Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: CowRC Quick Tip: Showroom Shine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 09:49 AM   #1

Default CowRC Quick Tip: Showroom Shine

CowRC Web Rep (aka Budhatrain) here with a CowRC quick tip! Everybody knows that great looking cars go faster… Believe it or not, there is a right way and a wrong way to make that rig look right. CowRc Moo-Slick silicone spray is a lubricant, protector, and release agent and unaffected by water and oils. Perfect to make that body shine for concourse awards

First, you can’t just grab any shop rag or even your cotton t-shirt to do the job right. These probably have hidden debris that will actually scratch up the outside of your lexan body. You will especially notice these little marks with dark painted vehicles. Micro-fiber towels are perfect! I spray moo-slick into the micro-fiber towel and wipe the vehicle down. The reason I don’t spray directly onto the lexan is to prevent any fogging or other defects the cold aerosol in the can might create. When done right, the body looks right. Woo Hoo!

The CowRC Moo-slick will even give your body a protective coating so water/dirt will be deflected while bashing. When entering concourse and show-n-shine contests, I wipe the sidewalls of my tires with Moo-slick for a detailed look. I don’t do the tire threads because I don’t want to lose traction when racing

Share with us your looking-good show-stopper! Pictured below is a winning retro truck that won a concourse award, right after I wiped it down with CowRc Moo-slick.

CowRC Web Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2014, 10:48 AM   #2

Default Re: CowRC Quick Tip: Showroom Shine

So, PLEDGE? Or a can of PAM? Lol... We use pledge in the mountain bike world. The shine Looks good, and dirt and mud don't stick!
Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #3

Default Re: CowRC Quick Tip: Showroom Shine

Hey Fishy! yes Pledge does clean the cars Amazingly wel! and come in great scents lol! Thanks for your support!
CowChick is offline   Reply With Quote

CowRC Quick Tip: Showroom Shine - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CowRC Quick Tip: transporting your magnetic mats CowRC Web Rep Tools, and Procedures 0 11-20-2013 09:35 AM
Heres a quick tip on wheel weights LoGaN14 Tires and Wheels 7 03-01-2012 05:59 PM
Showroom stock 90's ford F350 dually crewcab longbox! cloddyman 1.9 Scale Rigs 17 05-25-2011 08:48 PM
Quick reassembly tip MD-20/20 Tamiya Clod Buster 0 08-01-2007 04:45 PM