RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tools, and Procedures (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tools-procedures/)
-   -   Hex Drivers? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tools-procedures/426084-hex-drivers.html)

JohnB 01-31-2013 11:05 AM

Hex Drivers?

It seems I killed the last thread where I posted this question. :oops:

Anyway, by reading through the hex driver threads, the Dynamite hexes appear to be pretty popular for the price. Does anyone have any opinions or experiences with Duratrax tools? I'm also considering the Duratrax DTRX0292. Duratrax® Ultimate Tools

The Duratrax set is about the same price as the Dynamite DYN3080, my other current option.
Dynamite RC: Machined Hex Driver Set (4) Metric: Dynamite (DYN3080)

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

kansei 01-31-2013 11:51 AM

Re: Hex Drivers?

I dont have experience with them but both appear to be good . I use a Mactools ratcheting bit driver and bits , I never went for the hobby stuff since i use mostly Mac and Snap on tools @ work everyday .

Rjohn929 02-03-2013 01:58 PM

I had the Duratrax for years before they wore out, then I went with Hudy. I feel the Hudy tools are fragile and break easy. Broke two of them the first week, should have bought the Duratrax again. Also, actually getting Hudy to ship the tools is a process as their CS isn't very good and they don't keep an accurate inventory on their website. I recently bought a few Thorp drivers and so far they have been the best. "thumbsup"

Tmaxxed 02-04-2013 02:50 PM

I have the losi drivers and couldn't be happier with them. I've had them for 7 years and the tips are not wore at all. I use them alot to. I buy and sell rcs all the time sonkm always wrenching on them. A friend of mine bought the dynamite ones and they are showing wear on the tips from around a years use. Losi ones are more expensive but they will last a long time.

NOTErized!

bigstu 02-04-2013 03:05 PM

I have had Losi and Axial Hex drivers.
The losi worked great and I still use them to this day.
The axial drivers are a little bigger and I LOVE the longer tips. But sadly, they are not available any longer.
So if you can find a set, pick them up or tell me where they are, I'll buy them...

difflocker 02-04-2013 07:11 PM

I have Axial hex & nut drivers. I searched high and low for them. They are AWESOME! I love the handles. I have also had the Losi drivers but eventually sold them because the were too short for some applications. MIP drivers are quality units also. They will even regrind the tips for free if they round out.

Meatwad 02-04-2013 08:50 PM

I've got the associated set of hex bits. Snapped off the .050" tip after a long while, the rest have been awesome.

bigstu 02-06-2013 03:03 PM

Did some digging, if you love the Axial drivers, take a look at these. Not cheap, but might be worth it in the long run.

TowerHobbies.com | O.S. 10-Piece Speed Driver Tool Set
TowerHobbies.com | O.S. Speed Hex Wrench Ball Driver 2.0mm

A little cheaper, and I will be testing these shortly.
TowerHobbies.com | Thunder Tiger Hex Driver 2.0x120mm

KBrog 02-06-2013 06:56 PM

Integy sell a good set with the TiN tips.

scorpiondave 02-06-2013 07:05 PM

Axial metric hex drivers are still available. TowerHobbies.com | Axial Metric Hex Driver Set (5)

josh6575 02-06-2013 07:51 PM

I like wiha products.

JandG 02-18-2013 08:42 PM

Amazon.com: Precision Screwdriver and Bit Set T4 T5 T6 to T20 33 Pcs: Power & Hand Tools

I picked mine up at HF. Worth every penny and more!!

AddictedtoRC1 02-18-2013 09:42 PM

I agree with KBrog. Integy actually makes a decent set with Ti nitride tips. I had a set for the longest time before passing them on to a buddy. Now I have a set of EDS Tools drivers. They are similar to the O.S. ones posted above, but in red. I have no complaints and the size indicating rings on the handle come in real handy when you've got a bunch lying on the bench and need to grab one. Replacement tips are farily inexspensive as well.

RC TOOLS AND ACCESSORIES - EDS RACING PRODUCTS ONLINE STORE

NorCal 2500HD 02-21-2013 03:28 AM

Ive had my Integys for about 8 years now and only have had 2 tips break...probably one of the better products they make.

BDR 02-21-2013 03:31 AM

EDS mate, just go and buy a set and be happy:mrgreen:

Do not EVER compare Integy or Duratrax to high end tools:lmao:

I used to run both as drivers and nut drivers, and neither holds a candle to EDS:flipoff:

Johnnysplits 03-02-2013 07:01 PM

MIP thorp

Hoyta 03-06-2013 06:55 AM

I've had my integy tools for 6 years or so. Broke one tip, and my Lhs has replacement. Great tools imo

JohnB 03-12-2013 06:25 AM

Thanks to everyone who responded! I ended up purchasing the Integy drivers with the Ti-nitride tips. Got 1.5mm, 2.0mm and 2.5mm for less than $25.00 shipped. Pretty happy so far; seem to be well made and the tips are sharp. Way, way better than the collection of miscellaneous hex wrenches that I had been using.

Thanks again! "thumbsup"

NorCal 2500HD 03-16-2013 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnB (Post 4225041)
Thanks to everyone who responded! I ended up purchasing the Integy drivers with the Ti-nitride tips. Got 1.5mm, 2.0mm and 2.5mm for less than $25.00 shipped. Pretty happy so far; seem to be well made and the tips are sharp. Way, way better than the collection of miscellaneous hex wrenches that I had been using.

Thanks again! "thumbsup"

Nice. Did you get the smooth handled ones or knurled? If you got the smooths, dip em in some plastidip, adds a slight bit of grip to em...

Jacksprogis 03-16-2013 05:33 PM

I've found that i get through EDS 2mm tips on a monthly basis , I do love them though .
Jack.