Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: What adhesive for outdoor use?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2022, 12:20 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: What adhesive for outdoor use?

I used E6000 to repair a cover over a bird feeder about two years ago and it is still just fine in the weather full time.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2022, 01:06 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

the vulconizing agent will glue 2 peices of rubber together by melting the 2 layers together then squishing the 2 together to lock them in place
they do sell liquid rubber with the vulcanizing agent mixed in thats how ive been keeping my tire together for the last couple of years before it let go but you still have to have another layer of rubber for it to bond to
you can use a old innertube as the second layer to bond too and sandwich the screen between the 2 layers
the vulcanising cement alone might hold if you work the screen down in to the rubber but its not ment to hold stuff to rubber just melt the rubber
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 02:07 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
I used E6000 to repair a cover over a bird feeder about two years ago and it is still just fine in the weather full time.
I appreciate you weighing in on the topic, Inspector86. Interesting... I would've expected e6000 to have failed after that much time outdoors. I've really only used it in applications where outdoor elements aren't a factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
the vulconizing agent will glue 2 peices of rubber together by melting the 2 layers together then squishing the 2 together to lock them in place
they do sell liquid rubber with the vulcanizing agent mixed in thats how ive been keeping my tire together for the last couple of years before it let go but you still have to have another layer of rubber for it to bond to
you can use a old innertube as the second layer to bond too and sandwich the screen between the 2 layers
the vulcanising cement alone might hold if you work the screen down in to the rubber but its not ment to hold stuff to rubber just melt the rubber
I considered that. I'm somewhat familiar with the stuff but I appreciate you giving me a heads-up. The screen would be sorta sandwiched into the adhesive and once it cured I don't think it would go anywhere.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote

What adhesive for outdoor use? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
adhesive for Delrin? ekd Tools, and Procedures 17 07-30-2012 08:37 PM
Adhesive on foams? Dougefresh Tires and Wheels 10 05-07-2009 02:45 PM
Tire Adhesive Nicklepimp Minnesota 30 04-10-2009 02:32 PM
spray adhesive? FORD84 General Crawlers 1 07-06-2007 05:53 PM