Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Went with the Telluride.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2015, 08:52 AM   #41
wyd
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Went with the Telluride.

So being impatient sometimes I didn't know when we where ordering again at the shop I work at since it is are super slow time of year so I have another friend that owns a hobby shop and he had an order going in Wed morning so I had him order more some Badlands and Scorpio tires that I would use on my Telluride. That gives me 3 different sets of tires to mess around with. Kinda like having different tires for different looks on my crawler and just for the overall fun of it. They will be here Friday.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2015, 02:48 PM   #42
wyd
Rock Crawler

Did some more changes this afternoon to the Telluride. I changed the oil from 20wt in my GTR shocks to 27 1/2wt Losi oil. It felt too springy before but now feels better overall. I also drilled new front suspension mount holes on the arms so now I can my the bottom of my GTR shocks in and gain some extra ride height and have the same amount of travel front and rear. If I put enough spring tension on and max out the ride height I can get ride at 3" under the front bumper. I don't have the springs preloaded for max ride height but the option is available to me if I wanted to do so. Thread shocks make it so nice to adjust on the trails.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:40 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
I will have to check one of those out sometime.
I wanted to run one in my Ascender too, but it won't fit, even the old Trinity 21t I had in my Telluride had the same issue.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:40 PM   #44
wyd
Rock Crawler

Today my new Proline Badlands and J Concepts Scorpios came in. I mounted up the Badlands onto new Proline F-11 beadlock rims with the same 1/8th Ofna orange molded foam since it is much softer than the new style molded foams. Just took them for a little spin and they seem to work as good as my Proline Trencher X's which are one compound softer than the what the M2 Badlands on. I can see these tires being pretty fun and they look mean as hell.

The Scorpios I tried to mount on the same rims but they have a much wider bead on the outside part of the tire and where not made for the Proline Bead lock rims. So I did a test fit on some J Concepts black 0 off set Hazard Losi SCTE rims. Beads fit the rims perfectly so the only down fall using these tires will surely be I have to glue the damn things. On the good side they look much more scale tread design for those that are 100% scale type. They are a green compound from JC and are softer than the the Badlands and also still softer than my M3 Trenchers by just a touch and they are a thinner rubber so will flex a whole lot more than my Badlands and the Trenchers. Will get them glued up and maybe try to run them this weekend but if not will have them ready middle of this week to try.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:28 AM   #45
wyd
Rock Crawler

Just finished gluing up my new JC Scorpios. Once the glue dries I will take them out for a test run. More scale looking than the pretty much anything else out that will fit the the SC style rim plus much softer than most tires out to. I did look at mounting up some new M4 Calibers from Proline for my Telluride as they are the softest compound out for the SC style tires and if I change out the stock molded inserts you could make a very soft set of trail/crawling tires. Maybe not scale looking but then again they will be very soft and flexable to conform to rocks and the terrain so could be a nice tire to mess with.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:03 AM   #46
wyd
Rock Crawler

Here are my tries I use for my Telluride. From left to right its Proline Trencher X, Badlands and Scorpios. I like all of them. The Badlands and Scorpios only have about 1 run each on them while my Trencher X's have about 1 1/2 hours of running on them. I just switch off between them when I want something a little different when I'm out trailing or some rock crawling.

Old 06-01-2015, 11:55 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Hey Wyd, I would like to know how all three of your tires compare at your local crawling course. Have you thought about Pitbull short course tires in their ultra soft komp kompound? These are the same compound as their 2.2 crawler tires. I know the Pitbull SCT tires will mount right up to your beadlocks with no trimming. And they look VERY scale.
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:40 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Those Scorpio's are nice looking tires. Too bad they don't fit on the beadlocks.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:42 AM   #49
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Hey Wyd, I would like to know how all three of your tires compare at your local crawling course. Have you thought about Pitbull short course tires in their ultra soft komp kompound? These are the same compound as their 2.2 crawler tires. I know the Pitbull SCT tires will mount right up to your beadlocks with no trimming. And they look VERY scale.
I will have to check those out. A few guys at the club are using the standard 2.2 versions. They seem to work pretty well. For my tires the Badlands give a little more ride height, look nasty and accel on the looser dirt. Not the greatest on the rocks only because they are M2 compound which is not as soft as the other two I have. The Scorpios are in JC's green soft compound, scale tread pattern, lightest tire setup I have. Nice combination for scale guys and overall pretty good. They trail good overall and do nicely on the rocks but don't do as well in loose dirt since they don't have deep lugs to dig in like the Badlands do. The Trencher X's are M3 compound so they are pretty soft but not as soft as the Scorpios. For me they are the best overall tire I have for trails and rocks. Soft enough to bite the rocks but deep enough treads for softer dirt. I will probably use these most of the time until I get some of the Pitbulls you suggested. Then will see how they compare. For now the Trencher X's will be on most of the time.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:44 AM   #50
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Those Scorpio's are nice looking tires. Too bad they don't fit on the beadlocks.
If I had more experience with crawlers and cutting tires I might of tried modifying them to fit the PL headlocks I use.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:06 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:
If I had more experience with crawlers and cutting tires I might of tried modifying them to fit the PL headlocks I use.
Yeah, I have very little crawling experience myself as I've only been at it since Christmas. I don't want to work on my truck if I don't have to. Its very addictive though. I like the encouraging social aspect of crawling at a local crawling course. Everyone is friendly and always willing to help you get over a obstacle. I like that I can interact more and talk with my son and give him a high five when he gets over a difficult obstacle that he thought he couldn't.

