Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Started my Maxx based crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2005, 04:28 PM   #1

Default Started my Maxx based crawler

I have been tossing around a few idea's on how to build my buggy and now that I have chosen my path this is what I have decieded. I have an Emaxx tranny now and I have torn apart my sportmaxx for use of axles, shocks and whatever else I can scavenge. I am going to try for a 16 to 16.5 inch wheelbase tires and wheels are still a big I dunno so I don't know what kind of clearance I will have, The tranny will be mounted to 4 pieces of aluminum angle kinda like a subframe, I am thinking of trying a forward weight bias to keep weight on the front end to achieve this I want to run slightly shorter links in front then rear. I might try to mount the battery as low and as forward as possible in the aluminum frame"under the tranny" I will be making my own custom Revo driveshafts and locking out the axles somehow I have been collecting parts and pieces while figuring this out. When I have something substantial to show than I will throw up some pic's but for right now it is just sketches on the work bench. I do have one question right now though Can I use the reciever from the sportmaxx for my new electric truck are they the same pieces.
sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

The stock reciever on your sportmaxx is exactly the same as the reciever on the E Maxx. So it will work with an electric truck. Just plug your ESC in where you wopuld put your throttle servo.

Is your sportmaxx converted to 4wd?
CustomCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:41 PM   #3

yeah I did the conversion just after I bought the truck 2 wheel drive was fun but 4 wheel is better. I just have to pick up 2 spools for the diffs.
sled is offline   Reply With Quote