RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/)
-   -   Duratrax 1.9s fossil (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires-wheels/631076-duratrax-1-9s-fossil.html)

Frank211 01-26-2023 09:31 AM

Duratrax 1.9s fossil

Duratrax coming back.....
They do make some good tireshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...2831b422dd.jpg

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Thorsteenster 01-26-2023 10:22 AM

Re: Duratrax 1.9s fossil

Goofy name for a crawler tire. Fossil makes me think of old and hard, not soft and grippy lol.

cooper_xl 01-26-2023 12:33 PM

My Deep Woods are pretty soft...this might be good

casco_bay_rc 01-28-2023 10:13 AM

I ran a comparison test in late 2021 of nearly every brand name 1.9" tire. I used the scientific method as best I could with the exact vehicle (Capra) and the same test area.

From my experience, the Duratrax Deepwoods and Showdown were at the top of the performance list.

I discovered that the compound is 80% of the tire's performance over the tread pattern. Therefore, these will be good performers if they are the same compound as the tires mentioned above.

I'll run the same test on these tires and post my results.

ferp420 01-28-2023 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casco_bay_rc (Post 6131383)
I ran a comparison test in late 2021 of nearly every brand name 1.9" tire. I used the scientific method as best I could with the exact vehicle (Capra) and the same test area.

From my experience, the Duratrax Deepwoods and Showdown were at the top of the performance list.

I discovered that the compound is 80% of the tire's performance over the tread pattern. Therefore, these will be good performers if they are the same compound as the tires mentioned above.

I'll run the same test on these tires and post my results.

the thing with tires there are so many variables to weather a tire will work or not if you change rigs the results will change the temps change the tire results will change change terrain the resaults will change

since no 2 rigs are exsacly the same differnt rigs will work best with differnt tires in differnt terrain

casco_bay_rc 01-28-2023 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferp420 (Post 6131387)
the thing with tires there are so many variables to weather a tire will work or not if you change rigs the results will change the temps change the tire results will change change terrain the resaults will change

since no 2 rigs are exsacly the same differnt rigs will work best with differnt tires in differnt terrain

I tested the tires during a wide temperature swing (here in Maine) on a variety of surfaces (took and shared a video of the test area). The feedback I received from the reviews was all positive and corroborated.

But, yes, no two rigs are the same. But the results changed using the same vehicle in the same test area. The Capra is a known performer, and I did not change one variable.

Anyway, the point is I'd put good money on this tire being a performer if the tire compound is the same as the other two.

King Dork 01-28-2023 04:09 PM

I have 3 different tread Duratrax tires on 4 of my crawlers and they’re unbelievably good. If these are going to be the same C3 compound I’ll grab a set up for certain.

Druxus 01-28-2023 09:19 PM

My experience with deepwoods has been mixed. In sand and dirt it seems to do really good, but when you need those lugs to grip on something to climb up iv have seen them fold over and lose traction. I think the main skin is to thin (even with dual stage foams) and it allows the lugs to fold down.

Hopefully they corrected that with this version.

durok 01-28-2023 11:59 PM

Duratrax has also released other scale-appearing tires relatively recently -

The Ascend (Class 1):

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1500_.jpg

And the Pivot (Class 1):

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1500_.jpg

The Fossil is a Class 2:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/dw/imag...sh=1600&sm=fit

ferp420 01-29-2023 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casco_bay_rc (Post 6131395)
I tested the tires during a wide temperature swing (here in Maine) on a variety of surfaces (took and shared a video of the test area). The feedback I received from the reviews was all positive and corroborated.

But, yes, no two rigs are the same. But the results changed using the same vehicle in the same test area. The Capra is a known performer, and I did not change one variable.

Anyway, the point is I'd put good money on this tire being a performer if the tire compound is the same as the other two.

if you tested on a differnt rig you would have differnt results

your video viewers might think thats a good test but it tells me nothing your capra is sych a different rig than anything i run to me theres no value in thise tests and if it works on a 1/10 scale rig dosent mean squat when talking about micros there so different what works for 1 wont work for the other

im not saying your wrong just what works for you on your capra were you live dosent mean it will work on someone elses rig who lives somewere else or on a micro

OSRC 01-29-2023 09:51 AM

No white lettering? C'mon man.

durok 01-29-2023 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSRC (Post 6131462)
No white lettering? C'mon man.

