Notices

Thread: Tire size & OD 'quandary'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2022, 05:36 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Tire size & OD 'quandary'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
I have to admit, this is quite the "journey". Or I continue, I don't want anyone telling me, "You're doing it wrong", You're going about it the wrong way", "There's an easier/faster way", or anything of the sorts. I understand, and realize, that there are different 'ways' of going about this. Some 'ways' work better for some, while other 'ways' work better or others...and, in the end, the results (at least, mathematically...actual/final tires choices are a "personal choice") would be the same. For example, some people love driving, while others do not. For those (like myself) who love driving, working as a Professional Chauffeur is perfect...and, for those who hate driving, maybe an office job is more suited to your liking.

Anyway, after spending a few hours calculating the circumferences of the 46 front, and 19 rear, tire 'candidates', followed by even more hours calculating rear tire circumferences (based on the 4 possible ODs), followed by eliminating possible front & rear 'candidates' that didn't have any corresponding "matches", I ended up with a total of 295 possible front/rear tire combinations, consisting of 243 combos that would almost certainly work, and 52 combos that might (depending of the foams used) work. It's kind of 'interesting', in a 'funny' way, that, of the 19 possible rear tires, several (those with a 5.5" diameter) have as many as 19 possible front tire "companions", while a couple of other tires (the two work the larger diameters) each had but a single match.

The next step will be to stay eliminating tires from 'consideration', primarily based on my own personal preferences. Obviously, I selected the original 65 tires based on those I liked...but, as I'm sure others would agree, a person might not like the visual aspect of version front/ready combos. Meowing down the choices could take weeks...and, as I don't plan to stay this build for at least another 1-2 months, I've got plenty of time to make your decisions.

To those who shared input (in this thread, was well as a very similar thread on a different forum)...'positive', as well as 'negative'...thank you. As with every custom project, it'll be an "interesting" journey. Once I've started the build, I will create a build thread...I've even already come up with a title: The Black Cat goes 'Mad' with a Cross RC HC4. Unless anyone else had any additional input, I don't think there's any real need for me to post anything further in this thread. Again, "thank you" to everyone who's commented and/or sent me PMs on this matter.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Been in the catnip again?

Are all those quotation marks just stray cat whiskers and hairs?
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tire size & OD 'quandary' - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheel size VS Tire Size Jackson233 Tires and Wheels 9 11-04-2019 03:20 PM
Bomber transmission quandary Crawler Cads Axial RR10 Bomber 16 10-17-2018 11:31 PM
Tire fitment or what is needed to fit the tire size you use? magic_yeti Traxxas TRX-4 12 12-14-2017 07:05 AM
Increase tire traction on my rc Redcat buggy & choos the correct tire size? VikingCrawler Tires and Wheels 0 07-06-2017 01:44 PM
The difference in wheel & tire size blacksmith Newbie General 4 11-25-2008 11:17 AM