Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2020, 07:01 PM   #22
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Screw Storage ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Where does everyone make their bulk screw purchases

Edit: a label maker is a super useful tool. Has helped me be organized
I buy my all of bulk and kit screws from Team KNK. They can be purchased direct from their website and most all of the major hobby shops carry them. They are only about 2.5 hours away from me, so when I知 at one of their events I stock up.

I have bought some of my stainless screws from McMaster-Carr, but their shipping prices are ridiculous! They have individual sizes in packs of 25, 50 or 100 depending on the size.

Yeah, label makers are a must-have to keep organized!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 07:14 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I buy my all of bulk and kit screws from Team KNK. They can be purchased direct from their website and most all of the major hobby shops carry them. They are only about 2.5 hours away from me, so when I知 at one of their events I stock up.

I have bought some of my stainless screws from McMaster-Carr, but their shipping prices are ridiculous! They have individual sizes in packs of 25, 50 or 100 depending on the size.

I also buy all my screws from Team KNK. Best screws I've ever used.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 07:43 PM   #24
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
I also buy all my screws from Team KNK. Best screws I've ever used.

Agree! I致e never had a head strip or a rusty screw!

Old 12-17-2020, 08:38 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

I used to buy my hardware from McMaster-carr, still do sometimes. Last few t imes I bought from eBay if I'm not in a rush. I usually buy in bulk, 100 for each size 6 through 25mm, or larger.. I keep the screws in one 9f those transparent tackle boxes. Works well for me. Ive bought and outfitted allmost all my rc's (50+) with either black oxide or stainless steel.

Last edited by Gula; 12-17-2020 at 08:40 PM.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:14 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

I bought a (1500 pcs) Mega Bag Stainless Hardware Kit from KNK.
Zukiiholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:18 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zukiiholic View Post
I bought a (1500 pcs) Mega Bag Stainless Hardware Kit from KNK.

Geez, and I thought that 350 pack was a lot!

ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 10:47 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Screw storage is one area that I am lacking in. Most of the time I put the leftover parts in a ziplock bag, label it with whatever name of the kit I just built, and put it in a drawer in my tool box. This thread has given me some good ideas though, so thank you!

Agree with others, the KNK kits are NICE. I just used my first one in my recent VS4-10 Pro build, and I will buy more in the future. I ordered mine from Amain and found that I was short a few pieces during my build. Later learned that Amain only carries the "VS4-10" screw kit, while KNK's website has kits specific to each model (Ultra, Pro, etc). I will just order direct in the future.
RCBrutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 02:50 PM   #29
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post

Team KNK packs some nice fat screw bags. Looks good.

I have noticed a local industrial company called Fastenal that appear to sell small machine screws. I believe I have purchased specialty hardware from them in the past. May have to give them a call.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 03:16 PM   #30

Am I the only person that thinks the heads on KNK hardware is a little sloppy? Even MIP drivers don't fit those screws tightly.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 04:01 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Am I the only person that thinks the heads on KNK hardware is a little sloppy? Even MIP drivers don't fit those screws tightly.
I've built 4 different vehicles with knk screws and I've never had a problem with the heads being sloppy. My drivers ( both MIP and dynamite machined) fit like a glove, very tight.

MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 04:05 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I have noticed a local industrial company called Fastenal that appear to sell small machine screws. I believe I have purchased specialty hardware from them in the past. May have to give them a call.
In B.C., Fastenal has closed the brick and mortar locations and everything from them must be ordered on line with an account or, if you are a commercial customer, through your Fastenal representative. Even when they did have brick and mortar locations, if you were looking for something not stocked in the store, you had to buy a box which could be 100, 500, or 1,000 pieces. Not useful for me if I only needed 10 or so.

I've found a place that is reasonably close by and they carry 3mm and up size stainless hardware at a reasonable price and will sell any qty I need, even if its just one. They don't always have all sizes in stock but if it is listed in their inventory system, they will order it for me, which can take up to a week. I think it might be Chinese stuff based on the pricing and quality is okay if you use good quality hex drivers. Sorry Smog, not much help to you in Winterpeg.
nightcrawler48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 04:22 PM   #33
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler48 View Post
In B.C., Fastenal has closed the brick and mortar locations and everything from them must be ordered on line with an account or, if you are a commercial customer, through your Fastenal representative. Even when they did have brick and mortar locations, if you were looking for something not stocked in the store, you had to buy a box which could be 100, 500, or 1,000 pieces. Not useful for me if I only needed 10 or so.

I've found a place that is reasonably close by and they carry 3mm and up size stainless hardware at a reasonable price and will sell any qty I need, even if its just one. They don't always have all sizes in stock but if it is listed in their inventory system, they will order it for me, which can take up to a week. I think it might be Chinese stuff based on the pricing and quality is okay if you use good quality hex drivers. Sorry Smog, not much help to you in Winterpeg.
I did notice when trying to place my Fastenal order online that I needed an account number. I imagine I will face the same challenge here.

Appreciate the response either way.

I have ordered hardware bulk off of Ali Express that was decent quality, just takes 3 months to get here often times. Often forget I ever ordered the stuff when it takes that long.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 10:48 AM   #34
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Team KNK packs some nice fat screw bags. Looks good.

I have a local Fastenal that comes once a week to my place of employment. I thought they only sold to businesses. I'll have to ask them next time I see them if they sell to ordinary customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I've used many of their kits and have never noticed the heads being sloppy. They seem to be the same quality as McMaster-Carr and I haven't had a problem with their screws either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
I've built 4 different vehicles with knk screws and I've never had a problem with the heads being sloppy. My drivers ( both MIP and dynamite machined) fit like a glove, very tight.

Same here!
Old 12-19-2020, 02:50 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

These look nice https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2471753

But i use these for screws
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:796504

Old 12-31-2020, 06:51 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

I order my screws from Mcmaster, being so close i get them same day or next.

I purchased these organizers and hot glued the partition peices in, using 2 compartments as one, it fits the 100 qty pretty nicely.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clear-Jewel...72.m2749.l2649
ScalerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:00 PM   #37

I like using these from HF:

https://www.harborfreight.com/multi-...box-40528.html

No dividers to mess with, cheap, and easy to transport.
Xporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:06 AM   #38
Pebble Pounder

I'm sort of shocked I didn't see baby food jars mentioned in thisthread. They make for good storage and you can screw, glue or magnetize their lids to the undersides of shelves to save space too.
SurlyBurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:58 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

I really like using these fishing boxes. I've got a bunch of them I use for screws, spacers, servo horns, soldering connectors and heat shrink. I need to make a storage spot for them somehow when I get my space fixed up more.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:28 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

I'm a big fan of repurposing and I found that Goodwill type stores are a great place to source pill boxes. They usually have individual closing compartments. (And they are cheap).
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote

Screw Storage ? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gen8 ESC Jumper Issue plus what size screw is the servo horn screw? smithe68 Redcat Crawlers 8 04-15-2020 09:57 AM
RC storage Smonkman Newbie General 4 05-27-2016 05:24 PM
Storage! How does everyone do it? DaveFL Tires and Wheels 15 05-17-2013 02:07 PM
Screw storage solutions cbr6fs Tools, and Procedures 22 11-25-2011 03:37 AM
Stripped Hex Screw - Craftsman Screw Extractor bigstu Tools, and Procedures 8 11-05-2011 08:48 AM