:lmao:

I think they are trying to break into new markets, and to be taken more seriously!

casco_bay_rc 01-29-2023 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferp420 (Post 6131456)
if you tested on a differnt rig you would have differnt results

your video viewers might think thats a good test but it tells me nothing your capra is sych a different rig than anything i run to me theres no value in thise tests and if it works on a 1/10 scale rig dosent mean squat when talking about micros there so different what works for 1 wont work for the other

im not saying your wrong just what works for you on your capra were you live dosent mean it will work on someone elses rig who lives somewere else or on a micro

You're missing out on the scientific method of testing.

Alas, I have everything from a 2-lb belly-dragger to a 14-lb brassed out 2.2 on giant axles to test on, and the results are generally the same.

Compound matters most. Wet and slick rock here in Maine, or the Rock Pirates' crew on dry Moab rocks - I was told the results were the same in most cases.

I had dozens of comments and DM corroborating the test results.

As for micro, I have no interest in those.

Back to the thread subject: this will likely be a performer if the compound is the same as their other 1.9s. I'll add it to the arsenal and give them a try.

ferp420 01-29-2023 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casco_bay_rc (Post 6131500)
You're missing out on the scientific method of testing.

Alas, I have everything from a 2-lb belly-dragger to a 14-lb brassed out 2.2 on giant axles to test on, and the results are generally the same.

Compound matters most. Wet and slick rock here in Maine, or the Rock Pirates' crew on dry Moab rocks - I was told the results were the same in most cases.

I had dozens of comments and DM corroborating the test results.

As for micro, I have no interest in those.

Back to the thread subject: this will likely be a performer if the compound is the same as their other 1.9s. I'll add it to the arsenal and give them a try.

your scientific method is flawed

casco_bay_rc 01-30-2023 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferp420 (Post 6131503)
your scientific method is flawed

I'm afraid I have to disagree, and your argument is moot and off-topic.

I put in an order for these tires this morning. I can't wait to try them out.

ferp420 01-30-2023 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casco_bay_rc (Post 6131526)
I'm afraid I have to disagree, and your argument is moot and off-topic.

I put in an order for these tires this morning. I can't wait to try them out.

hay you cant disagree with me i did a video and got 1 positive comment and that makes me a expert lol

im joking of course enjoy your new tires

SteveB1 01-30-2023 08:42 AM

I think they look interesting enough to try out on our sandstone rocks. Should be fun.

casco_bay_rc 01-30-2023 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferp420 (Post 6131530)
hay you cant disagree with me i did a video and got 1 positive comment and that makes me a expert lol

im joking of course enjoy your new tires

Hop on over to my Instagram where I posted my notes and the subsequent comment*s* :lmao:

https://www.instagram.com/offpisterc/

I reviewed both the Approach and Deep Woods. I haven't posted in a while, but I'll restart with this tire.

ferp420 01-30-2023 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casco_bay_rc (Post 6131538)
Hop on over to my Instagram where I posted my notes and the subsequent comment*s* :lmao:

https://www.instagram.com/offpisterc/

I reviewed both the Approach and Deep Woods. I haven't posted in a while, but I'll restart with this tire.

cant do instalame and i dont have a capra and my tire testing has way different results than yours

i always say theres a tire for every terrain

no 1 tire will work on all terrain and all trucks all the time there is no one magic tire

having so many vastly differnt trucks and tires ill swap them around till i find what works best for the rig the results can be surprising

for exsample the axial r40s on a trx4 kicking but over proline and pitbulls

or pitbulls on the cc01 even though they completely suck on my other rigs there awsome on the cc01

casco_bay_rc 01-30-2023 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferp420 (Post 6131543)
cant do instalame

Your loss. My followers appreciate the reviews and advice.

Your results are different.

Let's see how the review of this one goes. I'll post it here.