Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: New toolbox for travel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 09:39 AM   #1

Default New toolbox for travel

I've tried several toolboxes out and have never been happy with them. The one I use now is a fishing tackle box. Its not bad but I want more compartments. What are you using for a travel box? Pictures will help but I'll be just as happy with model and part numbers.
Thanks
Skipdog69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
RCC Addict

What you mean like... when your out running??? good ol back pack and clear fishing lure boxes makes great parts bins ...
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

IMO tackle boxes are the best for small parts and a handful of tools. I found this one in a walmart:

Sorry crappy cellphone pic (and don't mind the ammo box - thats just for random junk that doesn't fit in the tacklebox)
version_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

This is what I use

BFGcrawler418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFGcrawler418 View Post
This is what I use

this is what i use also.. i found a bigger one about the same size as this ^ and it came with a smaller one inside the bigger one. sweet kind of like a package deal.

mine have little compartments in the lid with a clear lid that snaps closed, its perfect for screws, alan wrenches, diff cups etc.. i will get some pictures of it today.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I almost bought this one

http://www.stanleytools.com/default....e+Work+Station

I use this one at work for my tools when I am on service calls. It would work great also, nice to be able to put your tools in the very top, parts in the middle section & crawler in the bottom compartment.
BFGcrawler418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #7

020800R - FatMax® 4-in-1 Mobile Work Station
That is a nice box
bbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

have a Plano 750 series...love it...and for 30 bucks...not bad

like this one. has drawers not boxes like V3 has.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

this is what im using now...i carry my tool puch in the front pocket. theres also a mesh zippered pocket in there that i keep a spare servo in its box, my vp star lube, etc. then theres a large compartment on the inside that i keep my cpu power box and battery charger in the bottom of. then i put a piece of foam on top of them and i put my 4pk in on top of them. on the other side of the main compartment are three 370 sized tackle boxes that i keep hardware, wiring, misc supplies, etc. in. i use the zippered pouch on the left to keep some rags and such in. the mesh pocket on the right side is where i keep my lipos. on the back there is a large mesh pocket that i keep around 10-15 sets of gate markers in. the biggest improvement i got with this bag was that i could put the 4pk in it, as well as the fact that it has a shoulder strap!

i bought mine from a local place called sportsmans warehouse HERE for $56.99. it is made by Rock River and is the 370 tray size. they also offer a 360 size but the 4pk wouldnt have fit. i couldnt find a nice enough picture that wasn't HUGE so here's a pic of the field and stream version of the same bag.

Last edited by ittybitty; 02-13-2011 at 11:46 PM.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:52 PM   #10
I joined the Band!

This is the one I picked up. It packs everything I need all inside of it. Great deal for $30 at Home Depot.

ballaholyk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #11

Has any one tired the Losi back pack? http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...odId=LOSA99012

I have been trying to find a good way to pack my crawler and remote in one bag or box for easy transport and I have yet to find a good bang for buck option. I am looking for more of a back pack to make it easy to take to remote locations for several hours of play time. Fitting a 2.2 in a bag is hard without going huge on the bag.

I am thinking a large tool/tackle box for at home with all the extra stuff then a back pack with the field stuff and extra batteries.

So more information on what people use would be apreciated.
Eric_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #12

Has any one tired the Losi back pack? Does it fit a 2.2 comp crawler with remote in it?

I am trying to find a good travel method for mine with room for the tools and remote.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:03 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

i use a skateboard pack for hauling my tools/stuff for quick fixes..
the toolbox stays in the truck,for those nasty repairs.
fits 3 med fishing tackle cases in the main compartment..
the 2 buckles strap @ the axles..
and plenty of other compartments for smaller tool cases.
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_M View Post
Has any one tired the Losi back pack? Does it fit a 2.2 comp crawler with remote in it?

I am trying to find a good travel method for mine with room for the tools and remote.
have you tried a small hockey style bag?? dad and i use a small hockey bag for lawnmower racing and its the perfect size for us. i need to get a little bigger one this year though.

my dad can fit a full face motocross helmet, chest protector, neck brace, spare parts like belts and crap. then it has pockets on the side where he puts a spare litre of oil and crap.

you would be easily able to fit your rig, radio, spare tires, servo's in there just fine.

for my nitro savage i use a shallow rubbermaid container and it works good, its probably 2' long by 20 or so inches wide and 6-8" deep. i can fit 4 nitro sized tires, a small tool box thats like 6" wide by 12" long, radio, 1 gallon jug of nitro fuel all side by side.. there's no stacking.. i dont put my rig in anything when out travelling or RC'ing.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:02 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX10wannabe View Post
have you tried a small hockey style bag?? dad and i use a small hockey bag for lawnmower racing and its the perfect size for us. i need to get a little bigger one this year though.

my dad can fit a full face motocross helmet, chest protector, neck brace, spare parts like belts and crap. then it has pockets on the side where he puts a spare litre of oil and crap.

you would be easily able to fit your rig, radio, spare tires, servo's in there just fine.

for my nitro savage i use a shallow rubbermaid container and it works good, its probably 2' long by 20 or so inches wide and 6-8" deep. i can fit 4 nitro sized tires, a small tool box thats like 6" wide by 12" long, radio, 1 gallon jug of nitro fuel all side by side.. there's no stacking.. i dont put my rig in anything when out travelling or RC'ing.

I might end up trying something like that. I just like the idea of having my hands empty or close to it. Then I can carry other things into the crawling spot.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

I got a Stanley box like this one:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
Attached Images

MonkeyRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:31 AM   #17

I travel alot with mine and this is the route I'm going........It is the Pelican Case....
Attached Images

newmexicocrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:14 AM   #18

back in the when we had on road races i used to use the plano phantom pro

and now when we have our monster truck races i use klien tool box

Last edited by bigchad; 03-01-2011 at 02:18 AM.
bigchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:13 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaholyk84 View Post
This is the one I picked up. It packs everything I need all inside of it. Great deal for $30 at Home Depot.

I have one of these and it's great, thinking about picking up another one. mine, on the bottom compartment, it has 6 big removable buckets or you can take the 6 compartments out, for carrying a drill, like it shows
nice thing about it is, if you shut the top lid and pull up on the handle, it locks the bottom compartment.....so when you pick it up without latching the clamps, all you parts don't come flying out
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote