Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: Tool box/ field box?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2010, 04:25 PM   #21
RCC Addict

this for my feild tools (from the pic it looks big but it's actually about the sive of a carpenter's bag)

http://www.tactical.com/police-equipment-bags.html

and this for my kits and extra tires

http://www.tactical.com/divers-travel-bags.html

they were leftovers from my airsoft days
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 01:07 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

I like this
letter "N"
ynmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANK View Post
see a lot of guys using thies... Your crawler sits nice in the bottom and you can keep the needed tools for any on site repair.
http://www.stanleytools.com/default....ile+Tool+Chest
My buddy uses one of these boxes too and he can put everything in it, crawler, ,radio, batteries, tools, charger and spare parts
jwalkerck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

maybe one of those guys with the fancy blue stars could make a ultimate rc pit bag......

maybe even with a rcc logo............
losilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I use an older version of this:

I put all my spares and some tools organized i nthe 3 lower big trays, and the nI have 3 smaller trays taht fit in a portion of the top taht have all my screws, nuts, washers, spacers, etc. Tools, charger or radio, and misc supplies go in the top as well. It keeps everything organized and sits right next to my bench in the shop so I dont have to pack and unpack everything all the time.
mxracer33x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #26
RCC Addict

I have that one for small parts and a larder one for tools. I can carry both of them and 3 trucks in a garden wagon I picked up at Home Depot with my radios squeezed in on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer33x View Post

I put all my spares and some tools organized i nthe 3 lower big trays, and the nI have 3 smaller trays taht fit in a portion of the top taht have all my screws, nuts, washers, spacers, etc. Tools, charger or radio, and misc supplies go in the top as well. It keeps everything organized and sits right next to my bench in the shop so I dont have to pack and unpack everything all the time.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #27

i use a aluminum breif case type tool kit with dividers
dinodbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer33x View Post

Yea I hve an old verson of that one to. it has all my T-maxx parts. Hoping for a new for Christamss, Santa Hint Hint
rockn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by toybuilder View Post
Looks like a nice truck, but I'd probably go with a 1-ton Dodge rig for my "would be" tool box. What do you actually use for a toolbox? I use this one, a Plano 737; it serves double duty for my crawlers and nitro helicopters:
I use the Plano 737 also. It's great. With some strategic placement, you can fit a charger, field battery, and possibly a radio in the top compartment. I had it done that way for a little while, but now the top just houses all sorts of random tools that won't fit in the drawers.
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:20 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Found this at Home depot.
The radio fits in a strap on the back and the crawler get a bungee cord around both axles on one side to the shoulder strap rings and it hangs off the back.
It has worked very well.

Typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:57 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

I've seen some ppl use skate board backpacks. Didnt know if anyone has seen that before. It would be hard to get all your stuff organized. It is cool to have your crawler straped to the backpack though.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:28 AM   #32
Rock Stacker

I'm in the military, so I wanted to mimic our foam cut-out toolboxes. I made a collection of tools that I thought were necessary, then found a plastic box about the size of a briefcase. It was an old aircraft system modification parts box. I found some foam around the shop and cut it to fit, then layed all of my essential tools out in an orderly fashion in the box. I cut everything out with a box cutter.

Now, when I go to the track, I just have to make sure all of the holes are filled and take off. It keeps my small parts box from opening up and spilling parts, too. It's just a field kit. I have another toolbox for benchwork.
BluFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

i use a stanley box i keep everything in it just in case dewalt drill with extra battery dremel tool extra motors esc's link parts even brazing stuff its basicly everything i bought when i got into the hobby so i wouldnt have to take tools out of my snap on box in the shop i have a small hobby shop in a box

txcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:51 AM   #34
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ran83 View Post
I use this one..
http://www.smartmarine.co.nz/images/...ckle%20box.jpg

3 large organizers in the bottom, 3 small ones on the right, 2 small top organizers and some room in the top for pliers and whatnot..
I use the same thing, originally for a nitro Revo and Jato along with a few parts for a mini baja.

There's room for a controller in the top and a motor with a couple of exhaust pipes. I no longer have any nitro vehicles so I'm going to modify that section to hold a charger. Would I be able to power a charger with lipo? There are a bunch of places I could tuck 5000mah packs in series.

The trays have all kinds of space for tools and parts. Each tray has a compartment big enough to hold an axial axle with various parts. I've got a full 1/4 socket and ratchet set along with various small pliers, cutters, and drivers. I need to get a nut driver set and a few other tools. I just carry the truck by the axles.

This is my Losi micro crawler tray.

EvilPlots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:50 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

For trails, I just take a hiking day pack and a few of those fishing lure boxes in it. Keeps my drinks, tools and camera just fine. On longer events, I'll take my 3 day bugout bag. I can carry all my stuff as well as my truck in it. 6200 ci of space works great. Looks something like this....

Last edited by NGreen; 12-24-2010 at 12:53 PM.
NGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

I use the next step down from this, but wish I got this one instead!

http://www.stanleytools.com/default....anleyGuard.htm
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

I use a Lift N Lock. http://www.pdysystems.com/
cherokee95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

i got a toolbox from kmart and then got some small tackle boxes... then i put a coat and some stuff in a pack and use caribeaners to attach it to my pack while im runnin round lookin for stuff to drive on works pretty decent
SILVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

i use this tacle box. i'm amazed at how much crap i can fit in here.

http://common2.csnimages.com/lf/8/ha...p+Roof+Box.jpg
16hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:56 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

This is the box/bag I just picked up as a gift from my wife. I'll get some actual picks of my setup up soon.

CLICK HERE

It's working out great. It has three plastic tackle boxes inside as well as a large compartment where I store my converted CPU power supply and IMAX charger. I have a 1" thick piece of foam on top of them and put my 4PK on top of that. On the back there is a LARGE mesh pocket that I keep my gate markers in. There is a small mesh pocket on the side that I store my LiPo's in so they can breathe and don't get damaged. The mesh on both of these pockets are rubber coated too. I keep my tool kit in the large pocket on the front of the bag. The tall and slim pocket on the other side of the bag is where I keep a few rags and misc. stuff. The plastic boxes inside the bag are where I keep screws, springs, soldering equipment, zip ties, heat shrink, wheel weights...etc. etc. etc.

Last edited by ittybitty; 12-28-2010 at 10:00 PM.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote