Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures
Loading

Notices

Thread: 3d printer for rc parts

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2020, 01:10 PM   #1181
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deep in the Everglades
Posts: 5,668
Default 3d printer for rc parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxPain View Post
I bought it from a Lesu dealer on Facebook. The guy was great to deal with. Super fast shipping from Hong Kong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

LESU=$$$$$= Good Stuff!
Is that the RD-A0002 ?

Hang up and Drive

Last edited by mikemcE; 11-08-2020 at 01:13 PM.
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2020, 02:58 PM   #1182
Rock Crawler
 
MaxxPain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bay Area (RWC)
Posts: 535
Default Re: 3d printer for rc parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
LESU=$$$$$= Good Stuff!
Is that the RD-A0002 ?

Hang up and Drive

Yes, pretty cool kit. I still trying to get use to driving it. I tend to forget which way does what.
MaxxPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 03:13 PM   #1183
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: US
Posts: 1,884
Default Re: 3d printer for rc parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxPain View Post
Yes, pretty cool kit. I still trying to get use to driving it. I tend to forget which way does what.
On your Tx, did you remember to reverse the steering servo channel? With traditional front steering, left is left, and right is right. But, with rear steering, left is right so that it turns left, and right is left so that it turns right.


~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:04 PM   #1184
Rock Crawler
 
MaxxPain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bay Area (RWC)
Posts: 535
Default Re: 3d printer for rc parts

I did reverse it and I found it didn't completely solve my problem. I have the steering and throttle on the right stick. Up and down and Tilt on the left stick. Then, if you happen to have a Tamiya Rig with the MFU Sound kit, you have to remember all those stick moves. I think more seat time will solve it.
MaxxPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:23 PM   #1185
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: The Garden State, North of I-80
Posts: 421
Default Re: 3d printer for rc parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxPain View Post
I bought it from a Lesu dealer on Facebook. The guy was great to deal with. Super fast shipping from Hong Kong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
LESU=$$$$$= Good Stuff!
Is that the RD-A0002 ?

Hang up and Drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxPain View Post
Yes, pretty cool kit. I still trying to get use to driving it. I tend to forget which way does what.
WHOA! Real hydrolics!!! No wonder the big bucks!

https://www.rclesu.com/index.php?c=c...&a=show&id=449
Kingmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:29 PM   #1186
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deep in the Everglades
Posts: 5,668
Default Re: 3d printer for rc parts

Lesu details are incredible.
Always a top shelf build!

Do you have a build thread?


Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 05:17 PM   #1187
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: US
Posts: 1,884
Default Re: 3d printer for rc parts

I wish I could remember what YouTube channel, but someone did a multi-episode build of a Lesu forklift. Not my thing...but, the actual buildin of it looked cool.


~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 05:23 PM   #1188
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deep in the Everglades
Posts: 5,668
Default Re: 3d printer for rc parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
I wish I could remember what YouTube channel, but someone did a multi-episode build of a Lesu forklift. Not my thing...but, the actual buildin of it looked cool.


~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

RC Sparks?

https://youtu.be/ZupDhL4FZoM


Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:21 PM   #1189
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: US
Posts: 1,884
Default Re: 3d printer for rc parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
RC Sparks?

https://youtu.be/ZupDhL4FZoM


Hang up and Drive
BINGO!!! That's it...thanks for the assistance/reminder.


~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 11:34 PM   #1190
Rock Crawler
 
MaxxPain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bay Area (RWC)
Posts: 535
Default Re: 3d printer for rc parts

I have some video when I first got it together. I didn't do a build thread. I should of thinking about all the stuff/questions I tracked down. The RC Sparks video was super helpful. Especially programing the remote. I made another version to the pallet and added side loading openings. I print these upside down and now noticed the right corner is lifting just a tad on the print bed.




MaxxPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 12:10 PM   #1191
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Hills
Posts: 539
Default Re: 3d printer for rc parts

Finally talked myself into ordering my 1st printer. Bought a Creality3D Upgraded Ender-3 V2. Hope to be making parts soon. I've welded stuff up for years but this will be a new venture for me.
terrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:48 AM   #1192
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Murphy
Posts: 518
Default Re: 3d printer for rc parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrible View Post
Finally talked myself into ordering my 1st printer. Bought a Creality3D Upgraded Ender-3 V2. Hope to be making parts soon. I've welded stuff up for years but this will be a new venture for me.

I just bought a Ender 3 v2 too. You'll like it. My bed wouldn't stay level so I upgraded bed springs.


I use Prusa Slicer and the Ender 3 profile that comes with it.



The directions leave a little to be desired as far as assembly goes. I'd suggest watching a YT video. This one is for the Ender 3 but still pertains to the v2 https://youtu.be/dQ0q9zLygTY
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:59 PM   #1193
Rock Crawler
 
MaxxPain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bay Area (RWC)
Posts: 535
Default Re: 3d printer for rc parts

Found this cool IBC container on Thingiverse. Took about 20hrs to print. The cage had so much support, I found going slow was the best way to remove it all cleanly. Fits the forklift perfect. My son liked it so much he wanted a 2nd one with a red tank. Gonna need a killer Pallet rack soon.












Last edited by MaxxPain; 12-07-2020 at 10:15 PM.
MaxxPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 11:21 PM   #1194
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: The Big Island
Posts: 1,549
Default Re: 3d printer for rc parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxPain View Post
Found this cool IBC container on Thingiverse. Took about 20hrs to print. The cage had so much support, I found going slow was the best way to remove it all cleanly. Fits the forklift perfect. My son liked it so much he wanted a 2nd one with a red tank. Gonna need a killer Pallet rack soon.








That is awesome!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



3d printer for rc parts - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can your printer do this? CREEPERBOB Chit Chat 19 10-14-2011 07:33 PM
Are you a printer in OH or know someone who is? Phatmac Ohio 5 02-20-2009 02:14 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com