price in 2021.

- The machine time cost went up in 2021.

- The line of companies needing machine time increased dramatically, because for many of them, it was their first time producing in the USA, unlike Crawler Innovations, which has always been a USA made product.

- Product distribution, after 12 years of running Crawler Innovations, the demand for more companies becoming dealers increased, and most of them want the product at 45-55% off the MAP price. CI could not do that. But due to their requests, the pricing was streamlined and all foam pairs are the same price depending on its product line.

The discount code for Crawler Innovations is;
iamworthy
That will take 11% off your order at CI.

The standard inner is still available. But the comp cut inner will always be recommended and preferred since it is the most responsive foam for rc rock crawling.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote

RC4WD bully 2.2 comp tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bully 2 Comp Axles with RC4WD Lt Wt Comp Beadlock Wheels karajabola RC4WD Bully 1 03-03-2016 08:19 PM
2.2 Rc4wd bully comp tires BigSid00 Tires and Wheels 1 02-21-2016 11:40 PM