Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: My take on a Telluride Trail Truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 08:38 AM   #21

Default Re: My take on a Telluride Trail Truck

This is pretty informative, and encouraging.

Any updates?
SilveradoTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Telly is still alive, well and getting the tires driven off of it I sold it to a fellow club member that REALLY had to have it. He did replace the inexpensive bec with a Castle 10a bec and the D772 servo came to life. It's got LOTS of steering power now. Here's a picture Telly in her new home (right beside the TF2 and SCX-10 that both used to be mine also, lol).

John82601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:23 PM   #23

That's great to see that's it's still getting used. Especially since it looks more like a proper trail explorer.

I've got a Telluride at home that's been sitting in the box (unopened), and this is making me consider getting it out of the box.
SilveradoTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Gotta agree with Silverado, great build thread and I like that it's still on the trails too! I've got one at the HTU I work for on Layaway az well as SCT beadlocks and soft Trenchers with the plans to do this to it.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:31 PM   #25

I just can't believe it could win a crawling event against a group of axial models. You must really know how to set these up.
Loganradd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganradd View Post
I just can't believe it could win a crawling event against a group of axial models. You must really know how to set these up.
It wouldn't be a comp rig, more of a basher and GTG rig like my stock chassis WK is. I kinda see these as I do the Trailhawk version of the new Cherokee and the independantly sprung Land/Range Rover sport utilities. When fully modded within the relms of their stock basic suspensions compared to their solid axle predecessors, they won't be able to be taken as far, but are still pretty damned capable for what they are, especially when you consider the Cherokee is build on a compact Alfa-Romeo car platform.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganradd View Post
It entirely depends on the terrain but truck setup helps. This wasn't the nationals, this was a local event and at the time I'd already put over 20hrs of drive time on the truck so I knew how it handled in most situations. On the truck side of the equation, sitting on 1.9's it has 3" of belly/breakover clearance and more clearance under the differentials than my SCX's do. On the 2.2 Flat Irons it has even more clearance. What pictures don't convey is how EASY this truck is to drive.

Like I preach to the local newbies, set up a solid and capable vehicle then get out there and drive it. Even locally we have an attrition rate of about 30% because people don't take care of routing maintenance at home. Add in the guys that completely change their setup the night before and you've taken out half of the field. The rest of it is to build a truck that will run all day and know how to drive it.

Now do you want to hear about our comp last weekend where I won with a Sawback against a field of SCX's and Wraith's (click the link)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/486469971461567/

Last edited by John82601; 07-01-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #28

I have a Telluride. I got it before i got my Wraith. It is a great basher truck. I gave it to my Wife and oldest to drive. We are going to make it look like the wifes JK Jeep she drives. I have a 1.1 Jeep that I rock crawl with. Wanting to make the wraith look like it.
Tweeternpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Hey guys, I was talking to a Traxxas Phone rep yesterday, sounds like a few of their guys who've made the Teluride a trail rig are using the diffs out of the brushed 4x4 Stampede! The Slash 4x4s, Stampede 4x4 VXL, 1/10 Rally VXL, and Telluride all use the Revo's 37t ring gear with a platform specific 13t pinion gear, while the brushed 4x4 Pede runs a 47t ring gear and 12t pinion with finer pitched gears. Every thing else is is the same as the rest of it's 4x4 platform mates too, so it's all a bolt on swap!
Old 07-08-2014, 02:52 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
Hey guys, I was talking to a Traxxas Phone rep yesterday, sounds like a few of their guys who've made the Teluride a trail rig are using the diffs out of the brushed 4x4 Stampede! The Slash 4x4s, Stampede 4x4 VXL, 1/10 Rally VXL, and Telluride all use the Revo's 37t ring gear with a platform specific 13t pinion gear, while the brushed 4x4 Pede runs a 47t ring gear and 12t pinion with finer pitched gears. Every thing else is is the same as the rest of it's 4x4 platform mates too, so it's all a bolt on swap!
What is the benefit? Is it then a locked diff?
Bmr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:28 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

It doesn't lock the diffs but it gives you much more flexibility in your pinion / spur combination by lowering the differential gear ratio from 2.84:1 (37/13) to 3.91:1 (47/12). Just like on full size trucks you lower the gear ratio in the axles to compensate for bigger tires to keep your engine in a happy rpm range, we can use the lower ratio to keep our motor in a happier rpm range.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...7&I=LXEAKG&P=K
Old 07-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Yup, If I did the math right, there's about a 7.5:1 difference in the final drive ratios with the stock pinion and spur gears. I put in an order for all the stock Stampede diff pieces and some 500k diff oil so once I get all the stuff paid for, I can start swapping parts.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:04 AM   #33

