Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: Aluminum tubing. Where to buy????!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Aluminum tubing. Where to buy????!!!

Anybody have an Idea of where i can buy this stuff??? I bought the last 2 12" sticks of 1/4"x.035 from the hobby shop last week. and He waits to order more to save on shipping cost.

I Have checked:

Ace hardware
Menards
Tru Value hardware
Other hobby shops
Home Depot

And came up with nothing. i may have to take a drive to a bigger hobby shop to find some.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
Yashua

ACE HARDWARE IS MY LOCAL SOURCE FOR METALS AND HARDWARE, AFTER THAT McMASTER CARR.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:06 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Tower Hobbies has various sizes of aluminum tubing in 12" lengths.
As mentioned, McMaster-Carr is an industrial supply house with a lot of different types of tubing.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Most "where to buy" hardware threads end with mcmaster.com.

You'd think there would be a sticky on the subject.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

My local Orchard Supply is the best local source for metal although their stock is limited but I can usually find something to at least hold me over until I can get the exact stuff I want online.

You could also try Grainger or Fastenall...If they have a local store you can order stuff there and save on the shipping. McMaster is a great place if you are looking for something unusual, they have everything!
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
RCC Addict

"If McMaster don't have it... no one will"

I use "Enco" {outlet store for MSC, and have had REAL good results with their Delrin and aluminum}, Onlinemetals.com is good but the last time I got some 1/2" diameter aluminum I got the cheapest stuff they had and it wasn't to good for what I wanted

Do note with McMaster that they won't say how much shipping is till you get it... but if you want it fast they are the people to go
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
"If McMaster don't have it... no one will"

I use "Enco" {outlet store for MSC, and have had REAL good results with their Delrin and aluminum}, Onlinemetals.com is good but the last time I got some 1/2" diameter aluminum I got the cheapest stuff they had and it wasn't to good for what I wanted

Do note with McMaster that they won't say how much shipping is till you get it... but if you want it fast they are the people to go

Yeah i noticed that they didnt give me a shipping cost. always worrie about signing up and stuff to find out shipping. end up paying for something i didnt want lol I'll have to give them a call tomarrow and get a price, I did find it for a great price tho. $3 for 36" thats pleanty for me. Just wondering on shipping cost. probly like $10
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

onlinemetals.com would be another good place to check. I frequently buy from them and their service is top notch!
billybob_81067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
Yeah i noticed that they didnt give me a shipping cost. always worrie about signing up and stuff to find out shipping. end up paying for something i didnt want lol I'll have to give them a call tomarrow and get a price, I did find it for a great price tho. $3 for 36" thats pleanty for me. Just wondering on shipping cost. probly like $10
It is weird that they dont give you the shipping upfront but their ground shipping is usually reasonable. I think it is actually more reasonable than if they gave it to you upfront because they do it by the package rather than a flat rate that is inflated to make sure they cover their costs.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote