Notices

Thread: Cheap Chinese Wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2022, 05:29 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Cheap Chinese Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
Companies like ourselves support not only the hobby here in the US by sponsoring events, groups and drivers ... but even this forum.

We innovate because we have experience in the 1:1 world. We bring that to the parts we design for you guys helping to achieve a higher level of scale realism. We don't copy things on purpose. We use quality materials. All our employees are safe (and over 18 ) and we aren't dumping shit into the environment. We are meeting US restrictions and regulations and pay taxes here.

We have support staff you can email or talk to if there is an issue ... that speak English.

So, we hope you will choose to support an American company that supports you back.

I also want to mention that I do think some of our options are pretty affordable all things considered.
Our cheapest 8L 1.9" wheel packages start around $100 if you use our bundler and select standard hardware.
8L:
https://www.lockeduprc.com/19-8L-Com...er-_p_320.html

IIRC that's about $40 cheaper than some others.

We also make everything a la carte.
So between wheels, rings, hardware, inserts, etc... you have millions of final combinations to choose from!
Parts are also individually replaceable.
So if you thrash something you aren't shit out of luck.

Countries with good wages can't do cheap parts or they will lose money
cooper_xl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2022, 07:41 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

I am about half and half between cheap Amazon wheels and name brand ones. Among my favorite branded wheels are the steelies from SSD. Four can be had for $55 which is pretty competitive with the no name Chinese units. https://www.amainhobbies.com/ssd-rc-...d00272/p792687
I’ve never had a problem mounting any tires to them and being made of steel they add a good amount of weight where you want it
JimInMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 08:16 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Just bought 68 euro heavy crawler wheels 868 gr per 4 rims from AliExpress, can't go wrong with that, also 4 new super swamper tires , all 2.2 size

It will be my first time assembling RC wheels & tires, i will try to make them airfilled ( @ferb420 gave me a idea ) i bought some rubber plugs to seal them, if it doesn't work i bought 2 sets of different foam also, hi hi

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

Last edited by BP6666VR; 10-01-2022 at 08:22 PM.
BP6666VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 10:37 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Gotta say the Element bronze plastic Method 701 Trail Series wheels and their black The Ochos work really well if you swap the plastic hex hub for either aluminum or brass, both available direct.

They don't have that overly thick outer rim that Axial plastic beadlocks have, making them look more scale in my opinion.

I've got LockedUpRC, Vanquish, Incision, SSD, GearHead, RC4WD, Boom Racing, Injora, and some complete unknown manufacturer for aluminum/steel wheels.

Last edited by durok; 10-01-2022 at 10:54 PM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:41 AM   #25
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
alot of talk about knock off designs but there hasent been any real design change in wheels since the 60s even method wheels are basicly knock offs of older designed wheels and adding a bead lock ring dosent make it a new design so i dont care about licensing or anyof that cause the ones issueing the licence just copyed someone elses design anyway
i would like to suport american made but i dont have the money
so chanquish it is
Agreed. I think it’s more of problem with something like if they were to rip off some of the Holmes motor innovations, Or maybe some new innovative chassis design, and I know in quad copters they rip off electronic flight controllers that people spend a lot of time and effort developing. Those are the type of things I will pay more for the real thing.
chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 12:43 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

they allready did all that too
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 11:20 PM   #27
RCC Addict

One thing not mentioned is the inconsistency.. I’d you buy vp wheels, you know that the tanks, 105’s and I forget what others are going to be 1.0” wide and all the others .8” wide. Same with other companies. Chanquish and other knock off wheels in similar styles are drastically inconsistent with width. I ordered a set of knock off 2.2’s that were listed at 1.0” and they showed up being ~0.7” which I was fine with because I like slimmer wheels but I’m just saying. I’m fortunate enough to own some really nice rigs, and most of my rigs are on name brand wheels.. mostly bought second hand for far less than retail..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 09:47 AM   #28
RCC Addict

I ran mostly ebay VP knockoffs for years and never had an issue with them. VP are machined and finished better, but cost 3-4x as much by the time you buy hubs and hardware, and for some reason they still use SAE hardware, which annoys me. Their hardware is not better in my experience. I still usually break at least one screw in one ring even using a very light clutch setting on my M12 driver. The only wheels that I truly had a problem with were a batch of the first Incision wheels. The hex fit was so sloppy my axle nuts would constantly back off even if using brand new serrated nuts.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 07:31 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

i just.found this set of cheap chinese wheels
2.2s for $25 +3 day shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16520280515...mis&media=COPY

i already have more than i need right now so i thought i would share
there seems to be alot at this price right now ive found 4 or 5 other listings for the same price

Last edited by ferp420; 10-10-2022 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-10-2022, 06:53 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
i just.found this set of cheap chinese wheels
2.2s for $25 +3 day shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16520280515...mis&media=COPY

i already have more than i need right now so i thought i would share
there seems to be alot at this price right now ive found 4 or 5 other listings for the same price
Those are some Narrow 2.2s. Rims at 25mm.
Maybe why so cheap.
JS.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 07:41 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
Those are some Narrow 2.2s. Rims at 25mm.
Maybe why so cheap.
JS.
they have a listing for 40mm wide also 25 is about a inch thats not to narrow depending on your choice of tire

i run alot of 1" wide 2.2 wheels
Old 11-10-2022, 07:18 AM   #32
Rock Stacker

I got these today: https://www.ebay.com/itm/284476591212

Well, I had them for about a week, but I got new beadlocks for them, so I got to test them out.

Bought them with the dual stage foam.

I have to say I really REALLY like them. I've only tested them versus cut stock wheels though, super grippy, carves it's way through snow.

They seem somewhat thin, and I suspect by the feel (I know right?) that they won't do well with uv exposure.

Last edited by SleptOver; 11-10-2022 at 11:19 AM.
SleptOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 12:23 PM   #33
Rock Stacker

Btw, https://www.ebay.com/itm/384773418080 are the wheels I have, I am super happy with them. They appear to be of really high quality. Fairly hefty too.
SleptOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 02:09 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

have many truck wheels with no problems.. some smaller road wheels have been in funny sizes.
MOVIN-SLOOOOOOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 12:10 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Does anyone know if the beadlock rings they sell on amazon will fit SSD wheels? or any brand of rings that will fit SSD wheels?
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 06:53 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme4x2 View Post
Does anyone know if the beadlock rings they sell on amazon will fit SSD wheels? or any brand of rings that will fit SSD wheels?
SSD does offer rigs for their wheels...
I imagine if you find a beadlock ring with the same number of bolts, they should likely fit so long as Diameter is also close to the same.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 08:47 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
SSD does offer rigs for their wheels...
I imagine if you find a beadlock ring with the same number of bolts, they should likely fit so long as Diameter is also close to the same.
They just have "normal" rings from what I can see. I think I tried to put a ssd ring on Amazon wheels and it didn't look as if it would work.

Now that I think about it I think jec racing makes rings for SSD...I'll go check there.
xtreme4x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 05:55 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

All but one of the China wheels I have tried are junk and were not able to be mounted to tires.

The one exception is the Austar or now Injora ones like these. Nice thing about these is they are significantly heavier then standard aluminum wheels.

Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 08:06 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked Up View Post
Companies like ourselves support not only the hobby here in the US by sponsoring events, groups and drivers ... but even this forum.

We innovate because we have experience in the 1:1 world. We bring that to the parts we design for you guys helping to achieve a higher level of scale realism. We don't copy things on purpose. We use quality materials. All our employees are safe (and over 18 ) and we aren't dumping shit into the environment. We are meeting US restrictions and regulations and pay taxes here.

We have support staff you can email or talk to if there is an issue ... that speak English.

So, we hope you will choose to support an American company that supports you back.

I also want to mention that I do think some of our options are pretty affordable all things considered.
Our cheapest 8L 1.9" wheel packages start around $100 if you use our bundler and select standard hardware.
8L:
https://www.lockeduprc.com/19-8L-Com...er-_p_320.html

IIRC that's about $40 cheaper than some others.

We also make everything a la carte.
So between wheels, rings, hardware, inserts, etc... you have millions of final combinations to choose from!
Parts are also individually replaceable.
So if you thrash something you aren't shit out of luck.
Your company is US based, but nowhere on your website do I see " Made in USA!"

So I would assume based on this you have your products made over seas, China perhaps?

This is not an attack by the way, just asking?
Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 09:11 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

I've just recently started to get aluminum beadlock wheels, mainly 2.2 solar. I've bought most <35 shipped and 35mm wide. I also bought a 45mm wide set for 42. These are all aliexpress bought. The one set I have sofar is of good quality and fit. I have many 1/6 scale rigs that only look scale with 2.2, or 2.6 wheels, so cheap is good when outfitting 10+ trucks.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote

Cheap Chinese Wheels - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
are cheap chinese tire getting better ferp420 Tires and Wheels 6 06-08-2019 07:39 PM
Cheap Chinese ESCs Alteredgasser57 Electronics 24 03-25-2019 06:06 AM
Cheap Chinese beadlock problems lasllcap@gmail.com Tires and Wheels 9 07-15-2018 09:36 PM
cheap chinese 6x6 CM9000 Chit Chat 9 06-06-2016 06:28 PM