It's not that way with short course trucks. You're on the driver's stand concentrating, not talking. I like how with crawling\trailing you're following your truck, getting excercise. Sometimes crawling is more enjoyable than short course. I also like the fact that batteries last a lot longer, giving a tremendous amount of run time. I use a 5000mah 3s lipo with sensored brushless set up and it will last 3-4 hrs! CRAZY!! It's usually the only battery I'll use. My son is lucky if he'll go thru two 6500mah 70c 2s batteries in that time. These are the same 2s batteries we use for 4x4 short course that last 20 mins at the track.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:19 AM   #52
RCC Addict

BTW, I'm selling a 2wd SCT to help fund a used Telluride. I've gotta get one of these trucks. After watching some YouTube videos, it's gotta be done. I won't drive my Wraith like I stole it, but I'll drive a Telluride like that only because I know it can take it. It just looks like such a FUN truck.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:47 PM   #53
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
BTW, I'm selling a 2wd SCT to help fund a used Telluride. I've gotta get one of these trucks. After watching some YouTube videos, it's gotta be done. I won't drive my Wraith like I stole it, but I'll drive a Telluride like that only because I know it can take it. It just looks like such a FUN truck.
It finally got to you. I feel you pain in this area for sure. I used mine on Sunday for an about 1 1/2 hours and it runs flawlessly. Couldn't be happier with mine. Plus Traxxas stuff is easy for any shop to order parts for and to get online so makes it even better as the down town would always be super small.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:43 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
It finally got to you. I feel you pain in this area for sure. I used mine on Sunday for an about 1 1/2 hours and it runs flawlessly. Couldn't be happier with mine. Plus Traxxas stuff is easy for any shop to order parts for and to get online so makes it even better as the down town would always be super small.
Yes. Gotta have one. I'm also selling a Castle equipped AE SC10 4x4 with a Airtronics radio. Between the two it won't cost me anything out of my pocket. Probably have some money left over for beadlocks, tires, and some hop-ups.

I like Traxxas vehicles. Parts availability is one of the reasons why I want one as well.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:40 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Hey Wyd . Is there any chance you could throw the stock wheel on the back and leave thebeadlock with the blue ring on the front and take a picture from the front a little above the truck so we can see the difference in the offset from the ProTrac beadlock to the stock wheel? Thanks
Old 06-04-2015, 09:15 AM   #56
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Hey Wyd . Is there any chance you could throw the stock wheel on the back and leave thebeadlock with the blue ring on the front and take a picture from the front a little above the truck so we can see the difference in the offset from the ProTrac beadlock to the stock wheel? Thanks
I sure can. When I go in Friday to the shop I will take pics and then get them posted here for you.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
I sure can. When I go in Friday to the shop I will take pics and then get them posted here for you.
Thank you sir. It is much appreciated! Have you noticed a difference in stability with the stock wheels vs the narrower beadlock set up. Is it more tippy with the narrower wheels?
Old 06-05-2015, 02:00 PM   #58
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thank you sir. It is much appreciated! Have you noticed a difference in stability with the stock wheels vs the narrower beadlock set up. Is it more tippy with the narrower wheels?
Lol i never ran my stock wheels. I will say with my bead locks and no weight it climbs as good as my buddies SCX10 other than big rocks where they have more ground clearence in the center of their chassis but other wise I'm with them. On side hills my truck is easily as stable as any other truck other than lets say a Wraith that is just super wide.

Pics taken. Just need to get to work computer to transfer to Photobucket and then to here.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:11 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Lol i never ran my stock wheels. I will say with my bead locks and no weight it climbs as good as my buddies SCX10 other than big rocks where they have more ground clearence in the center of their chassis but other wise I'm with them. On side hills my truck is easily as stable as any other truck other than lets say a Wraith that is just super wide.

Pics taken. Just need to get to work computer to transfer to Photobucket and then to here.
Keep in mind that a Wraith is only 11" wide, the same as a stock Telluride! They just look wider because the cage is more narrow.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:48 PM   #60
RCC Addict

What the Telluride has over the Wraith is a shorter Wheelbase to make sharper, tighter turns. With my Wraith on the sharp, tight turns I usually have to make a 3 point turn or more. There's a guy at the crawler course with a Dingo that can make some SHARP turns. Like the Telly, The Dingo has a 11" wheelbase. The Wraith has more ground clearance though. I haven't come acrossed a obstacle yet that the Wraith can't climb up and over. I can't wait to get my Telly and drive the same course and lines as the Wraith to see what it can do!!

Hey Wyd........where's those pics ?

Went with the Telluride. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My take on a Telluride Trail Truck John82601 Traxxas Crawlers 60 02-02-2016 11:03 AM
Telluride? mwe-maxxowner Traxxas Crawlers 34 05-03-2015 06:53 AM
New traxxas telluride 4x4 crawlernut General Crawlers 31 12-15-2013 03:47 PM
Traxxas telluride azwheelman Videos! 18 10-03-2013 09:17 AM
Traxxas Telluride zjguy721 General Crawlers 4 09-06-2013 12:07 PM