Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Search button creation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2005, 02:38 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

okay i got the motor mounted in it's place today. i guess the piece wasn't actually bent like i thought. it had some burs under it keeping it proped up some.

here's some pics:
Attached Images

xtremraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2005, 02:47 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

since i had the tranny out i thought i'ld take a couple pics of the mod i made to lock it into a single first fear:

1st pic: open tranny with forawrd only conversion shaft. get rid of the reverse no need for it

2nd pic: i left the primary shaft that is connected to the spur in the tranny. took all the other shafts out. they are laid out just like they come out of the tranny. the gears just laying there are the second gear assemble and clutch. you can remove these you don't need them in the tranny either.

3rd pic: what you see is the first gear. thisis the end where the secong gear and shaft slid on. after removing them i drilled 3 small holes through the first gear and the gear behind it. then put 3 servo mounting self tappers through it. you have to drill close to the silver nut looking thing to stay in the gear behind it

4th pic: back side of the previously mentioned setup
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2005, 02:50 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

had to do a little front end remodeling.

imagine my surprise when i had to put the 1/4 scale servo where the standard one was i knew it was gonna be bigger but i had never actually seen a 1/4 scale before

i got more than this done today but i didn't get the pics yet. will get them up soon

i still have another one to put in the back:?
Attached Images

Old 12-25-2005, 02:07 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

pics of everything i got done yesterday.
Attached Images

Old 12-25-2005, 02:12 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

1/4 scale servo was interesting to mount. i am gonna make my own cell packs. there will be two 3 cells packs. one pack on the front arm and one pack on the rear that will be open. i am thinking that will help even out the weight side to side.

now i have to remember where that link for making your own battery cells is.

i can wire my batteries apart like that and then link them together right?
Old 12-26-2005, 02:33 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

okay before i go burning all this stuff together i have drawn a little diagram. does it look like i have everything right?

don't feel like toasting anything if i can help it.

by seperating the packs like this, how will it affect my charging? will the two packs still charge as one?
Attached Images

Old 12-27-2005, 01:51 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

okay so i just went ahead and had a go at it. got it all wired together and it works well. had to make one small adjustment compared to the other diagram.

the previous diagram will only work if you don't want independant rear steering. and you will need a reverser in there somewhere too. all that would have been plugged into one channel.

i had too wire it like the diagram below to get the rear to steer on it's own. you can see next to the RX where i had to break the continuous yellow wire and run the rear yellow wire and a black wire to the 3rd channel.

and finally some pics of how it turned out on the truck.

hope my moabs get here soon. it's almost ready for a test run
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2005, 03:46 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Cool, let us know when you get your first test run in. How is your weight balanced out? It looks like if I'm not mistaken, that you put the motor and tranny facing to the rear? Could you have turned it around to get the majority of the weight to the front of the rig, or is the majority of the weight already in the front?:?

I am asking so many questions because I am build the same thing (t-maxx converted). Still waiting on my TR2 and revo knuckle/axle shafts to get here.

Thanks,
Chad
flexntj2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:41 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremraptor
since i had the tranny out i thought i'ld take a couple pics of the mod i made to lock it into a single first fear:

1st pic: open tranny with forawrd only conversion shaft. get rid of the reverse no need for it

2nd pic: i left the primary shaft that is connected to the spur in the tranny. took all the other shafts out. they are laid out just like they come out of the tranny. the gears just laying there are the second gear assemble and clutch. you can remove these you don't need them in the tranny either.

3rd pic: what you see is the first gear. thisis the end where the secong gear and shaft slid on. after removing them i drilled 3 small holes through the first gear and the gear behind it. then put 3 servo mounting self tappers through it. you have to drill close to the silver nut looking thing to stay in the gear behind it

4th pic: back side of the previously mentioned setup
I just realized something.....this is the first thread that I have seen that had a good write up of how to convert a t-maxx tranny to electric, and I have looked pretty extensively.
It even has good pictures
Someone should sticky this to the how to section. Just a thought. Thanks xtremraptor

Chad
Old 01-04-2006, 02:54 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I just realized something.....this is the first thread that I have seen that had a good write up of how to convert a t-maxx tranny to electric, and I have looked pretty extensively.
It even has good pictures
i had the same problem when i was looking for answers on how to lock the t-maxx tranny. that's why i took the pics and did the write up. i ended up just taking what i found about locking the e-maxx tranny and just tore the t-maxx apart and went at it. THANX for the compliment
Old 01-04-2006, 02:58 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

i had to do some modifying to the chassis i started with. as i sat and looked at it i just couldn't make myself like what was going on. the chassis was kind of heavy to start with. not only that but i think my COG way way too high.

so instead of the search button, i used the refresh button last weekend

check it out now:
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2006, 03:03 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

i also got the TQ3 all converted and set up. added my switch for the servo and EPA pots for front and rear.

here's the exposed wiring
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2006, 03:09 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

here are some pics with the wires stuffed back in, the switch mounted and the EPA's all glued in their spots
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2006, 03:10 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

and now a pic from outside the case. switch and EPA's mounted
Attached Images

Old 01-04-2006, 03:21 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexntj2001
Cool, let us know when you get your first test run in. How is your weight balanced out? It looks like if I'm not mistaken, that you put the motor and tranny facing to the rear? Could you have turned it around to get the majority of the weight to the front of the rig, or is the majority of the weight already in the front?:?

I am asking so many questions because I am build the same thing (t-maxx converted). Still waiting on my TR2 and revo knuckle/axle shafts to get here.

Thanks,
Chad
i put the tranny facing the same direction as it came out of the t-maxx. the e-maxx tranny also faces backwards so i figured that it had to go that way. i guess i could have turned it around but then i think i would have had to run the motor backward...:?

after i made the new chassis and remounted everything i think i have the wieght to the front now. especially with the rx pack i have to run.

my REVO stuff is on the way.. .. already got the center shafts in but i am waiting for the arm shafts and knuckles.

the new 2.2 MOAB's are gonna go too. they are too small for what i want. i have some LST's on the way. anyone interested in brand new MOAB's and HPI mesh rims?
Old 01-04-2006, 09:31 AM   #36
Colt Python/SR9c

very nice post ya got here.. good job on pics and details

Just remember though, this ain't the For Sale section
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #37
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremraptor
i had the same problem when i was looking for answers on how to lock the t-maxx tranny. that's why i took the pics and did the write up. i ended up just taking what i found about locking the e-maxx tranny and just tore the t-maxx apart and went at it. THANX for the compliment

That is basically the same thing that I did. I talked to people that said they did it, but with no real good description.

Anyway, great job on the build up.

Chad
Old 01-04-2006, 05:32 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
very nice post ya got here.. good job on pics and details

Just remember though, this ain't the For Sale section
sorry ... won't let it happen again. my only intention was to display my dislike for them on my truck.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:38 PM   #39
Colt Python/SR9c

Ahh, ain't no big deal.. I just had to mention it
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:06 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

even though this is still not the for sale forum, when are you gonna put them over there, im VERY interested, let me know. thanks.
Amaxx is offline   Reply With Quote