Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 10t puller vs. 14.4v dewalt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default 10t puller vs. 14.4v dewalt

Ok so I have a 10t hh puller motor Im running on dual 2s. Its got lots of torque, and I like it. However, I am curious what is the difference compared to a 14.4v dewalt motor. Anyone got any experience? Basically I want more speed without sacrificing torque and low speed control.
White Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I have no reference for the hh puller,but i was running a 14.4v dewalt on 4s in my summit.At the time it was getting close to 16 or 17 pounds
never ran out of torque.tons of torque it wasn't really any faster but i was geared down a bit.They are pretty much bullet proof and rebuildable for a resonable price.they can be geared higher for a bit more speed the 18v has more torque but should be run on 5 or 6s
jaymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

So was it as fast as the stock 775 motor but just more torque?
Old 08-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

It is faster and quicker than the titan on 4s geared equal but it can take a bit more gearing than the titan.from my research the titan 775 and the kershaw 700 ho are the same motor the kershaw has more timing for a bit more rpm.the dewalt destroys either one really
the 12v is the quickest of the three but runs hot like burn your hand hot the 14.4 worked fine for my truck.
here some climbs and stuff may give you a idea.the stuff not labeled brushless are with the dewalt the other trucks are running stock motors or a kershaw 700 ho mine is the white bronco or white silveradoo. http://www.youtube.com/user/discusdog

Last edited by jaymann; 08-21-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the good info. So have you broken anything with the dewalt? Or have you gotten it to stall crawln?
Old 08-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Stripe View Post
Thanks for the good info. So have you broken anything with the dewalt? Or have you gotten it to stall crawln?
I couldn't get it to stall really something would break first.popped a axle here or there (my fault)"if it's jammed it jammed dummy"couple diff's again somewhat my fault being dumb(looking into metal diff cups not cheap)twisted a shaft or two again driver abuse.A great motor that i will still run in the winter likely.rebuildable torque up the ying yang cheap and almost bullet proof can be geared up or down depending on what you want
Old 09-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Where can you find the aluminum diff cup? I've been looking...
swezy207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Default no aluminum diff-cups.

been reading upn that on anther site and isaw a pic of one made for the summit but not forsale yet, but check out this linkhttp://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ight=brushless
and scroll thru this thread and you'll see a pic of themhttp://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...96#post4908096
panama is offline   Reply With Quote