Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: 1.9 Tire thread, or, 1.9 Goodyear MTR and 1.9 Interco TrXus MT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #1

Default The Newbie 1.9 Tire thread

Well, heh, This thread started out with two questions, "In search for 1.9 Goodyear MTR and 1.9 Interco TrXus MT" and then it got out of control and turned into a massive 1.9 tire thread. So enjoy this roller coaster!

Ok guys, I need some help finding some 1.9 tires.

My friend and I are in the process of rebuilding our Bruiser & Mountaineer. I am the original owner of my 1993 Mountaineer, and my friend is the original owner of a Hilux and a Bruiser, however he is only going to be building his Bruiser at this time. His Hilux is 100% stock and only driven a couple of times. Its in mint condition and he needs to hold on to it for many years to come. Even the tires are in prefect condition!

I currently have 2.2 Moab tires on stock Mountaineer wheels, but I plan on switching to Hex 1.9 wheels because having 4.9" Moabs == 49" tires on a 1/10th scale, which is just too big.. I LOVE the Moabs, but alas, I am going to switch to 1.9s.

Moving along, ideally, we would like to find a set of 1.9 Goodyear MTR and a set of 1.9 Interco TrXus MT.

1) MTR:

Starting with the MTRs, Here is what I've found so far:

From what I've found, these are originally from Canada, and are available in the states through JAKKS toys (www.jakkspacific.com). A member here bought them on eBay for $25 from the member "suprasales", however suprasales is not currently listing them.

Further searching reveals that they can be found at most KB Toys stores, which is nice.

Anyone know what size these are? How about how soft is the rubber? They seem a bit on the small side, and also look to be pretty stiff rubber!
Here is a quote I found regarding these:
Quote:
The tires are a bit smaller than the stock high lift tires and are a bit firmer but the rubber is pretty stickey and I think it will grip very well in dirt, pavement, mud, and general trail running. The only thing I think it will perform worse at is rock crawling because there isnt too much sidewall flex.
Well, even if they don't do so well at Rock Crawling, I might still buy a set simply for the realism factor.

So if the JAKK MTR is not a good option or even the correct tire size, then my next choice would be the BFG Mud Terrains.

2) BFG

When I was younger my friend owned a Tamiya Toyota Prerunner that had them, and after searching the forums here, I have found the Tamiya part number of TAM9805481.

I've seen websites such as:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...uct-id=9805481
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...ducts_id=19829

But there are no pictures and I just wanted to be sure this is the BFG before I order, assuming I can not first find a set of 1.9 MTRs.

Can anyone chime in on the quality of the Tamiya BFG tire? How soft is the rubber? Unfortunately they seem pretty stiff with very little side wall:

3) So perhaps the Tamiya F-350 "Rock Cruiser M/T" tires are my best bet for 1.9 Rock Crawling. They are the correct size and I like the tread pattern. I would like to know how soft the rubber is and what the Tamiya part number is please. Thankyou very much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
The Hi-Lift tires are pretty stiff, but would likely respond well to cutting.
I believe Rpp Hobby sales them, but at first check, I cannot find them on their website.

4) Ok, regarding the Interco TrXus MT, I have seen a picture of an Interco TLS tire before, but I am pretty sure it was a 7" tall tire, not a 1.9 rim.

So perhaps this is going to be the closest match to the Interco's:

This picture was of course found at the following thread:
http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/sho...t=12334&page=4
These tires are pretty sweet, once I get over the headache of ordering overseas.

Here are some custom 1.9 TSL style:

Any thing else close to a TSL or TrXus MT in a 1.9 rim size? Thankyou very much guys!

For instance, where did this TLS (far left) come from?

It doesn't look custom.......... Here are some custom ones:

On the same thread as the silver Mercedes above, I found these Super Swampers:

They are just "ok" Not really a purist Rock Crawling tire, and they don't seem soft...

Just to cover some other tires, I really dislike the Mud slingers:

Our Mountaineers are being built for Rock Crawling, not Mud Bogging. My Mountaineer has a 707:1 Crawl Ratio, so it would be doing any over wet dirt. The Bruiser will have a comparable Crawl Ratio as well.

I see a lot of people running these tires:

Again, I am not really a Tractor Tire type guy, but just for information's sake, What are they, Who makes them, Where can I find a catalog ordering page for them?

