Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: Fasteners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 08:27 AM   #1

Default Fasteners

All:

I've searched the web and can't seem to locate a good kit for 1/10 scale screws/fasteners. I'd like a solid kit that gives me options of screw sizes, along with nuts and washers, etc.

Trying to find better ways to fasten things like scale accessories to bodies/racks without using expoxy, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
BIGBADBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2017, 08:40 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Fasteners

KNK sells quality hardware in either vehicle specific kits or bulk assortments.

If I need a lot of hardware, I buy through either Bolt Depot or Albany County Fasteners. They have more reasonable shipping costs on relatively small orders that other industrial suppliers.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:50 AM   #3

Avoid RC Screwz. That guy is an asshole if you need anything made right. My kit was short a lot of stuff and I emailed him and he got defensive and scolded me. He eventually sent the screws to me, but not without a lot of attitude.

If you want a kit for a specific vehicle KNK is OK. Their hardware really isn't the best.

What I do is I go through the manual of the vehicle and I go to McMaster-Carr and order the stuff I need. You can get screws much cheaper there!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:53 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I have used Screw Loose Hardware - Bulk Screws For The R/C tool Box before with good results.
Chiphead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:17 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

KNK sells both black and SS, I don't care for SS, but if cost is an issue KNK rocks

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:07 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Don't by fasteners from some RC company. First they are RC companies and don't get the fasteners made for some certain spec. All they do is buy them bulk repackage them and sell them to you for 3 times the price.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Don't by fasteners from some RC company. First they are RC companies and don't get the fasteners made for some certain spec. All they do is buy them bulk repackage them and sell them to you for 3 times the price.
Exactly!

https://www.mcmaster.com/ all day every day.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:51 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Exactly!

https://www.mcmaster.com/ all day every day.

People are stupid when it comes to buying things. I hate seeing those prices, and personally would never buy anything from one of those companies. I see it as taking advantage of someone who doesn't know the right questions to ask.

I use Albany fasteners and McMaster Carr frequently. The only problem with McMaster is they do not give you the shipping till afterward. I never had any issues with the shipping rates, I just know some people don't like to buy without knowing the whole costs.

Even better they are completely redoing an already great website. It should have even more information.

Did you ever look at their rod ends?
Old 05-23-2017, 10:56 AM   #9

Quote:
People are stupid when it comes to buying things. I hate seeing those prices, and personally would never buy anything from one of those companies. I see it as taking advantage of someone who doesn't know the right questions to ask.

I use Albany fasteners and McMaster Carr frequently. The only problem with McMaster is they do not give you the shipping till afterward. I never had any issues with the shipping rates, I just know some people don't like to buy without knowing the whole costs.

Even better they are completely redoing an already great website. It should have even more information.

Did you ever look at their rod ends?
The fastener companies do offer a service. They sort through the manuals and sell you the exact screws needed to replace every one and they include a cheap case. There is some value in that, but I agree that it's much cheaper and very simple to do it yourself. People are lazy and they pay for convenience. People pay $10 for a coffee drink these days. They are OK with wasting money.

Yes, that is odd about McMaster-Carr's shipping policy, but the price has always been low for me and the items arrive the same week.

No, I didn't know they had rod ends. I'll have to look and see if I can find them!
Old 05-23-2017, 11:05 AM   #10
RCC Addict

https://www.mcmaster.com/#rod-ends/=17r45z5

look through them. The male ends are interesting. No all thread needed.

Can't figure out if it is a price per each or a package size.

They have u joints for making your own drive shafts also.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:21 AM   #11

Quote:
https://www.mcmaster.com/#rod-ends/=17r45z5

look through them. The male ends are interesting. No all thread needed.

Can't figure out if it is a price per each or a package size.

They have u joints for making your own drive shafts also.
Oh yes, I have seen those. I've never purchased any though. They're expensive.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:03 PM   #12

thx for the feedback, everyone.
BIGBADBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:55 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
I 100% agree. Fasteners RC companies only convenient to newbie or someone who lack of experience like me. They are just convenient though.
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:26 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
I 100% agree. Fasteners RC companies only convenient to newbie or someone who lack of experience like me. They are just convenient though.
I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or sincere, if the later you can get the list of hardware each axial kit uses in the back of the manual, which is located on their site.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:25 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
I'm not sure if your being sarcastic or sincere, if the later you can get the list of hardware each axial kit uses in the back of the manual, which is located on their site.
I am truly sincere here( dare not to sarcastic ) I used to an active member in home-barista, I remember owner of the forum was always remind members must always have a positive, good attitude and words of encouragement. As we come to build one to another here.

And yes, all the information already printed on the manual, however I have just no idea where can I find these screws in my local shop or maybe I was being to to lazy to find.

As English was not my first language, sometime I just could not express my full meaning here or I just created some misunderstood here. if so, please accept my sincere apologies here.

Thank you guys being patient with me
Old 05-24-2017, 06:20 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
I am truly sincere here( dare not to sarcastic ) I used to an active member in home-barista, I remember owner of the forum was always remind members must always have a positive, good attitude and words of encouragement. As we come to build one to another here.

And yes, all the information already printed on the manual, however I have just no idea where can I find these screws in my local shop or maybe I was being to to lazy to find.

As English was not my first language, sometime I just could not express my full meaning here or I just created some misunderstood here. if so, please accept my sincere apologies here.

Thank you guys being patient with me
Just a tip of information - we are very sarcastic and not always positive on this site. Just keep that in mind when reading the responses.

I would think your country has some sort of industrial supply companies where you can get screws and things like that.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:00 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

I just go to my local screw shop. Luckily I got one half a km from my place. They gots everything, only problem is they don't have short M2 hex bolts but that's why man invented cutting tools.

Sometimes when I'm buying stuff online I'll add a pack of screws or similar hardware if it's discounted.
Ninomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:40 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Don't forget the poster is not in the US, where metric is readily available or the E.U where metric is standard.

Malaysia, not to long ago, began the switch from British Imperial to the metric system. I would guess 3mm hardware isn't a commonly carried item.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:34 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Great RcCrawler, great forum, nice guys ( a lot of helping and cool tips here ) Thank you rccrawler.com
Old 07-01-2017, 01:31 AM   #20

Hexcrews makes some of the best hardware out. It can be expensive but if you buy their Sets of multiple sizes you can't go wrong. They offer 12.9 grade black oxide coated and also nickle plated armored hardware. Most are socket head or flat head screws. No button heads are sold. The only thing is their website has been under construction for a while and nothing about when it will be done.
Basherman61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Fasteners - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC Fasteners (Screws) What Would YOU Like To See David F General Crawlers 28 02-07-2013 08:14 PM
Junk Fasteners Tractortug Venom Creeper 13 03-26-2010 10:43 PM
3mm fasteners dezu Axial AX-10 Scorpion 8 09-09-2008 06:05 PM