RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tools, and Procedures (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tools-procedures/)
-   -   Custom Machined Parts (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tools-procedures/353469-custom-machined-parts.html)

CountryChevy15 12-12-2011 05:04 PM

Custom Machined Parts

Does anyone on here do custom machining? I need some custom axle ends and know what i want/need BUT have absolutely no way to make the parts myself unless i rig something up.

Crawling Calvin 12-12-2011 06:36 PM

Ive done it before. How complex is it? I am just working on getting my mill's overhaul done. It is a few switches away from working "thumbsup"

What material is it and blueprints are really helpful when requesting machining help FYI "thumbsup"

CountryChevy15 12-12-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin (Post 3439569)
Ive done it before. How complex is it? I am just working on getting my mill's overhaul done. It is a few switches away from working "thumbsup"

What material is it and blueprints are really helpful when requesting machining help FYI "thumbsup"

I would have to sketch up my plans. Working on narrowing my axial axles and basically need the end of the straight axle piece but shorter. Really could just take a set of aluminum ones and mill out the inside to fit over the axle housing. BUT ill start some sketches and let you know when its done.

Crawling Calvin 12-12-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryChevy15 (Post 3439580)
I would have to sketch up my plans. Working on narrowing my axial axles and basically need the end of the straight axle piece but shorter. Really could just take a set of aluminum ones and mill out the inside to fit over the axle housing. BUT ill start some sketches and let you know when its done.

Ok. I think I understand what you mean. In the end its a case of "looks vs performance." It would be cool to make some in 7075 to slide easier or 303 stainless but that would be a pain to machine on a Sherline :ror:

Once I see the blueprints I can make a nice CAD drawing if you want "thumbsup"

CountryChevy15 12-12-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin (Post 3439600)
Ok. I think I understand what you mean. In the end its a case of "looks vs performance." It would be cool to make some in 7075 to slide easier or 303 stainless but that would be a pain to machine on a Sherline :ror:

Once I see the blueprints I can make a nice CAD drawing if you want "thumbsup"

Im in the process of sketching things up. It wont be too pretty but hopefully youll get the idea.

Crawling Calvin 12-12-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryChevy15 (Post 3439609)
Im in the process of sketching things up. It wont be too pretty but hopefully youll get the idea.

Long as I know the important stuff I think ill be good :mrgreen:

Im used to very simple sketches being handed to me and then being told "ok can you make this" its common :ror:

CountryChevy15 12-12-2011 07:18 PM

PM Sent

Charlie-III 12-13-2011 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin (Post 3439624)
Long as I know the important stuff I think I'll be good :mrgreen:

I'm used to very simple sketches being handed to me and then being told "ok can you make this" its common :ror:

HAHAHAHAHA.....:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:, yep, been there done that.;-)

Die-Laughing 12-13-2011 09:09 PM

Only after Crawling Calvin has looked over your blueprints and possibly decides he may not want to take on the job, send them my way and I'll take a look.

Thanks.

CountryChevy15 12-13-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by die-laughing (Post 3442827)
Only after Crawling Calvin has looked over your blueprints and possibly decides he may not want to take on the job, send them my way and I'll take a look.

Thanks.

Talked with him last night. Plans have been understood and $$ has been sent.

Appreciate the offer for help.

im2tall 12-14-2011 05:53 AM

Mike Hesse is the man!!

You can check out his website and email from there or send him a pm on rcmt.net he does any custom work you need he uses the best equipment and materials !!It'll cost a little more than something made with cheap materials and shotty workmanship !Best off all if your rig is out of production he can remake the parts needed!!

foratm 12-14-2011 07:33 AM

I run a cnc mill and laith I sent a pm with my contact info.

Charlie-III 12-15-2011 10:24 AM

Re: Custom Machined Parts

I do work, but only for GSRCRC guys (my local club), myself & my son. I don't have a vendor star here and don't want to piss off the mods.:shock:8)