RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/)
-   -   Pitbull Braven Berserker 2.2 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/627319-pitbull-braven-berserker-2-2-a.html)

MOguy 12-08-2021 05:50 AM

Pitbull Braven Berserker 2.2

Anybody running these?

How are they?

ferp420 12-08-2021 07:00 AM

Re: Pitbull Braven Berserker 2.2

yup in my opinion there not worth the money there askin
they dont have the grip i exspected and there waring really fast
i bought them because of there size but they dident have the grip the cheap chinese tires i replaced had im still running them and they are getting better
i just wish they made them in a harder compound i feel there to soft for my rig

jeeptec 12-08-2021 10:40 AM

I have them in a 1.9. Unimpressive. Too narrow too short. Didn’t grip. Waste of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOguy 12-08-2021 11:35 AM

Thanks

garyk 12-10-2021 10:12 AM

The 2.2 berserkers are decent tires, I used to run them on my class 3 truck (and won multiple times with it). I think there are better tires, but the problem is that it's hard to find something in that diameter. I run custom 5.25" tall hyrax now and they're better but if I didn't want to build custom tires I'd run the berserkers. They're a good size.

MOguy 12-10-2021 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyk (Post 6101276)
The 2.2 berserkers are decent tires, I used to run them on my class 3 truck (and won multiple times with it). I think there are better tires, but the problem is that it's hard to find something in that diameter. I run custom 5.25" tall hyrax now and they're better but if I didn't want to build custom tires I'd run the berserkers. They're a good size.

I want small tires too. Right now I am running old school proline hammers, they are 5". Now that it is getting colder they aren't working as well. My Trencher Predators 4.75 are what I am liking now for my C3.

MOguy 12-15-2021 11:10 AM

At this point they are not that great. I got them with a set of nice SSD rims for a good price so I am not that up set. They did come with harder foams. I will put some soft small foams in them, spray them with WD-40 and they Simple Green and see what happens.

xtreme4x2 12-15-2021 01:01 PM

I'm late to the party, but I have them in 2.2 on my redcat. I like the size and look for a trail truck. There are better tires out there if you want to run comps.

https://i.imgur.com/tToQvAsl.jpg

MOguy 12-20-2021 05:58 AM

I have siped them soaked them with WD40 and Simple Green. I have driven them and they still suck. I will give them a little more time but I am about done with them.

Druxus 12-21-2021 08:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like them better then proline tsl i had on my jeep. I have 0% rocks here, it is sandy woods. I have heard for awhile how nice the tsl's are, and they did ok. Perhaps they are more of a rock tire then a woods tire. The berserker do better here.

MOguy 12-21-2021 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Druxus (Post 6102244)
I like them better then proline tsl i had on my jeep. I have 0% rocks here, it is sandy woods. I have heard for awhile how nice the tsl's are, and they did ok. Perhaps they are more of a rock tire then a woods tire. The berserker do better here.

And they look really good on your RC.

DrIsotope 12-21-2021 09:37 AM

Results may vary, but I just did a multi-stage comp over the course of about 3 months on my YouTube channel, and my 2.2" Berserker-fitted
4WS Capra won the whole thing, so they must at least do alright. And his body panels are metal, so it's not like it's the lowest CG rig out there.

https://i.imgur.com/1Fd50Z1.jpg?1

ferp420 12-21-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrIsotope (Post 6102251)
Results may vary, but I just did a multi-stage comp over the course of about 3 months on my YouTube channel, and my 2.2" Berserker-fitted
4WS Capra won the whole thing, so they must at least do alright. And his body panels are metal, so it's not like it's the lowest CG rig out there.

wow those tires look brand new mine are chewed to crap and back and they dont have that much run time on them there on my gen8 and although its a beef cake out of the box it had vary little extra weight on it

since i snaped the axle and had.to tear it all.apart ive picked up some potmetal axles and steal sliders so its gona be alot heavyer now
i have no idea how the extra weight is gona affect the tires performance but ill know pretty soon lol ill let youall know if it helped or hurt there performance

DrIsotope 12-21-2021 01:42 PM

That Capra is a little over 7lbs now, and that's a very recent picture of it. The wear on the Berserkers is minimal so far. I have an older set of 1.9" Komp Growlers that are really starting to show some age.