Notices

Thread: Terrific New Helping Hand "ThirdHandMan" for Soldering

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Terrific New Helping Hand "ThirdHandMan" for Soldering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainanator View Post
This thing looks amazing. I was almost about to fall into the trap of buying a conventional "helping hands", which would have been better than my current "rubber band around pliers" system. Added this to my wishlist for sure!
Once you do decide to buy one, I hope you will post back here whether you actually like it. I know that several people have ordered one based on my original review. None have posted back yet. I don't know if that's good news or bad. I'm gonna go with good. I'd hate to steer anyone wrong. I'd like to believe that this tool is as useful to others as it is to me.

Anyone who has purchased this tool, I'd love to hear whether you are happy with it.
MailManX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2014, 03:31 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MailManX View Post
Once you do decide to buy one, I hope you will post back here whether you actually like it. I know that several people have ordered one based on my original review. None have posted back yet. I don't know if that's good news or bad. I'm gonna go with good. I'd hate to steer anyone wrong. I'd like to believe that this tool is as useful to others as it is to me.

Anyone who has purchased this tool, I'd love to hear whether you are happy with it.

I bought one and use it all the time now. Highly recommended. Makes in truck soldering jobs much easier.
skerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:44 PM   #23

Quote:

i got one, havent used it yet but i can tell you its a vast improvement over the el-cheapo radio shack helping hand setup.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by skerb View Post
Makes in truck soldering jobs much easier.

That was one of the main things I noticed. It can reach over and around things nicely while sitting on the bench beside the truck.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
That was one of the main things I noticed. It can reach over and around things nicely while sitting on the bench beside the truck.
This is what I'm mainly looking forward to. Being able to leave something attached to the rig while I solder it together. When I saw your photo of the hands reaching up into the rig I knew I was sold on it, lol. Batteries and loose connectors are usually not a problem with the old fashioned tools.
Brainanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #26

Thank you for the great review MailManX... and all the kind comments, if you have a custom clamp you'd like on my Third Hand throw the idea by me and I'll see if I can fit an arm with it, besides the alligator clips and large clips I also attach stork cross locking pliers.

Thanks again!
DirtRider52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:12 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtRider52 View Post
Thank you for the great review MailManX... and all the kind comments, if you have a custom clamp you'd like on my Third Hand throw the idea by me and I'll see if I can fit an arm with it, besides the alligator clips and large clips I also attach stork cross locking pliers.

Thanks again!
Hey Bob,

My pleasure! It's easy to write about a product that impresses me. I love using the Third Hand Man tool that you designed and sell. The new arm you sent to me with the stork attachment is my favorite. The length and slenderness of the stork pliers allows them to reach farther and into narrower places. They are also more tolerant of high heat soldering with a butane torch. Since the flexible arms are plastic, it's good to keep the heat further from the arms. However, I've used the butane torch with the regular alligator clips without any problem.

To to the other RCC Forum members: Bob takes custom orders in addition to what you see on his ebay listings. I highly recommend The stork plier attachment on at least one of the four arms. You can also order extra arms with various different attachments since they are so easily interchangeable on the base. Screw one out and another one in by hand in just seconds. I have a total of five arms for the one base.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:22 PM   #28
mrG
RCC Addict

Thanks for posting the find. I just ordered one.
mrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:59 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrG View Post
Thanks for posting the find. I just ordered one.
I hope it works well for you! I still use mine regularly and love it as much now as when I first started using it.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #30

thanks for the review. out to pick one up now.
gambit023 is offline   Reply With Quote

Terrific New Helping Hand "ThirdHandMan" for Soldering - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electronics Soldering temperatures... 60/40 vs. "lead free"... what to use? Charlie-III Electronics 22 01-06-2014 10:19 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
My Dingo "Pinky"-My Husband is helping me build it :) ProjectSCX10's|Wife Axial SCX-10 21 11-08-2012 01:32 PM
Where can I pickup a "third hand" soldering tool? BigB_117 Tools, and Procedures 28 04-16-2009 06:51 PM