RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tools, and Procedures (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tools-procedures/)
-   -   My flux dried out (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tools-procedures/82837-my-flux-dried-out.html)

KylePipkin 08-27-2007 01:01 PM

My flux dried out

Its not all hard its just alot thicker than when it was new. I dont know why it did that because the lid was always on tight. Is there something that I can mix into it to get it back to normal or should I just buy some new flux. It says on the back of the container that I can use water. Would it be alright if I did that?

STANG KILLA SS 08-27-2007 01:08 PM

every jar ive ever bought has done that (safetly silv flux).
on occation, ive added a few drops of water and stirred it up.

Kamikaze 08-27-2007 01:09 PM

Yep, we do it all the time at work.

mrpink 08-27-2007 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KylePipkin (Post 824303)
Its not all hard its just alot thicker than when it was new. I dont know why it did that because the lid was always on tight. Is there something that I can mix into it to get it back to normal or should I just buy some new flux. It says on the back of the container that I can use water. Would it be alright if I did that?

always happens. water is fine. a little at a time untill you get the texture you want. I like mine a bit thicker and stickier, seems to hold a tube in place at times.

First jar I had I threw away because I thought it dried out after like a week, lucky they are cheaper then the braze!

Double J 08-27-2007 02:29 PM

Yep yep.
Just did that this weekend.
I like to use bottled water, simple cause I've allready got it there to drink while I'm working. :-P

mrpink 08-27-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double J (Post 824420)
Yep yep.
Just did that this weekend.
I like to use bottled water, simple cause I've allready got it there to drink while I'm working. :-P

I use Fiji water... yes, it is more expensive- but the end result is well worth it.

roktoy 08-27-2007 04:05 PM

Crush it up a little and add a little hot water & stir.......
Jay

KylePipkin 08-27-2007 06:18 PM

hey thanks everyone. I mixed water with the flux, everything worked out fine for me and Im back to building. Ill have some more pics of my truck in a few weeks.

mrpink 08-27-2007 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KylePipkin (Post 824798)
hey thanks everyone. I mixed water with the flux, everything worked out fine for me and Im back to building. Ill have some more pics of my truck in a few weeks.

A FEW WEEKS???:shock::shock::shock:

KylePipkin 08-27-2007 08:30 PM

Well I should have alot done by then. The truck should almost be ready to run. I cant work on my monster truck too much because Im racing a MGT and a MBX-5 in a points series and I spend most of my time working on thoes two.