Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Just how Good Stock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2016, 12:33 PM   #1

Default Just how Good Stock?

I am checking out the Summit Extreme for my first Crawling,Brawling off Road Rc. I have looked at the Axial Bomber, the Vaterra Twin Hammers, and the Losi Night Crawler (too slow, will bore me, it does one thing good,crawl,). This Traxxas Summit has everything I am looking for low/high tranny, locking front and rear differentials, waterproof electonics, batteries and charger, and comes in GREEN. Like to know how they hold up and perform for the hefty price tag?
steenroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2016, 12:48 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Just how Good Stock?

You should check the Traxxas forums, there's more info and opinions there for the Summits and all Traxxas'.
I have a Revo 3.3/Summit hybrid and a modified Summit VXL and I love them both, but running style and landscape change for everyone. Sounds like it could be a good match for you.
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:15 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I purposefully run mine pretty hard in some off-road places like quad trails, slate dumps, etc. and it's by far one of my favorite Traxxas trucks. If the wheelbase was a tad longer it'd be one of the most capable trucks IMO, but alas...

Anyways, after my many months of ownership I broke a lower a-arm from rolling 30 feet down an asphalt pile, and just recently I broke both stock servos (with aftermarket taller tires though).

I'm fixing it up again to go brushless as the slower speed had grown old on me, but it's definitely a very versatile truck that works well IMO. It for sure needs to run on 4S with LiPos though, the stock NiMh batteries leave a lot to be desired.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:12 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I just got a used one off the Traxxas forums, I really had a hard time finding anything bad about them. They seem to be the do everything truck and are very rugged stock. Mine arrived today so I'll have a first hand opinion soon
rstekeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:23 AM   #5

I too have been very happy with mine. I have a hobby wing brushless system in mine but it is otherwise stock and while I have only run 4S on it I have yet to break anything. Been a solid truck!
Swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:15 AM   #6

Swampy did you have to shim your diffs?
Ausomecrawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Just how Good Stock? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What would be a good servo for stock BR-XL? juswin24 Electronics 6 03-29-2012 06:36 AM
Stock Wheels - good or not? mascman Team Losi Comp Crawler 14 11-10-2009 07:48 PM
what good is stock????? ped453 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 10 05-17-2009 01:02 PM
are the stock shocks any good? RCMFMaxxMan HPI Wheely King 18 11-06-2007 03:15 PM