Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Tools and supplies

Notices

Thread: Mountain Storm Tire Press

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Smile Mountain Storm Tire Press

**************Currently Out Of Stock With No Restock Planned**********************

New Vendor here, but not new to vending my products and services. I have an established PayPal business account under rw_keeton@yahoo.com and I prefer to send invoices. All RCC rules of conduct apply. All payments will be for "Goods" and all goods shipped will receive automatic tracking.

First Thread in the Vendor Sub Forum. I wanted to make sure I did it right. I'm a tradesman. I prefer to handle everything in a transparent and workmanlike manner.

The Product for Sale is a Tire Press to facilitate mounting tires on rims. I sized it to work with 2.2 Crawler Tires but it will work on other sizes. As long as the maximum outside diameter of the compressed tire does not exceed 7" the press will operate as intended.

Operation is simple. Insert tire with foam(s) and rim between the Lexan plates and compress it against the work surface with one hand and tighten the knobs with the other. Once tire and rim are in proximity the operator will be able to work with both hands to mount the bead lock or glue on the tire.

Construction is rugged. Two precision routed and drilled 1/4" Lexan plates are put under pressure using stainless steel 5/16-18 hardware and hand knobs.

Dimensions might be handy to know. The plates are 1/4" Lexan precision routed to 7.75" in diameter with a precision routed center hole 2.88" in diameter. Bottom plate holes are 5/16" equally spaced 1/2" from edge. Top plate hole are 3/8" same same. Knobs are 2" 3 Lobe Phenolic with Brass inserts with 2" Steel Fast Lock knobs as an option. All hardware is stainless steel except the chrome plated brass acorn nuts.

Needless to say I have tested this press extensively and I will stand behind it 100%. Anything I make or sell I warranty.

I offer three options.

DIY Plate Kit. Top and Bottom Lexan Plates ready for hardware. No hardware included. $30 shipped Priority in the USA. rw_keeton@yahoo.com to request an invoice.

Tire Press. $65 shipped Priority in the USA. rw_keeton@yahoo.com to request an invoice.

Fast Lock Knobs Option: Add $15 to your Tire Press order. rw_keeton@yahoo.com to request an invoice.

Here are pictures of the goods.

This lays out the options for Right to Left: DIY, Tire Press, Fast Knobs Option.

Break down of what is included in each Tire Press order.

The $65 Tire Press with Brass Insert Phenolic Knobs, Lexan Plates, SS Hardware. rw_keeton@yahoo.com to request an invoice.

Last edited by MountainStorm; 10-26-2014 at 07:41 PM.
MountainStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2014, 02:33 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Mountain Storm Tire Press

Last edited by MountainStorm; 04-03-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Can you show a video of how it actually works with a sample rim and tire
ned72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ned72 View Post
Can you show a video of how it actually works with a sample rim and tire

and

Old 04-11-2014, 11:13 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Smile Re: Mountain Storm Tire Press

Here's a video I made this morning while I was mounting HB Rovers and Pro Line 2 Stage Foams for a client build.

Took me about 10 minutes and I was yapping away and wasting time.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:16 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I received the press three days later in Norcal, thanks for the fast shipping! It came very nicely packaged in large padded envelope and all the parts are very well finished and high quality.

It worked very well to mount up one 2.2 Ripsaw on RC4WD Hitman wheel with Crawler Innovations Double Deuce foams! My free time has been limited lately and I will do the other tires hopefully this week as I just finished a bunch of home repair work. So far I highly recommend the Mountain Storm Tire Press for mounting up problem wheels, tires and foams, it saved my fingers and hands from a lot of abuse and saved a ton of time! Thanks for great product!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I am glad to hear back from you. Makes me happy to know you found it a useful tool.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #8
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Default Bout time...

...someone produced these for sale.

Good looking press man.

J
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 11:39 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Nice. I want one! Just one suggestion though. Maybe use coarse threads for faster compression? Don't get me wrong the current design looks great I'm just impatient
big knobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:28 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by big knobs View Post
Nice. I want one! Just one suggestion though. Maybe use coarse threads for faster compression? Don't get me wrong the current design looks great I'm just impatient
Mine works great, I think the thread pitch is just right coarse enough for speed and strength, but still maintain great compression control while installing pita tires/foams on to my wheels.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Mountain Storm Tire Press - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mountain Storm Tire Press MountainStorm Tools, and Procedures 13 06-02-2014 06:09 PM
drill press RootBreaker Tools, and Procedures 24 02-03-2013 09:56 PM
Mountain bike tred tire Mechanicalbob Tires and Wheels 33 01-10-2010 04:05 PM
Help With Drill Press onefstsnake Tools, and Procedures 9 09-14-2005 07:24 PM