Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: East Coast Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2022, 10:56 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default East Coast Tires

I am looking to improve my Capra and TRX4. Capra is getting the spring mod and have already put a new revolver and HH esc (v2). TRX4 is getting a new body, re-engineered front battery tray and moving the electronics around. I am also looking for new shoes for each of the rigs. I have used both the Showdowns and Deep Woods, Hyrax and obviously the stock TRX4 tires (showdowns lugs are a bit too big, Deep Woods tread "folds" and not stiff enough, Hyrax clog really easily). I keep seeing reviews of different tires but they are mostly out west and don't represent the conditions where i crawl (humid easy coast: damp soil (clay and sand), mud , slick/wet roots, lichen covered rocks). Does anyone have any recommendations for tires that work well in these conditions? I'm interested in mostly crawling and not really doing any trail running or playing in the mud/water.
splyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2022, 07:44 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: East Coast Tires

Fellow DMV crawler here. Proline Swampers are my go to for all conditions/terrain around here. They grip and hold up well but foams play a big role in the roll with any of the popular tire options. I wanna to try some of the RC4WD tires for the branded options they offer to match 1:1's but not until I sell some stuff or really need them.
Devwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 08:13 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Depending on the size my recommendation is always the Proline Super Swamper's in G8 compound. I drove RC in the PNW, so very similar conditions and they just work. They are very good in all conditions, but not the best in any one area.

Here is my 1/8th scale Bronco on 2.2's

lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 08:47 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

swampers are the first ones that came to mind they would look good on a trx4 too
also the jconcepts ruptures are awsome i think they might work good on the capra being less scale than the swampers and i think they work better
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 05:33 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

G8 Swampers....x3! I run Predator as well depending on temps. Mud, rock, silt, dirt - they seem to get traction everywhere. I've tried a lot of tires and just keep coming back to the Swampers. Pitbull Rock Beasts are a close second.

OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 07:26 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

thank you all for the recommendations. i am not worried about scale, I'm more interested in traction on rocks. i was looking at the ruptures but was worries about their performance when they get damp. unfortunately, they seem to be hard to come by. ill look into the swampers in the mean time.
splyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM   #7
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

My recommendation would be something from Pitbull Tires.

These new 2.2 berserkers work very well;
https://pitbullrc.com/collections/2-...2-tires-2foams

And these Rock Beasts 2 have been around for years and are a proven performer;
https://pitbullrc.com/collections/2-...ducts/pb9002nk
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:57 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I second the Rock Beasts, they seem to crawl really well down here in AL. The other tire I've had some luck with is a set of Falken takeoffs from the new old bronco that I've trimmed.
Goos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 06:06 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

If your looking for pure rock ( costal crawling ) Ive had very good luck with both the Trenchers and the Krawlers, both in G8 compound.

If your running trails as well, the Krawlers do very well and like has been mentioned above, the Swampers.

My " dedicated " trail rig is my scx10.3 JL and just trail / woods running the stock tires work great, even in snow but they need a much softer foam.
Damion10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 12:25 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I'm in the DMV as well and my go to tire is the PitBull Growlers with Crawler Innovation foams. I also have had surprisingly good luck with the stock Traxxas Canyon Trail tires again with Crawler Innovation foams,
Attached Images

Last edited by Inspector86; 07-21-2022 at 01:02 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:01 PM   #11

I like the Boggers and the Hyrax depending on the terrain.
MarkWeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:25 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
I'm in the DMV as well and my go to tire is the PitBull Growlers with Crawler Innovation foams. I also have had surprisingly good luck with the stock Traxxas Canyon Trail tires again with Crawler Innovation foams,
I ran Growlers for a while, really wanting to like them, but I found Tsl's just did better for my driving style. I found Growlers do not like to spin and prefer some weight on them. I like my rigs with lots of wheel speed and light! lol.

Swamper Tsl's, and Boggers just fit my driving style, which is pin it to win it!

lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote

East Coast Tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**** East Coast RC **** ittybitty General Crawlers 16 11-02-2011 07:12 PM
East Coast? dbb888 Competitions 3 11-28-2007 06:57 AM