Talking Re: My take on a Telluride Trail Truck

i love this thread cause no one is dissing the telluride, to be honest because of this thread i bought mine and i have done some modding lol:

part list:

2 sets of ST Racing Aluminum Rear Arms for Stampede
2 sets of heavy duty MIP drive shafts
stampede 2x4 turn buckles
ST Aluminum Front C-Hubs for Slash 4 x 4
4 GPM Racing #SLA057R Aluminum Adjustable Upper Arm
ST Racing HD Aluminum Steering Bellcrank, front and read shock towers steering blocks and carriers for the Slash 4x4
siting on 2.8 proline trenchers
gearing is all stock, but it has a 55t motor in it atm and a h2 body from proline

it climbs up a 5 in curb no problem, next up mod is the diffs ether locking of spooling ones and some 1/8 tires for more clearince

so all u telluride haters and go suck it! lol
anaconda367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaconda367 View Post
i love this thread cause no one is dissing the telluride, to be honest because of this thread i bought mine and i have done some modding lol:

part list:

2 sets of ST Racing Aluminum Rear Arms for Stampede
2 sets of heavy duty MIP drive shafts
stampede 2x4 turn buckles
ST Aluminum Front C-Hubs for Slash 4 x 4
4 GPM Racing #SLA057R Aluminum Adjustable Upper Arm
ST Racing HD Aluminum Steering Bellcrank, front and read shock towers steering blocks and carriers for the Slash 4x4
siting on 2.8 proline trenchers
gearing is all stock, but it has a 55t motor in it atm and a h2 body from proline

it climbs up a 5 in curb no problem, next up mod is the diffs ether locking of spooling ones and some 1/8 tires for more clearince

so all u telluride haters and go suck it! lol
Hate to inform you, but you now drive a stampede 4x4. Your telluride is long gone.

Last edited by Bmr4life; 09-21-2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #35

i know lol
though it has the telluride diff gears and not the stampedes so.....ya
anaconda367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:09 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaconda367 View Post
i know lol
though it has the telluride diff gears and not the stampedes so.....ya
Telluride diffs are the same as the vxl stampede 4x4. So parts wise, you have built a vxl stampede 4x4 with a brushed power train. Summing it all up, your truck is actually an example of what people do that hate on tellurides. The OP is an example of those that truly do like them. John82601's truck was/is an awesome Telluride that I plan on mimicking when I get some extra time and cash. Yours doesn't even resemble one anymore.

Last edited by Bmr4life; 09-21-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

I hate to bump this up but I dont agree that his truck is what people that hate tellurides do, he obviously likes the telluride and there isnt alot of alloy upgrades for it. I like seeing people do different things with their trucks that way we dont have 100 SCX's running every get together.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:26 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
I hate to bump this up but I dont agree that his truck is what people that hate tellurides do, he obviously likes the telluride and there isnt alot of alloy upgrades for it. I like seeing people do different things with their trucks that way we dont have 100 SCX's running every get together.
While we are open to have opinions, yours is wrong lol. The only parts I do agree with is that it is awesome to see all the modded SCX's. But no one can deny that an SCX10 that has had all its SCX10 parts replaced with AX10 parts is no longer an SCX and is now an AX10. Just like a Telluride that has every unique part replaced with a Stampede part is now a Stampede.

Also, you must not know what a Stampede 4x4 looks like. Here are some examples

Last edited by Bmr4life; 11-06-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:53 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I have a pretty good idea what a stampede looks like, nice job sliding his in there btw. I'll drop it to keep from cluttering someone else's thread since you apparently know all.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:31 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
Yeah I have a pretty good idea what a stampede looks like, nice job sliding his in there btw. I'll drop it to keep from cluttering someone else's thread since you apparently know all.
LOL, right. You don't what to clutter up someone's thread that you knew you shouldn't have responded to in the first place. Way to take the high road. You're welcome to PM me anytime.

My take on a Telluride Trail Truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas Telluride Titanium Linkage Upgrade Blue Monkey RC Chassis and Suspension 3 03-10-2015 12:45 PM
New traxxas telluride 4x4 crawlernut General Crawlers 31 12-15-2013 03:47 PM
Traxxas telluride azwheelman Videos! 18 10-03-2013 09:17 AM
Traxxas Telluride zjguy721 General Crawlers 4 09-06-2013 12:07 PM