Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: Is this the correct brake line?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
MrBurpsalot I am the guy you have been helping out on ebay (revorcracer). I finally got the right flux and now I'm off and running. What do you guys use for the bottom of the chassis? I was thinking flat stock around 1/2 in wide so holes can be drilled for different link mounts. Not sure how thick it should be or where to get it so any info would be great. OOOOOOOOOR, if you have a better idea please tell me. Should I just use the same tube and solder nuts to it?
Just make the lower half out more tubing! I start with a piece of tubing that is 7.5" long and ill cut "v" notches at all the points where I want to bend the tube and then I'll start bending it to the same shape of the AX10 side plates. When i have the correct angles, I braze it to the upper half and the proceed to braze together all the closed "v" notches.
After that, it is the ready to start brazing on the link mounts (from more tubing) in all the same locations as the AX10 uses.
Oh Yeah, for the link mounts I cut 4" pieces of tubing that run all the way across the frame, Then braze them on,
Then cut them off with off with a dremel wheel. It wastes alot of tubing, but trying to attatch those small pieces is next to impossible!

Another example:

Or just cheat and use flat plate stock with a bunch of holes drilled in it:

Last edited by Mr. Burpsalot; 03-08-2008 at 09:37 PM. Reason: wanted to add a pic as an example!
Mr. Burpsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links