How about these? Mini-landers? Any more info on them:

Of course I could always reduce my 2.2 Moabs to 1.9:

Not bad:

These are pretty sweet, Narrowed "Claw Dawgs":

Last edited by BigMike; 08-09-2007 at 10:19 PM.
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #2

Well, wow, that post sure turned into garbage

It seems I've asked and answered my own questions

I really do like these custom ones:

BUT, Right now, it looks like I will be going with the F-350 tires.

Does anyone know the part number for the F-350 tires?

Also, anyone know the part number for the mini Geo lander tires?

Thanks again
BigMike

Last edited by BigMike; 08-09-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #3
MODERATOR™

That was enjoyable.

Hi Lift tires:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPME2&P=Z
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #4

I just got home now, posted this thread right before I left the shop, and what I realized while riding home is that there is no 1.9 tire at this time that satisfies my needs.

:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post

Excellent, thankyou for this link! Looks like I will order a set tomorrow!

Regards,
BigMike
Old 08-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
MODERATOR™

Regards yourself Mike.

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:58 PM   #6
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

those goodyear mtrs, boggers and TSL are all jakks flywheels tires. hard and 1.7, but will fit on a 1.9 rim. roughly a 33 inch tall tire.
BFGs are 3.5 and i have had a pair that are soft and some that are hard! i think i have a soft knock off.
f350 tires are 3.7 tall and work really well but are kind of stiff. definatley siping is in order for performance.

the mini geolander tires are custom as well as the claw dawgs and the tractor tires are masher 2000. very good crawling tire
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #7

Thankyou on the measurements. We both are running 37" tires on our 1:1 rigs, so the F-350 tires are prefect.

I already have a huge parts list. It will feel good to finally place an order and resume work on my Mountaineer!
Old 08-10-2007, 12:24 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Another Big Mike??

You realize I'm gonna have to charge you royalties for the use of my name, right?

$250 for the rights, then $1 each time you post.

PM me for my Paypal addy, and I'll send you the appropriate documents...

I'm kidding dude - only 9 posts, where have you been hiding since 2005?

Last edited by Big Mike; 08-10-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #9
RCC Addict

should have went with the mud slingers, look at Obijuan's crew cab! and they're pretty soft too, from what I hear (never have owned a set, nothing to use them on)..Another option would be 1/18 nylint tires! theyre bigger than the jakks flywheels, but smaller than Highlift tires and they look awesome!
trickedoutTLT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:59 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
Another Big Mike??

You realize I'm gonna have to charge you royalties for the use of my name, right?

$250 for the rights, then $1 each time you post.

PM me for my Paypal addy, and I'll send you the appropriate documents...

I'm kidding dude - only 9 posts, where have you been hiding since 2005?
Two Big Mikes is too much. Maybe one of you could be Medium Mike.
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 01:26 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickedoutTLT06 View Post
should have went with the mud slingers, look at Obijuan's crew cab! and they're pretty soft too, from what I hear (never have owned a set, nothing to use them on)..Another option would be 1/18 nylint tires! theyre bigger than the jakks flywheels, but smaller than Highlift tires and they look awesome!
Regarding the mud slingers, I could always order up a set just to check them out, but its just that I hate Bogger tires in real life, I hate mud in real life, therefore I am pretty much prejudgemental on the mud slingers I have 1/8 and 1/18 scale Nylint tires here. The 1/18th are just too small...

As for BigMike, I am "the" BigMike Not Big Mike lol. I signed up and posted a couple regarding a DIY stick, but half way through my stick project I lost interest and never had time for R/C for about a year. Then I thought, "what the hell am I building a stick for when I've got a Mountaineer". I've never liked Clod axles because they are not connected: Different wheel speed occurs under different axle loading. Also, you can't gear them down enough for what I want, and I hate when something can't sit still on an incline on its own. I drove a buddies Clod powered R/C Crawler and I had to lay on the throttle just to keep it steady on a steep incline. Very annoying to me.

Well, enough about me, if you want to see more on my Mountaineer project, which I have not touched since MAY!! then direct your browser here: BigMike's Mountaineer Rebirth

I've got a lot more work to do on it, so perhaps I will start a project thread here as well and keep both threads updated.

Have a good weekend everyone. I'll be working on my 1:1 Crawler this weekend, no time for the Mountaineer *yet*

BigMike