Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: Trakpower Clean-n-lube Combo Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Trakpower Clean-n-lube Combo Info

A few weeks ago, I won the Trakpower Clean-n-lube Combo Giveaway and I figured I'd post up my thoughts on these products.

J-dawg shipped out the combo quickly and it was waiting for me upon my return from ECC.....which was perfect as I had a really dirty scaler from the Scale Dash.

Here is what arrived:

And here is the scaler that needs some cleaning:

The instructions say to use the Pink bottle first (can be done with or without water), then the Blue bottle (only requires spraying it off with compressed air). These bottles are rather large compared to the amount that was needed on this truck (only a few sprays from each bottle). The blue bottle says that it will leave a coating on the parts to help repel dirt.

I figured this would get messy so I did this in my garage over the sink.

Here is the axle after simply spraying on the pink stuff:

I rinsed as much off with water as I could, then let it dry for a few minutes. Then I sprayed on the blue stuff and got out the air compressor and blew off the excess.

These chemicals arent very harsh and dont have a strong odor to them at all.....which I like. They also didnt seem to damage, distort or discolor any of the materials on this truck.

Here are some after pictures:

Since I had the axles apart, I decided to pull the universals and use the Trakpower dry lube on them. The instructions say to apply to clean parts and wipe off excess then allow to dry. I sprayed these shafts off with brake parts cleaner then applied the lube. Again, no strong odor (it actually smells somewhat like coconuts).

I reassembled everything:

A shot of the trans (I only used the blue spray on this):

And a shot after drying overnight:

There appears to be no residue left on any of the parts that I cleaned and the truck doesn't smell like chemicals at all.

I'm a happy camper! Thanks J-dawg and Trakpower!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
No idea what I'm doing

Default Re: Trakpower Clean-n-lube Combo Info

Very cool...I might have to grab a pack of this. Did you try it out on the wheels/tires? It doesn't look like it in the pictures. Just wondering how they would look/feel/perform afterwards.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Naw, I didn't do anything to the wheels and tires...it was getting late and I was getting tired. If anything, I'd use ONLY the pink on the tires....
Old 05-09-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Jeremy,
Glad you like it.

I like to use the pink for cleaning grease and dirt and then use the blue and blast it off with an air compressor. It leaves the plastic parts with a like new shine

If you are cleaning comp tires, use the pink. If it is for a scaler, I would use the blue. The pink just cleans and the blue shines.

J
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the tips on the tires Jdawg!

Trakpower Clean-n-lube Combo Info - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GIVEAWAY!! Trakpower Power Supply jdawg53 General Crawlers 136 05-11-2012 10:45 PM
Giveaway TRAKPOWER Clean-n-Lube Combo jdawg53 Tools, and Procedures 65 05-03-2012 02:32 PM
the tranny, to lube or not to lube that is the question... cliffdawg Team Losi Comp Crawler 11 04-13-2011 03:07 PM
R2Ds- Lube? - Monster Lube worth it? gr33nlite Tamiya TLT Crawlers 2 12-14-2007 09:00 AM