Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Brushless motors for the summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Brushless motors for the summit

Well I have a summit coming and I wanna add brushless for power and convienance. I was thinking on buy the kershaw 4s setup. Im just looking for a replacemant for the stock can for all around general use. Not looking for break neck speed or anything just reliability. Also with out breaking the bank. The tekin system seems popular but its a bit more then i wanna spend. Looking for anyone whos used the kershaw 4s system and how it worked out for them, Thanks!!

http://204.186.93.64/BrushlessMotorSystems-Gen2.htm
rockeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Well after doing some research I decided to try the turnigy 150a sensored/sensorless esc with the xerun 2250kv sensored brushless motor.sensored for better low speed control as i do mostly climbing and crawling type of stuff
On 4s.
Going to take a while to get the motor though postal strike in Canada
keeping my dewalt setup for winter and wet runningWish i could help more but i haven't tried my combo yet.The dewalt is a torque monster pull your garden shed around the yard kinda monster

Last edited by jaymann; 06-05-2011 at 10:34 PM.
jaymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Sweet then the dewalt can haul my wi... oh nvm...

Hows top end on the dewalt?
Old 06-06-2011, 05:02 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Novak HV 6.5 is very fun setup for speed and crawl
badgravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:43 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Well After quite a bit of reading Im a get a dewalt for back up for now and save for the tekin. I dont even have my truck yet, in the snail mail somewhere.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:01 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

The dewalt is strong and rebuildable. water no problem just clean it at the end of the day and relube the front and rear bearings,Which are replacable as are the brushes.Can be geared up for a bit more speed but will run hotter.It's not a fast set up but is super torquy.I am running 8.26" tall rc4wd rock crushers for tires.the titan did not like that very much even geared down 7oz of weight in each front wheel the stock servos were not even close to strong enough to deal with that dbl whammy.went to a single turnigy 767 hv from hobby king much better.metal steering bellcrank and servo horn solved the snapping off of arms and stripped plastic horns problem
Old 06-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Well I bought a 14.4 and 10 spart brushes and some extra bearings. I am set for awhile i thinkg.

Now just got to wait for my truck to come. Id rather get poked in the eye with a stick then wait for my truck. oh well lol
Old 07-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Well after a looooong wait,My motor showed up so I'm running a 150amp sensored/unsenored hobby king esc with a xerun 2250kv motor in sensored
mode ....WOW on 4s it is way faster,maybe too fast for this truck.LOL
more important to me, how is the low speed/cogging? From the little test i did zero cogging crawls perfectly so far sensored.I am going to detune it some it's stupid quick.I haven't got it to wide open yet..3/4 throttle and when i try for more it takes all the weight off the front and it's starts pulling to one side stsrt to lose control gotta back off.I can see this getting interesting.still love the dewalt and will run that in fall, winter when rain is part of life here.for 150 bucks i'm pretty impressed
Old 09-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Default brushless i will try soon

thanks jamann for the heads up on that set up. let us know how your diffs hold out. and r u getting those aluminum diffs from the fella over seas?
panama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by panama View Post
thanks jamann for the heads up on that set up. let us know how your diffs hold out. and r u getting those aluminum diffs from the fella over seas?
So far diff's are doing ok I am taking it easy on them,Yes my set is on the way.i got the ball rolling on those he had two.so i ordered them and was going to order a batch or two of 10 and resell them.some health issues are stopping me from working for a while (chemotherapy)kicks the crap out of your energy levels,Another fella picked up the ball and is ordering a batch or two.Mine should be here soon.very happy with the turnigy esc 65 bucks not quite as nice as my mamba max pro feature wise.but for half the price.If it blows up from the liquid tape job i did on it,It won't hurt much.i have it tuned down.It was a bit too much power for the soft setup to handle
http://www.youtube.com/user/discusdog#p/u/5/-uaq4kovYl4

Last edited by jaymann; 09-25-2011 at 08:30 PM. Reason: fixed link
Old 09-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Unhappy link no work

youtube link? jamann.
panama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by panama View Post